Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    That is bad? I know read and speak english, but not 100%, im chilean
    Its ok but needs work. I can understand what you are saying though so you are fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vmenge View Post
    Did anyone at Marvel ever reference this? Because I'm pretty sure it is just different artists and their renditions...
    I am known to be wrong though, frequently
    The blue eyes have been referenced. The original Gwen undoubtedly had hazel eyes the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Its ok but needs work. I can understand what you are saying though so you are fine.
    I understand English, but want learn in some school or foreign exchange in usa

Did anyone at Marvel ever reference this? Because I'm pretty sure it is just different artists and their renditions...
    They said it was after Gwen-Carnage that her eye color changed
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Axel Alonso already said there wouldn't be a reboot. The Marvel isn't broken like DC which already had to reboot 3 times.
    DC hasn't done reboots, simply twice they made a big relaunch for majority of their titles, while Marvel does constant relaunches all the time, not 1 massive every now and then. Get your facts straight, kid.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Gwen II is a clone of the original Gwen with currently only Gwen's DNA.

Originally she had hazel eyes, but because of a coloring mistake her clone got blue eyes. It seems Bendis must have liked it because he kept it.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-13-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    DC hasn't done reboots, simply twice they made a big relaunch for majority of their titles, while Marvel does constant relaunches all the time, not 1 massive every now and then. Get your facts straight, kid.
    DC hasn't done reboots? How about the original reinvention of the superhero, when they created new versions of Flash and Green Lantern? Then, of course, there's Crisis on Infinite Earths, which killed the multiverse and recreated history. Then Infinite Crisis changed things all over again. Then 52 put the multiverse back. And, of course, there's the New 52 reboot. And let's not forget the individual franchise reboots that they've done, like the several Superman origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Gwen II is a clone of Gwen with currently only Gwen's DNA.
    Exactly. With the exception of the blue eyes - which possibly started from a coloring error (and characters eyes change all the time) - Gwen is still the exact same person. She's just in a different body, which also happens to be exactly the same as it was before. There's nothing different about her, on a mental or physical level.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    DC hasn't done reboots? How about the original reinvention of the superhero, when they created new versions of Flash and Green Lantern? Then, of course, there's Crisis on Infinite Earths, which killed the multiverse and recreated history. Then Infinite Crisis changed things all over again. Then 52 put the multiverse back. And, of course, there's the New 52 reboot. And let's not forget the individual franchise reboots that they've done, like the several Superman origins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    See, Drz? Reboots. Get your facts right, jerk.

Exactly. With the exception of the blue eyes - which possibly started from a coloring error (and characters eyes change all the time) - Gwen is still the exact same person. She's just in a different body, which also happens to be exactly the same as it was before. There's nothing different about her, on a mental or physical level.
    That's not entirely true. Gwen II has DNA from her partial contributors: Curt Connors, Gwen Stacy, and Peter Parker. This was due to her originally being bonded to the Carnage symbiote, created by Connors. When the symbiote was taken from her it merely left her but her clone make up was already altered, so in a way she is Peter's sister/clone. Source: Ultimate Secrets Handbook (2008).

Tony saying she is 100% Gwen could simply be a hyperbole. Remember Bendis is prone to contradicting his own continuity, like he did with Peter's parents' death in Origins #4 despite there being evidence it happened otherwise in USM #33 and #100.
    Last edited by MrV; 04-13-2012 at 08:29 AM.

That's not entirely true. Gwen II has DNA from her partial contributors: Curt Connors, Gwen Stacy, and Peter Parker. This was due to her originally being bonded to the Carnage symbiote, created by Connors. When the symbiote was taken from her it merely left her but her clone make up was already altered, so in a way she is Peter's sister/clone. Source: Ultimate Secrets Handbook (2008).

Tony saying she is 100% Gwen could simply be a hyperbole. Remember Bendis is prone to contradicting his own continuity, like he did with Peter's parents' death in Origins #4 despite there being evidence it happened otherwise in USM #33 and #100.
    But Bendis didn't write the Ultimate Secrets Handbook, which means it could also be a mistake by the writers of the handbook. This wouldn't be the first time a Marvel handbook has a mistake in it.

Quick question if the Venom Suit is based off of Peter's Father's DNA and Carnage which is not a Suit like Venom is based off of the Suit's DNA and Peter's DNA then Gwen at some cell level most share a common strain
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    But Bendis didn't write the Ultimate Secrets Handbook, which means it could also be a mistake by the writers of the handbook. This wouldn't be the first time a Marvel handbook has a mistake in it.
    The handbooks are commissioned by editorial, they are the ones with the final word. Remember what happened to Ultimate Doom's satyr legs? It was them who ordered Millar to get rid of them.

A few months back a post confirmed this as valid, I think in that thread about Utimate Marvel Team-Up being canon (one by Plawsky and one by me). And like sage6pths mentioned, they have to share a common strain due to the suit's origins.
    Last edited by MrV; 04-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.

You can't even defend your own views withouth resulting into downright insults towards others. Why can't you do a single little wikipedia research or admit on being wrong? Is it too much for you to face the facts so you have to insult others behind the computer screen? Heh.

DC hasn't done reboots?
    Relaunches, but majority here just claim they're full reboots, but at the end of the day don't seem to neither bother to wikipedia or talk what they know.

How about the original reinvention of the superhero, when they created new versions of Flash and Green Lantern?
    When has that been considered a reboot? Is Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man a reboot then? Who here would ever consider bringing a new titular character as a reboot? Was Batman Reborn a reboot status quo by your remarks too?

And, of course, there's the New 52 reboot.
    Having characters like Pandora create new timelines only means the past timelines are well, alternate timelines as much as the new ones can be considered alternate. Neither is Superboy punching walls or Anti-Monitor destroying universes. I mean, are the Fantastic Four or all time travel/alternate universe stories now reboots too? House of Mutants for example?
    And let's not forget the individual franchise reboots that they've done, like the several Superman origins.
    Why would we consider Superman's origin stories a reboot, when Greg Rucka's Punisher relaunch is being treated as it is: a Relaunch, despite completely changing the character's continuity for, well for the very first time as far as i know. Also Plawksy, don't defend MrV, It's not helping him. Let him stand for himself. He needs to learn these things, please do this favor to me.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by KryptKeeper View Post
    And just to add to your post Drz, I think May and Gwen need to see 616 Peter to finally move on. While it's not the exact same Peter they knew, he's still very similar which they'll realize upon meeting him. It'll be nice for them to know that there's a Peter out there that really has lived up to the potential that his Ultimate incarnation didn't have the time to accomplish, he became a scientist and grew up to become one of the greatest heroes that universe knows. He's still respected but he still maintains the same sense of humor that he had as a teenager. I think they need that, just to know what would have happened if he did get the chance to grow up. It's like one of those "if you love it you have to set it free" type situations. After getting to meet him, they'll watch him leave and it'll be hard, but they'll get some real closure. I'm actually starting to dig this 616-Ultimate crossover if only for this reason. Running away to Paris was one of the most ridiculous ways to handle Peter's death. If 616 Pete helps and gives Miles his blessing to continue to be Spider-Man (which he inevitably will), that should give Gwen and May motivation to help Miles out. It'd be a nice way to move the story forward. That said, I still don't want Gwen or May coming into Miles' live too often.
    Gwen and May left for Paris because the paparazzi kept bothering them, not run away from Peter's death. They seem to have been doing well in Paris too, judging by their recent appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yup! if anything, DC does relaunches and reboots more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I agree 1000000% with what you said (except the temporarily alive part).

I hope that when the bring Peter back (if they do, that is...) that it's done tastefully (I'm looking at you Mephisto...) and with and interesting and entertaining story.

As I've said before, I think Miles is a great character and I would read the crap out of him iIF he hadn't been made into a new Spider-Man. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. With Pete's death, Miles could still use Peter as his "mentor" but with his own super hero alter instead of just picking up the mantle.

No, killing Peter was the best way to introduce Miles.

Besides, if you want o read a book with Peter Parker, there are like 20 books with Peter. So what's your issue?

And hopefully they will not bring back Ultimate Peter, since there is no need to bring him back. Especially since the dead tend to stay dead in the Ultimate U.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 04-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post

No, killing Peter was the best way to introduce Miles.

Besides, if you want o read a book with Peter Parker, there are like 20 books with Peter. So what's your issue?

And hopefully they will not bring back Ultimate Peter, since there is no need to bring him back. Especially since the dead tend to stay dead in the Ultimate U.
    Well you know as well as I do that although Peter Parker is in 20 books, i'ts not the same character as Ultimate Pete. It's not in the same universe, not the same Status Quo, not the same friends, interactions, etc. It's completely different.

The Amazing Spider-Man Panel:
    Now up: June's Spider-Men, which is, as announced earlier this week, "the beginning of Spider-Man's 50th anniversary" that brings Peter Parker from the Marvel Universe and Miles Morales from the Ultimate Universe together for the first time.

"We're breaking down that wall between the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe, and we're not doing it lightly," Alonso says.

"You can imagine how mind-bending it would be to encounter Peter Parker from another universe, and to discover there is another universe out there," Alonso says of the effect Spider-Men will have on Miles Morales.

Ultimate Gwen Stacy plays a role in the story, and there's a "major revelation about a major character in the Spider-Man mythos" during the series.

"Not an imaginary story, no one's getting bumped in the head at the end of this," Singh adds. "And it begs the question, will we do it again?" Alonso asks.
    My Blog