Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saga #2

Yeah, The Stalk was pretty amazing; that multi-page, body-part-by-body-part reveal was almost as impressive to me as the big two-page splash of the battle in chapter 1. Incidentally, I also like that her hair doesn't *completely* cover her nipples, if only for the fact hair almost always covers nipples in such reveals. Perhaps this is emblematic of the style of this book -- sometimes perverse and shocking, but with a kind of imperfect modesty.

On another note, the world-building is among the best I've seen. I'm new to comics (been reading them for about a year now), but I'm an old hand at science fiction and fantasy, and I can say that I rarely see in good prose SF/F such colorful, varied, and fascinating world-building accomplished so deftly and with such perfect balance of accessibility and complexity.

Only two issues in, and this has a very good chance of becoming one of my all-time favorite works of literature, regardless of medium.

2 issues in and Imo not convinced its as good as every1 is making out, Imo more impressed with the dialogue and the relationship between the 2 main leads, apart from that there not been any great revelations or cliffhangers, good but nothing outstanding!

I can concur with the majority that this is an epic book, when i read #1 i was thinking it may be that type that has a fantastic first issue as it was so big but become average. This i snot the case, issue 2 is just as good as one and i love this comic.

Can anyone make some cool Saga avatars for the forum?

I haven't seen many, if any!
    Last edited by Marc; 04-26-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Bump.

I tried to make some avatars and failed really bad. Anyone want to give it a shot? I want to change mine really bad.

To stimulate so conversation....

Where do you think the book will go after the reveal of the Horrors? I'm really intrigued as to where they will take this. I loved the character design of the Horrors though. It was awesome.

Did anyone get the C2E2 variant cover I've seen floating around on eBay? They are getting about $150 an issue. Really sweet art though. Way overpriced.

Am I the one who likes The Will more after every time I see him? He just seems like a boss. He seems so calm. I would love it if he became their friend and helped fight other freelancers.
    Last edited by Marc; 05-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Between this book,Secret,and Fatale,Image is realling stepping it up.I agree with most of the comments.This is a really fun book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Am I the one who likes The Will more after every time I see him? He just seems like a boss. He seems so calm. I would love it if he became their friend and helped fight other freelancers.
    I've wondered the same thing. I get a bit of a Han Solo vibe from him.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    I've wondered the same thing. I get a bit of a Han Solo vibe from him.

I do too. ESP with his own animal sidekick, like Chewie and Han. If they work together is would be the coolest thing ever.

Between this forum and reading the reviews I decided to pick up issues 1 and 2. I'm stunned by the story. Amazing, truly amazing. Issue 3 can't come fast enough.

shouldn't issue 3 of this come up this week (and issue 4 of Thief of thieves) :/

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    shouldn't issue 3 of this come up this week (and issue 4 of Thief of thieves) :/
    Saga #3 is scheduled for next week. Thief of Thieves #4 should be out for most of the country except the West Coast (meaning me unfortunately) because of a shipping problem.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Holy crap BKV and Fiona Staples are on fire with Saga. Ex Machina kinda fizzled out at the end imo so I was hoping for a glorious return to form and hot damn if he didnt deliver.
    This might be the craziest most awesome sci fi idea to come down the line in a while. With this, American Vampire, Fatale, and a new Frank Quietly series starting in September I might be more excited about these comics then most of the big superhero comics.
    "...The measure of a man is not in what he says, but what he does."

First off I'm newly back into comics since the early 90s when my roomates and I would buy quite a bit of them while stationed in Germany and then pass them around, and now I've discovered Comixology and CBR. So I'm loving Saga so far and definitely on of my favorite reads right now. Well lets talk about The Stalk, does anyone else think she is modeled after Angelina Jolie? Her face totally looks like her to me, well minus the many sets of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanvk View Post
    First off I'm newly back into comics since the early 90s when my roomates and I would buy quite a bit of them while stationed in Germany and then pass them around, and now I've discovered Comixology and CBR. So I'm loving Saga so far and definitely on of my favorite reads right now. Well lets talk about The Stalk, does anyone else think she is modeled after Angelina Jolie? Her face totally looks like her to me, well minus the many sets of eyes.
    Well, short of sustained serial adoption, an egg sac is probably the easiest way to acquire a Jolie-sized brood. That said, though, it would be hard to say which of the two has more realistic proportions.