Default I started at Batman Year One and I'm loving it.

I've been a Batman fan for many years but only recently decided to start reading the trade paperbacks rather than the individual comics.

Anyway I started by getting the list of trades from batmantrades.com starting after COIE with Batman Year One.

I've only read this, and Batman and the Monster Men so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Actually I'm also reading Dark Knight Returns which is absolutely awesome.

Batman is awesome.

well that's good. there's plenty of good Batman to read. check the sticky thread up top

Nice to see another person joining us!
    Joker: "You killed Captain Clown. You Killed Captain Clown!"

Reading: Ex Machina: Fact V. Fiction
    Watching: Death Note

I'm envious! I wish I could go back and re-read everything, for the first time, all over again. Lots of great stuff lies ahead. Enjoy!

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    I'm envious! I wish I could go back and re-read everything, for the first time, all over again. Lots of great stuff lies ahead. Enjoy!
    I know, right? Then again, when you first start, everything is fresh and great. IIRC, I started at TDKR, then read War Games. And I may sorta might have perhaps preferred the later.
    Still, there is a significant amount of classic Batman I haven't read. Along with all of Snyder and half of Morrisson's run.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Nothing wrong with liking War Games (I like it too).

I started with Batman about 24 years ago. About the only stuff I haven't read is the Silver Age...just way too "out there" for me. But then, every character was too "out there" in the SA for my tastes. I've gone back & read the stuff Morrison referenced in his run, but I stay away from everything else.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking War Games (I like it too).

I started with Batman about 24 years ago. About the only stuff I haven't read is the Silver Age...just way too "out there" for me. But then, every character was too "out there" in the SA for my tastes. I've gone back & read the stuff Morrison referenced in his run, but I stay away from everything else.
    Don't say it too loudly on this forum. In retrospect, it was OK. Most the plotlines sucked, one or two were alright. But I was new and naive.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I agree that Batman is awesome, but I also want to talk about myself:

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine got me into reading some of his Batman trades (of which he has a ton, starting at Year One). I read that, The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween (simply, wow), and Dark Victory. Totally blown away... then I read Knightfall (vol. 1 not bad, but 2 & 3 went downhill to varying degrees). I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to continue the '90s and '00s after that. But by the time I got to that point, the New 52 got started, and then I got into reading single issues, and I've never looked back. I'm absolutely loving Snyder & Capullo's Batman and am so thankful for these guys because I know how badly Batman can be handled! Daniel's not bad, I think, although he's no master -- I still have fun reading his Detective Comics because it reminds me a bit of the cheesiness of the really old Batman comics (some of which I read in my friend's Batman Chronicles).