Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saga #2

Damn. That must be the best second issue of any comic book title I've ever read.
    Last edited by Trilipush; 04-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    There will be one new think haunting my dreams with every issue.

And that's a good thing.
    I agree completely with this. The first issue had moments that are going to be stuck in my brain for a long time and this issue did the same thing.
    Ever-changing Pulls
    DC - Batman, Aquaman, JL, JLD, JLA, Flash, Constantine, Supes Unchaned, Swampy, Wake
    Image - Saga
    Dark Horse - Star Wars

God I just love the dialogue in this comic. Screw it, I love everything about it! This book easily jumped to my most anticipated comic of the month.
    Last edited by Darknet; 04-12-2012 at 12:05 AM.

And Alana is hardcore! Even the Stalk was surprised. Stalk was SO AWESOME! As soon as I saw her, I pretty much thought "oh, she's a torso... explains the name" and then the spider eyes made me realize she's probably hiding a spider-body too... but the eight leg-hands were still surprising. (Even though they were on the cover.) Just great, great design work there. Coolest spidery-person I've ever seen. Their reaction to meeting her was great, too. Hell, EVERY character interaction basically made me grin my ass off.

And the Horrors were a great reveal, can't wait for next issue!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Yeah I had to double take on nearly every Stalk panel. Marko story was saddening, and the Horrors look straight creepy, was not expecting that.

Colour me stoked, can't wait for #3.

Any of you guys fill out the survey in the back? Questions were hilarious.

Pretty good second issue, although the last page threw me for a start. Seemed a bit incongruous but we'll keep an eye on where it goes. The characters have stong voices already and between Staples and BKV they're doing some very cogent worldbuilding. I'll be sticking with it for the forseeable future.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

This issue was great! I love the writing and character designs in this series. The only thing that sort of rubs me wrong is the fact that each alien has the same voice. They all seem to talk the same way. I think it would be more realistic if each species sort of had their own voices or dialectic mannerisms. That's just a minor detail but whenever I see a new alien, I read its dialogue the same as I'm reading other dialogue. There needs to be some sort of differential.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    This issue was great! I love the writing and character designs in this series. The only thing that sort of rubs me wrong is the fact that each alien has the same voice. They all seem to talk the same way. I think it would be more realistic if each species sort of had their own voices or dialectic mannerisms. That's just a minor detail but whenever I see a new alien, I read its dialogue the same as I'm reading other dialogue. There needs to be some sort of differential.
    The robot people have a different font, so it's obviously something they've at least thought about.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Well, got to pick up Chapter 2 today. Looks like I have to wait until the third printing to get #1. Amazing art, I tried not to look at any dialogue so I didn't spoil it. I am so excited to get this series. It is just so cool.

I am getting murdered by these printing dates. I have the patience to wait though, hopefully the buzz dies down soon and I can get them on time. Missed out on Manhattan Project #2 this week.

How does an LCS determine who gets the comics and who does't if they don't have enough? Alphabetically?
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Well, got to pick up Chapter 2 today. Looks like I have to wait until the third printing to get #1. Amazing art, I tried not to look at any dialogue so I didn't spoil it. I am so excited to get this series. It is just so cool.

I am getting murdered by these printing dates. I have the patience to wait though, hopefully the buzz dies down soon and I can get them on time. Missed out on Manhattan Project #2 this week.

How does an LCS determine who gets the comics and who does't if they don't have enough? Alphabetically?
    I don't believe that Manhattan Projects #2 came out this week so you are OK there. In terms of who gets a copy from your LCS:

They will typically order as many issues by their FOC date (not sure what that stands for but it's the cut off date for the retailer to order through Diamond and is around 6 or 8 weeks before the issue comes out) as they have customers who have asked for it plus whatever they think they can sell off their shelves. So if you put it on your pull list before the FOC date you should be guaranteed a copy. If not than it's first come first serve.

So let's say that 20 people put it on their pull list by the FOC date and your LCS thinks they can sell another 15 copies off the shelf. So they order 35 copies. Then between the time they order and the time they get the issue another 10 people put it on their pull list. That comes out of the 15 shelf copies leaving only 5 that will be on the shelf for other customers.

But instead let's say that 25 people ask for it on their pull list between the FOC and the day it arrives. Typically the first 15 who asked for it will get copies and then the other 10 will have to wait on there will be no copies on the shelf.

Of course this can vary by store. The LCS might give the 15 extra issues to their best customers. At my LCS I'm one of their top spenders and I pick up my comics every week (so they don't have a pull box full of comics they are holding but not getting paid on) so I often get priority if there is a conflict.

**Note - I'm not sure the FOC is the right abbreviation for that date but hopefully my explanation of the concept makes sense.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I don't believe that Manhattan Projects #2 came out this week so you are OK there. In terms of who gets a copy from your LCS:

They will typically order as many issues by their FOC date (not sure what that stands for but it's the cut off date for the retailer to order through Diamond and is around 6 or 8 weeks before the issue comes out) as they have customers who have asked for it plus whatever they think they can sell off their shelves. So if you put it on your pull list before the FOC date you should be guaranteed a copy. If not than it's first come first serve.

So let's say that 20 people put it on their pull list by the FOC date and your LCS thinks they can sell another 15 copies off the shelf. So they order 35 copies. Then between the time they order and the time they get the issue another 10 people put it on their pull list. That comes out of the 15 shelf copies leaving only 5 that will be on the shelf for other customers.

But instead let's say that 25 people ask for it on their pull list between the FOC and the day it arrives. Typically the first 15 who asked for it will get copies and then the other 10 will have to wait on there will be no copies on the shelf.

Of course this can vary by store. The LCS might give the 15 extra issues to their best customers. At my LCS I'm one of their top spenders and I pick up my comics every week (so they don't have a pull box full of comics they are holding but not getting paid on) so I often get priority if there is a conflict.

**Note - I'm not sure the FOC is the right abbreviation for that date but hopefully my explanation of the concept makes sense.
    Ahh. I see. Also yea, the Manhattan Projects #2 comes out next week, I think the second print of #1 came out yesterday on something.

Anyway, that's fine. I guess by like June I'll start getting stuff on time. I don't mind. By that time my LCS should know me well enough and my pull list will be old enough to start getting some good stuff. Gotta to wait long enough to get on the cycle.

Also, FOC means "Final Order Cut-off" I think.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Started reading the second issue and couldnt remember the first issue... So i picked up issue 1 and re-read it before reading 2.... I WANT 3.

Im completely sold on this book

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Midtown comics had copies of #1 first print online the other day. I ordered mine and it was shipped today.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Midtown comics had copies of #1 first print online the other day. I ordered mine and it was shipped today.
    Unfortunately I can't order online. I should probably just go to another store and see if they have any but hey, no big deal. I'm kind of in a funk right now with a lot of series so it's alright.

Midtown definately has some cool stuff on their site though. They have so much stuff on their site that it doesnt even make sense. The store must be like warehouse sized to have all that stuff. It seems like they single-handedly buy 90% of the comics printed.

Just read the first two issues and I really love it. The world seems so strange yet I really want to learn more about it and then the actual story is great. I really like the narration done by the child. At times it almost doesnt feel like narration but almost her thoughts as the baby. The stalk looked really cool also when she showed her legs. And Im very interested to see what happens with the horrors now. Cant wait for the next issue.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development