Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saga #2

Default Saga #2

Gosh, go pick this up (and a reprint of #1 if you haven't read it yet). This just gets better and better. This comic has everything...story, world building, characters, great art, etc. Just wait 'til you see the Stalk!

I actually went into #2 hoping it would be terrible so that I could pick up some other books next month that I was on the fence about. Even going in not wanting to like it, it won me over. Amazing issue and now I know I am in for the long haul with this book. Fiona Staples art is amazing and BKV's writing is top notch. I actually really enjoy all of the main players in this series so far and that is really something special to me.
    Ever-changing Pulls
    DC - Batman, Aquaman, JL, JLD, JLA, Flash, Constantine, Supes Unchaned, Swampy, Wake
    Image - Saga
    Dark Horse - Star Wars

This (along with issue #1) couldn't show up in my mailbox fast enough!
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Yeah, I know what you mean RedRocker! I really didn't want to even pick up #1, but it got good reviews and was 44 pages of story so I tried it out. This will probably be the first thing I read going forward when I get my monthly order...it's that good. Everyone should at least try it out.

There will be one new think haunting my dreams with every issue.

And that's a good thing.

That Stalk was... something else.

Great issue, again. I suspect I'll be saying that month in month out.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

The second issue definitely solidified my opinion on the book. Good stuff. The first issue was like a blast in the face. Surprising and weird. Second issue gives you a better understanding of what he's doing I think. I reviewed it with pictures here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-weekly-41112/

Went by far, far, too quickly.

Need #3, badly.

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    That Stalk was... something else.....Great issue, again. I suspect I'll be saying that month in month out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Went by far, far, too quickly.....Need #3, badly.
    Agreed & Ditto.....AWESOME issue!! I'm a fan for life, this is the best new "universe" going at the moment!! The Stalk....say no more! Vaughan is great, Staples is phenomenal!
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by groovemachine View Post
    Just wait 'til you see the Stalk!
    so creepy! wasn't expecting that at all.

i'm loving this book.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

The Stalk's first appearance is easily the most stunning page I've seen in weeks, a fashion spread for surrealists, an inspired mixture of salaciousness and Victorian reserve, but the surprising character details revealed over the next few pages may be even better. What a relief to find a fantasy narrative that manages to be perverse in a way that seems neither boring nor accidental.

Something about the Stalk reminded me of The Dark Tower.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I think Thief of Thieves is one of the better new series to come of Image lately.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Couldn't get my copy this week, every single issue my LCS received were incredibly damaged.

I really hope they pulled both the second print of #1 and #2 today. So pumped to start reading them this weekend.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing