Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post
    This is total bullshit.

I'll probably drop these two and just stick with Scarlet Spider.
    good choice! Check out venom as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I think the Oscorp spiders being involved was just a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37056
    CBR: All right. Well, on the actual fan questions front, SpiderX had this to say: "I also want to say keep up the great work to Bendis. I am loving this new Spider-man. I had actually stopped reading comics for a while and the Ultimate brand has brought me back especially Spider-Man! Oh and of course I can't forget your great creator owned book 'Scarlet.' My questions for Bendis are in regards to 'Ultimate Spider-Man.' After reading issue #1 we know the specimen 42 spider that bit Miles didn't die. Will that spider have some sort of impact on Miles' story in the future? I have a follow up question, too. Is the number 42 important or was it just coincidence/inside joke that the spider and Miles' lottery number both had 42 on them?"

Bendis: Hell yes it'll have an impact! Where are the other 41 spiders? Though the number was a bit of a joke as a "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" reference, and some people have been asking me if it's a reference to some ballplayer who's number is 42. I don't know. I'm so out of sports that I can't tell you who they were asking about. But it was fun to read the responses to 42. I've got to make a note to throw random numbers into a piece of fiction and see what people bring to it. [Laughter] But with the number itself, there's a reason the spider had a number on it.
    I think they will probably show up in Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man.

As much as I hated the idea of crossing over, the angle of Miles getting to meet a real life Peter Parker and how that affects him is an incredible story. I hadn't even considered that before. Peter walking into a world where he sees the influence "Spider-Man" can have is nearly as interesting. I just hope this doesn't set a precedent for crossovers.

P.S. I've been around a long time but I had to officially join the forums for the announcement of this book. Hello, everyone.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

So....considering that we're breaking the mini rule against Ultimate and 616 meeting inspired by Joe Q's quote years back, anyone think that years down the line that if Ultimate is still around that we'll see that 'dead means dead' 'rule' broken as well?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So....considering that we're breaking the mini rule against Ultimate and 616 meeting inspired by Joe Q's quote years back, anyone think that years down the line that if Ultimate is still around that we'll see that 'dead means dead' 'rule' broken as well?
    There is no rules in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think dead should mean dead. The trick here is to not kill characters you'll want to bring back if number start to dwindle (is USM starts to lose numbers, you bet your ass peter is coming back).

I like the fact that I miss Ultimate Peter Parker so much. It's the first time a death in comics really has gravity with me. Which also means I want him back. I do think however his death was unnecessary (regardless of how beautiful or heroic etc it may have been). I kinda feel he was killed for shock value, but done really well, almost as to negate the shock value effect.

It's one thing to kill an X-Men (beast, cyclops, wolverine etc) when it's a team book, especially with an x book where the roster is enormous. It means the book can carry on. But it's another to kill the title character and keep that book alive with someone else (imagine Daredevil comes back as some other guy - especially if you had had hundreds of comics for years where you built a relationship with the character AS daredevil and suddenly some other guy is him). At least Miles is a good character

That being said, I believe Peter is coming back somehow.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Xistel; 04-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Elder Member

I'm really excited for Peter coming into the Ultimate universe.

Bendis (via Twitter):

"One last note on spider-men. I said ultimate Pete was gone and he is. If we ever bring him back it means we are out of ideas :)"

So they just keep changing the element that decides whether or not they have run out of ideas... So if they ever do bring Peter back to life and the fans say "Hey, that means you guys ran ouf of ideas" they'll just say "Oh? Well then if we ever have Miles age then we've officially run out of ideas..." yeesh.

Wow, I've lost so much respect for the UU in one day it's not even funny...
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Bendis (via Twitter):

"One last note on spider-men. I said ultimate Pete was gone and he is. If we ever bring him back it means we are out of ideas :)"
    It kinda sounds like he is gonna bring him back. I read it with Bendis humor. He is (in my opinion) referencing to JQ "if we do a crossover, then we are out of ideas".

Well Balfro, you could always say if Peter Parker from alternate dimension would meet another version of himself, Joe Quesada would feel they've ran out of ideas, but Miles Morales and Peter Parker is a whole different story.

Don't worry however, you've been utterly disappointment before like how Millar's Ultimates 2 ended with Asgardians and you felt things had gone to sour, but you're still here! Still duking out money for Ultimate Marvel.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Official press release

This June, it’s time for Peter Parker, better known as the Amazing Spider-Man, to cross worlds and meet Miles Morales…the all-new Spider-Man? Marvel is proud to announce Spider-Men, an all-new five issue landmark story from award-winning author Brian Michael Bendis (Avengers VS. X-Men, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man), red-hot artist Sara Pichelli (Ultimate Comics Spider-Man) and acclaimed cover artist Jim Cheung (Avengers VS. X-Men), which brings Peter Parker and Miles Morales together for the first time. That’s right, the Spider-Man from two different realities—the Marvel Universe and Ultimate Comics Universe—bring their worlds together for a battle no one web-head could win!

When Spider-Man tracks down one of his deadliest villains, he suddenly finds himself thrust into another world where Peter Parker is dead…and there’s a new Spider-Man in town. As these two heroes learn the truth about their identities and their universes, they’ll embark on a journey that’ll leave them forever changed—and reveal a startling truth about a key player in the Spider-Man mythos!

"This year is the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man and we’re so happy that the stars aligned for us to tell a Spider-Man story that nobody has ever seen before," said Bendis. "It’s an honor and a privilege to present both this story and these characters to fans on such an auspicious occasion. The work Sara has done on Spider-Men is a step above the already high standard that she has set for herself on our Ultimate Comics Spider-Man series. For me, this is a celebration of the best character in mainstream comics and some of the best art mainstream comics has to offer."

Each issue of Spider-Men features variants covers by some of the biggest names in comics including Humberto Ramos (Amazing Spider-Man), Mike Deodato (New Avengers), Marcos Martin (Amazing Spider-Man), Terry Dodson (Avenging Spider-Man), Travis Charest (Captain America) and Sara Pichelli.

"Knowing how much Brian loves and respects Spider-Man, there’s no way I wouldn’t want to work on Spider-Men with him," said Sara Pichelli. "It’s going to be an explosive celebration of Spider-Man’s 50th anniversary—are you ready?"

In 1962’s Amazing Fantasy #15, the world first met Peter Parker and saw him become the hero Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe. Soon after, Spider-Man became a pop culture sensation, launching multiple television series, blockbuster films and some of the most popular comics of all time. Then in 2011, Marvel introduced Miles Morales, a new character of African American and Hispanic descent, who became Spider-Man in the Ultimate Comics Universe after that world’s Peter Parker perished.

"This is one of the biggest stories in Marvel history," said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. "Peter Parker and Miles Morales are two of our most popular characters and fans have been clamoring for them to meet—we’ve got quite a few surprises in store for both characters. This is only the beginning of how we’re celebrating Spider-Man’s spectacular 50th Anniversary."

This June, swing into action with world’s most amazing super heroes in Spider-Men #1

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Well Balfro, you could always say if Peter Parker from alternate dimension would meet another version of himself, Joe Quesada would feel they've ran out of ideas, but Miles Morales and Peter Parker is a whole different story.

Don't worry however, you've been utterly disappointment before like how Millar's Ultimates 2 ended with Asgardians and you felt things had gone to sour, but you're still here! Still duking out money for Ultimate Marvel.
    You know you have a point. I should really put my money where my mouth is.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Elder Member

I really don't see the problem as long as the story is good.

"This is one of the biggest stories in Marvel history," said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. "Peter Parker and Miles Morales are two of our most popular characters and fans have been clamoring for them to meet—we’ve got quite a few surprises in store for both characters. This is only the beginning of how we’re celebrating Spider-Man’s spectacular 50th Anniversary."

Where on earth does Alonso get his intel?

Elder Member

New fans I would imagine.