Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Mark Bagley's custom comic shop variant cover (Sorry if this was posted already)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	91556

Why is Peter trying to scare Miles lol. =p
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

That is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Bendis (via Twitter):

"One last note on spider-men. I said ultimate Pete was gone and he is. If we ever bring him back it means we are out of ideas :)"

So they just keep changing the element that decides whether or not they have run out of ideas... So if they ever do bring Peter back to life and the fans say "Hey, that means you guys ran ouf of ideas" they'll just say "Oh? Well then if we ever have Miles age then we've officially run out of ideas..." yeesh.

Wow, I've lost so much respect for the UU in one day it's not even funny...
    Ditto. This is pitiful, the UU was starting to finally become it's own place and they just bulldoze through it and for this? Some crappy mini? No way man, no freaking way.

"If we ever bring him back it means were out of ideas :)"

I'll bet Zauri's doing back flips right now.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

I will admit that that cover is awesome. Too bad it took a cross over to see Miles drawn by Bagley...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

We've seen Miles drawn by Bags before.

Image is huge

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    We've seen Miles drawn by Bags before.

Image is huge
    I mean the black and red costume.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Why is Peter trying to scare Miles lol. =p
    You gotta scare the newbie. While i think it's crap that they went back on their stance on never crossing marvel and ultimate, I still remain optimistic and check this out. I don't care about what some asshole CEO said. If it's good then nothing else matters.

At the very least the story takes place in the Ultimate Universe. That's at least a little better than Miles being brought to the Marvel Universe.

So now the Ulimate Universe has crossed-over with the Supremeverse, the Other Supremeverse, the Zombieverse, the Earth On Fire and the Marvel Universe. And if by some chance Shattered Dimensions is canon (at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it is); the 2099verse and the Noirverse.

Supremeverse was the best, so far.

"If we ever bring him back we're out of ideas"

They said the same thing about a 616/ Ultimate crossover... This irritates me, did Bendis deliberately use that phrase, or has he genuinely forgotten what Quesada said about a crossover?

GOD I hate being a hater like this, but I genuinely don't see the point here. Just feels like Marvel have mashed 2 characters together in the hope that fans of both books will buy it, and as long as Marvel's books are $3.99 for 20 pages, I won't be buying any of their gimmick comics. (BKV's Saga issue 1 was 44 pages for $2.99 with no adverts, I want more comics like that!)
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Elder Member

the Earth On Fire
    ????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post

They said the same thing about a 616/ Ultimate crossover... This irritates me, did Bendis deliberately use that phrase, or has he genuinely forgotten what Quesada said about a crossover?
    I'm pretty sure people on FB/Twitter have quoted Quesada, hence the word play.
    GOD I hate being a hater like this, but I genuinely don't see the point here. Just feels like Marvel have mashed 2 characters together in the hope that fans of both books will buy it, and as long as Marvel's books are $3.99 for 20 pages, I won't be buying any of their gimmick comics. (BKV's Saga issue 1 was 44 pages for $2.99 with no adverts, I want more comics like that!)
    Yep, best to vote with your money if you wish to make a stand.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    ????????????????????????????????
    Ultimate Armour Wars. TOny and Reed discovered an alternate earth entirely on fire. It;s where the anti-technology Tony head came from.

God I wish Warren Ellis wrote more Ultimate Marvel. The Galactus trilogy, Ultimate Human, and Armour Wars are definitely my favourite Ultimate books.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

"If we ever bring him back we're out of ideas"

I think bendis was throwing us a bone. He is bringing pete back. I really doubt he doesn't remember that (or been reminded).

Bendis (via Twitter):

"One last note on spider-men. I said ultimate Pete was gone and he is. If we ever bring him back it means we are out of ideas :)"

So they just keep changing the element that decides whether or not they have run out of ideas... So if they ever do bring Peter back to life and the fans say "Hey, that means you guys ran ouf of ideas" they'll just say "Oh? Well then if we ever have Miles age then we've officially run out of ideas..." yeesh.
    I think it was more a joke than a serious statement. Bendis is aware that they once said "it means we are out of ideas," so he's poking fun at that (and this is not a theory saying he's intentionally throwing out a red herring here, while actually bringing Ultimate Pete back in Spider-men).

To be honest, I've never understood the whole "ran out of ideas" thing. There have been a lot of things that many people could claim were creative bankruptcy (another term I'm not a huge fan of), even in the Ultimate Universe.

-Creating a new Universe by retelling Amazing Fantasy #15 in seven issues.
    -Recreating the Avengers by making them edgier.
    -Making the Fantastic Four in this new Universe younger.
    -Killing any character, including Peter Parker.
    -Killing 30 characters in one story as an attempt at a clean slate.

None of those things are particularly original or thought provoking as an idea. It's all in the execution of the idea. Millar's original Ultimates was essentially just another Avengers vs Skrulls story, yet most of us are huge fans of it. Bendis's Ultimate Spider-man is extremely well liked, despite the fact that he uses Norman Osborn as an ongoing villain through a majority of the series. This story rests completely upon how well Bendis executes it. While I'm enjoying USM right now, I think Spider-men has a chance to be my favorite Ultimate Spider-man story in years.

I also don't really see why multi-universe crossovers are such a bad thing. Despite not having a ton of substance, I thought Ultimate Power was really fun. Its consequences were never utilized much by Loeb, but that was his fault, it had nothing to do with the fact that it had been a crossover. And the Crisis on Multiple Earths stories are always a blast. Sure, this is a bit of a cash grab from Marvel, but no more than DoSM or even the creation of the Ultimate Universe.

If done right, I think this can be a really great story. Granted, the opposite is also true. If done wrong, this could really hurt Ultimate Spider-man.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others