Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    That DNA mixture somehow resulted in her facial features changing. The original Gwen had an arched nose and hazel eyes, while her clone has a pointier nose and blue eyes.
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    For one thing, I do find it odd how people cling to a statement made by one guy, one guy who has had pretty much every other one of his opinions criticized and argued by fans. I mean, it was his opinion. It doesn't make it gospel truth. If people put that much stock into what Quesada thinks is best for the characters, then I'm pretty sure One More Day would be celebrated. And we all know how that went.

And while I think there's a lot of ways it could be a gimmick or whatever, particularly in the earlier days of the Ultimate U, there IS an actual story here and an idea. It's not just having the two universes meet and fight and then team up. The idea of Miles meeting an older version of the guy he blames himself for not saving....there's a story there. There's character development there. That being the heart of the story makes it more than just seeing Ultimate Wolverine and 616 Wolverine beat each other up.

As for people complaining about there suddenly being a crossover or "unrealistic" elements in this idea...well, we've had them cross over with the Squadron Supreme universe and there was the Zombie-verse thing. I mean, we've had alternate universe stories in the Ultimate U before and I don't really see how this is all that different, aside from it being...well...bigger. But the idea of those two characters meeting...to me, there's a lot of story potential there. Then again, I don't usually have the patented internet fan cynicism. I like comics. Comics have crossovers. Spider-Man teaming up with Superman back in the day didn't ruin 616 Spider-Man for me. The Squadron Supreme hauling Nick Fury away didn't ruin the Ultimate U for me. This type of thing happens all the time in comics. This time, I feel, there's at least a very interesting idea behind it, you know?
    Quoting this for truth. I now take back what I said before in this thread. Them running out of ideas if this happened probably was just his opinion and not some kind of official rule and worse things have happened in comics editorial wise.

Also, I'm very excited to see the interaction between 616 Pete and Ultimate May and Gwen will definitely be worth seeing. Although at the same time it also could not. Ultimate May isn't the same as 616 Aunt May and Ultimate Gwen obviously isn't the same person as 616 Gwen. They've both gone through very different things in their universes and thus it wouldn't be the same if May and Gwen got to meet 616 Peter because he's not their Peter.Bu, either way, it's gonna have a huge emotional impact on everyone involved.
    Last edited by Havok C.; 04-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    You know what I got out of that? "We can say and do anything we want, even if they contradict each other, because we're the creators and you're the opinion-filled-yet-powerless consumer."
    Of course they can say whatever the they want, they don't have a contract or a code of silence, yes they can contradict each other because other people have different ideas. Paul Levitz at DC was againts so many things Dan Didio & Jim lee are now finally doing, Alex Alonso clearly feels different and even Quesada has given his thumbs up for this particular story. Also you're not a powerless consumer, want to make a difference? Vote with your money.

PS. Time to start reading more DC comics.

Or, in lamans terms: "Ultimate Peter Parker will be back one day"

Hey, Wolverine12, guess what? Ultimate Wolverine will be resurrected. Great news, right?
    Stop being a whiner Balfro, we've been together so much! We've struggled thru Parker-death whine and rants, we've struggled thru Miles Morales race introduction, we've struggled so much! But i won't give up on you! OUR LOVE IS STRONGER THAN THAT.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vmenge View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes, I'm serious. Check out Ultimate Spider-Man #41, which shows the original Gwen and you can see the shape of her nose and her hazel eyes up close. Then check out any recent issue the Gwen clone has appeared in and her distinct blue eyes.
    Last edited by MrV; 04-12-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Yeah, I can't even imagine what it will be like to see a successful, adult Peter. Probably heartbreaking. I'm also interested to see Peter's reaction not only to Gwen, but to punk rock Gwen.

In all honesty I don't want May or Gwen to see Grown-up Peter. First of all, they have been through so much heart-break. Do you honestly think its a good idea to shove an alive Peter in their face? Why not throw some salt on their wounds while you're at it. Secondly, he's not THEIR Peter. He's a Peter Parker that lived an entirely different life. He may share the same name but he's a completely different person. Same goes in reverse: Gwen is not "Gwen". This one was never even hurtled off of a bridge.

Also are Peter and MJ still un-married?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Yeah. I'm actually really excited for them meeting adult Peter. He's literally the same character but older.

MJ has been written actually incredibly well since OMIT. Too bad JMS has become another DC asshole.
    Last edited by wyokid; 04-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Also, this isn't the first time that the UU has been aware of 616. Reed once said that he's seen every possible reality and that his son, Franklin, was in most of them. So Reed has at least seen 616 before.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Also, this isn't the first time that the UU has been aware of 616. Reed once said that he's seen every possible reality and that his son, Franklin, was in most of them. So Reed has at least seen 616 before.
    616 has made SEVERAL references to Ultimate. Avengers had an actual panel from The Ultimates and in Slott's She-Hulk Jennifer convinced The Living Tribunal not to destroy the Ultimate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    616 has made SEVERAL references to Ultimate. Avengers had an actual panel from The Ultimates and in Slott's She-Hulk Jennifer convinced The Living Tribunal not to destroy the Ultimate universe.
    Sweet :D did she actually call it that?

Elder Member

Gimme a couple of minutes and I'll find my copy.

Elder Member

So I got some of the details wrong, either way it was brought up.

Stupid She-Hulk. So it's her fault 616 and 1610 are crossing over. If she had let the Living Tribunal do its thing 1610 would have replaced 616 and then a cross over would have been impossible...

In all honesty I don't want May or Gwen to see Grown-up Peter. First of all, they have been through so much heart-break. Do you honestly think its a good idea to shove an alive Peter in their face? Why not throw some salt on their wounds while you're at it. Secondly, he's not THEIR Peter. He's a Peter Parker that lived an entirely different life. He may share the same name but he's a completely different person. Same goes in reverse: Gwen is not "Gwen". This one was never even hurtled off of a bridge.
    But you liked how Sam Humphries called Ultimate Marvel the "HBO of Marvel" where things go bold, emotional and human. This is exactly what you're getting. Secondly, they know it's not their Peter, but the love, passion and friendship is still there, it's how Wolverine feels right now with teaming up with AoA Nightcrawler, it really lets his guard down.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

New details of Mark Bagley, Gwen and Aunt May of Earth-1610 will have an important role, and Peter will be in Ultimate Universe, Miles, who know

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57765

"Timing was just right. There's only one 50th Anniversary for Spider-Man." So far, all we really know is that it will be Peter who ends up in the Ultimate reality. As for whether Miles will visit the 616 universe, he remained coy. "You'll have to read to find out." Marvel earlier revealed that the Ultimate versions of Aunt May and Gwen Stacy would have a role in the limited series, to which Paniccia added: "As you might guess, this is a story that's filled to the brim with poignancy for our cast. This will definitely impact May and Gwen. I think one of the best ways to answer that question is asking yourself how you would feel in a situation like that? And Brian pulls it off magnificently with heart and soul. This will have resonance. You can't expect that everything will be tucked away nicely."

I hope that mj will do an appareance and also the cast of US

Last edited by Omnihallows; 04-12-2012 at 02:04 PM.