Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    You did.

Nope. Nice try, though.

Yeah, that's a bunch of gobbledygook, stock retorts, and faux outrage that really says nothing. You claimed she was gawky and awkward "as a person." You have no idea what she's like as a person because you don't know her. The only way you could know her as a person was to have met her. Which you haven't. Period. End of story.
    Awkward.

Gawky.

Anne Hathaway.

Oh look at that. After all your typing my opinion still remains.
    Last edited by I-Ching; 04-14-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well to be fair, the third movie in general has got a reputation for being the clunker of the trilogy. But Christopher Nolan has never made a bad movie so far, so I'll definitely trust him.
    Bourne Ultimatum
    Toy Story 3
    Return Of The King

Just to name a few. If you're referring strictly to the superhero genre well the reason movies like X3 and Spider-man 3 weren't on par with their predecessors was mostly due to studio interference. I guess this could also apply to the Burton/Schumacher movies. That doesn't seem to be the case here. WB has let Nolan have creative freedom right from the get go. That's something that Sony didn't give Raimi for Spider-Man 3 and what could've been Spider-Man 4 had Raimi stayed on.

Nolan also focuses on story. Regardless of how some people don't like his Batman films or his 'cerebral' films like Inception, story and characters are the forefront. It's not a tug of war between directors and producers over what characters are in the film because they're popular in the comic books and what the fans 'want'. If WB really wanted to cash in on TDK's success, they would've rushed the film out for 2011 last year instead of 2012. Similar to how Fox rushed X3 out for Summer 06.

They also didn't try to pressure Nolan into having this in 3D and didn't force him to recast Joker.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Awkward.

Gawky.

Anne Hathaway.

Oh look at that. After all your typing my opinion still remains.
    Well, it's not like I was trying to make it go away. I was simply demonstrating why it was without basis in fact, logic, or reason and thus lacked any validity or creditability.

Mission accomplished.

Speaking of awkward, is Batman going to speak to Catwoman in that goofy voice? Talk about a mood-killer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, it's not like I was trying to make it go away. I was simply demonstrating why it was without basis in fact, logic, or reason and thus lacked any validity or creditability.

Mission accomplished.
    again, as someone who has spent time (an evening) around her and interacted with her, she's anything but gawky and awkward.

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

I'm sensing a strong Julie Newmar influence. I love it.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Not feeling this costume but I'm not so much a fan of Ms. Hathaway.

BANNED

This picture is nice but the other ones i've seen look way too much like the Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt version which i really don't see working well with Nolans vision of the Batman movies.