Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wonder, if Joe Q can change his mind about his philosophy in crossovers, does this mean it's not impossible to rule out that one day down the line they could change their minds about character resurrections in the UU?
    Joe Q didn't make the decision Axel Alonso did.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Joe Q didn't make the decision Axel Alonso did.
    Quesada suggested it.

Ultimate fan for life TheUltimates09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Dear Lord I've become one of the haters So this is what it's like on the other side. I'm cold and frightened
    ha

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    INTERVIEW: SPIDER-MEN Editor

Repercussions for this O.O

Joe Quesada on his rule.

As many problems as I have with the man, he is right.
    You know what I got out of that? "We can say and do anything we want, even if they contradict each other, because we're the creators and you're the opinion-filled-yet-powerless consumer."

Or, in lamans terms: "Ultimate Peter Parker will be back one day"

Hey, Wolverine12, guess what? Ultimate Wolverine will be resurrected. Great news, right?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

You know what I got out of that? "We can say and do anything we want, even if they contradict each other, because we're the creators and you're the opinion-filled-yet-powerless consumer."

Hey, Wolverine12, guess what? Ultimate Wolverine will be resurrected. Great news, right?
    Man, you have turned into a hater

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Man, you have turned into a hater
    Quick, wyo!

Tie him down and feed him stale Oreos!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Quick, wyo!

Tie him down and feed him stale Oreos!
    Does wherf fur phem? *gulp* Those were for him?

I see a lot of people drinking from these bottles in this thread, and I'm taking a big swig myself. On the plus side this definitively proves that any "rule" can be broken in the UU. Which includes the dead means dead rule. I would argue that most of us here on the boards were aware that the UU had 2 rules that set it apart from 616. 1) It doesn't cross over with 616 2) Dead means dead.

While we could argue that dead means dead has been broken several times I'm actually kind of surprised to see Marvel break this one, especially right now. 616 Pete meeting Miles doesn't hold a lot of interest for me because I still don't really know if I even like Miles. I certainly don't read 616 Pete with any regularity, so where's the draw for me personally?

I will say that this is a brilliant business decision by Marvel though. It's the 50th anniversary, we've got the new movie coming out and Miles still has a lot of buzz (for a comic character in an alternate universe). To not capitalize on this situation would've been a big mistake. That being said I think a lot of "hardcore" comic fans are gonna cry foul and say it's all a money grab, which it is.

Worst part is, I'm still gonna buy it.

@Balfro, it's only a matter of time my friend.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Jeez, it sure hard to be a creator/editor these days. You can't say anything, whether on your own Twitter or in a press release, because every tool and their dog start whining about it like the world just ended. And don't you even try to defend yourself, because you can't just win with said tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    So hang on... the second part to Ultimate War (return of the king), started release BEFORE Ultimate War finished?

That's TERRIBLE publishing on Marvel's part if so.
    Have you actually read Return Of The King? #26 is a prelude and is set mostly in the past. Then War #1-2 came out in which Magneto's attacks started. Then you have #27, which mostly focuses on other characters and features no X-Men. Then you have rest of War, and then #28 that came out on the same day as War #4 and continues X-Men's story from War.

For one thing, I do find it odd how people cling to a statement made by one guy, one guy who has had pretty much every other one of his opinions criticized and argued by fans. I mean, it was his opinion. It doesn't make it gospel truth. If people put that much stock into what Quesada thinks is best for the characters, then I'm pretty sure One More Day would be celebrated. And we all know how that went.

And while I think there's a lot of ways it could be a gimmick or whatever, particularly in the earlier days of the Ultimate U, there IS an actual story here and an idea. It's not just having the two universes meet and fight and then team up. The idea of Miles meeting an older version of the guy he blames himself for not saving....there's a story there. There's character development there. That being the heart of the story makes it more than just seeing Ultimate Wolverine and 616 Wolverine beat each other up.

As for people complaining about there suddenly being a crossover or "unrealistic" elements in this idea...well, we've had them cross over with the Squadron Supreme universe and there was the Zombie-verse thing. I mean, we've had alternate universe stories in the Ultimate U before and I don't really see how this is all that different, aside from it being...well...bigger. But the idea of those two characters meeting...to me, there's a lot of story potential there. Then again, I don't usually have the patented internet fan cynicism. I like comics. Comics have crossovers. Spider-Man teaming up with Superman back in the day didn't ruin 616 Spider-Man for me. The Squadron Supreme hauling Nick Fury away didn't ruin the Ultimate U for me. This type of thing happens all the time in comics. This time, I feel, there's at least a very interesting idea behind it, you know?

On Vacation

I had a funny thought what if Spider-Men was about Marvel Zombies? Ultimate Marvel Zombies. We have had 616 Marvel zombies so why not Ultimate Marvel. 616 Peter Parker goes into another dimension thinking its the Ultimate Universe only to team up with Miles to kill all the zombies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I had a funny thought what if Spider-Men was about Marvel Zombies? Ultimate Marvel Zombies. We have had 616 Marvel zombies so why not Ultimate Marvel. 616 Peter Parker goes into another dimension thinking its the Ultimate Universe only to team up with Miles to kill all the zombies.
    The original Marvel Zombies were not Earth-616, they were Earth-2149. If they had been from 616 then mainstream Marvel would have ended long ago.

From the sound of it Peter Parker from Earth-616 is crossing over into the Earth-1610. It would be a huge story for Aunt May and Gwen getting to see Peter grown up. To hear about the life their Peter could have had.
    Everyone keeps talking about Miles what about Aunt May and Gwen
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    From the sound of it Peter Parker from Earth-616 is crossing over into the Earth-1610. It would be a huge story for Aunt May and Gwen getting to see Peter grown up. To hear about the life their Peter could have had.
    Everyone keeps talking about Miles what about Aunt May and Gwen
    And on the other side, it's going to be huge for Peter to see Gwen alive again. There's a lot of great potential for character interactions here.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    And on the other side, it's going to be huge for Peter to see Gwen alive again. There's a lot of great potential for character interactions here.
    Not really Gwen but Gwen Stacy II. There are differences between the original Gwen who did die and her clone.

One key difference most forget, that made the romantic relationship between Ultimate Peter and her an abomination, is that practically Gwen Stacy II is a partial clone of Peter Parker = his sister in a sense. The current Gwen who is alive has DNA from Curt Connors and Peter.

That DNA mixture somehow resulted in her facial features changing. The original Gwen had an arched nose and hazel eyes, while her clone has a pointier nose and blue eyes.

Anyhow, I do agree seeing Earth-616 Peter's interaction with Earth-1610 May and Gwen II will be worth the $4.