Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 206
  1. #31

    Default

    I'm totally getting this. I love 616 Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man so I'm hoping for a fun story.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 04-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Ouch, ouch and ouch. Haha. Good to know. My question still stands I suppose ;).
    No problem. I always thought Olivier Coipel, Sarah Pichelli, and Jim Cheung were equally talented artists and seeing their work is a treat. One reason I was marveled (no pun intended) at House of M was the artwork of Coipel. Similarly having beautiful covers by Cheung and interior art by the sexy Sarah Pichelli (pronounced Pi-Ke-li) will be worth $4, unless Bendis decompresses the hell out of it (I hate decompression).

  3. #33

    Default

    This is going to put a lot of pressure on Miles. He already idolizes teen Peter Parker from his universe. Meeting the adult Pete who is a seasoned pro and Avenger is really going to make him want to step his game up.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    This is going to put a lot of pressure on Miles. He already idolizes teen Peter Parker from his universe. Meeting the adult Pete who is a seasoned pro and Avenger is really going to make him want to step his game up.
    I can't wait to see Miles' reaction when he meets adult Peter.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    I can't wait to see Miles' reaction when he meets adult Peter.
    I'm hoping there is a scene where Pete meets Miles and asks, "So are you from the future, or some kind of clone." And Miles takes off his mask and says something like, "No Mr. Parker, just a concerned citizen following in your footsteps."

    That would be so cool.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  6. #36
    The-One-Above-All robcastor729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Goleta, Ca
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand when I started reading comics I liked crossovers.
    On the other I may stop
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    I'm hoping there is a scene where Pete meets Miles and asks, "So are you from the future, or some kind of clone." And Miles takes off his mask and says something like, "No Mr. Parker, just a concerned citizen following in your footsteps."

    That would be so cool.
    I'm expecting something along the lines of near mental breakdown and immediate apology. Miles feels guilty for teen Pete dying, so meeting adult Pete would not only be great for training but also relieve him of his guilt, thus making Miles a more optimistic character.

    I wonder if the main title UC: All-New Spidey will have tie-in issues to Spider-Men?

  8. #38
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    At the very least I hope this mini sort of follows in Shattered Dimensions' footsteps in that Peter and Miles don't necessarily work directly together but quickly meet and then they go about performing tasks in their own respective universe'. That would at least minimalise the damage, so-to-speak, of the cross-over.

    Also, I have a feeling that the first two issues will be solo issues for each of them (hence the double-shipping in June); The events in each universe that leads to the cross-over in the first place. But that's just pointless speculation, lol.

    I like the idea of the Zodiac Key coming into play, simply because it would at least be an unused story element that has potential for something of this caliber. But again, we have no confirmation that the Key is even going to be used.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  9. #39
    Junior Member SpeedofLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    449

    Default

    I would rather Peter be resurrected than have this. And hate the idea of Peter coming back.

    Also, I don't like Pichelli. I don't want Ultimate Tony Stark walking around with an arc reactor in his chest because she uses the movies as a reference.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    At the very least I hope this mini sort of follows in Shattered Dimensions' footsteps in that Peter and Miles don't necessarily work directly together but quickly meet and then they go about performing tasks in their own respective universe'. That would at least minimalise the damage, so-to-speak, of the cross-over.

    Also, I have a feeling that the first two issues will be solo issues for each of them (hence the double-shipping in June); The events in each universe that leads to the cross-over in the first place. But that's just pointless speculation, lol.

    I like the idea of the Zodiac Key coming into play, simply because it would at least be an unused story element that has potential for something of this caliber. But again, we have no confirmation that the Key is even going to be used.
    Didn't they hint the spiders from Oscorp would have something to do with this too?

  11. #41
    Back to formula?! Sinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It's all just a cash-grab on Marvel's part. I can see the appeal that it would have to the general audience and fan-base, but to me this just simply reeks of gimmick. I don't so much care that Marvel has previously stated that "if the two worlds meet they have officially run out of ideas", because with the Shattered Dimensions video game (canon or not) that has already sort of happened. The part that gets me is that it just happens to be during the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man? Sheesh. I bet you if last year was the 50th anniversary they would have tied the cross-over into Ultimate Peter's death somehow. If this cross-over was inevitably going to happen I would have at least hoped it would be a few years after Miles was established. I mean, this cross-over directly clashes with an important sub-plot currently going on in Ultimate Spider-Man; Miles learning from Peter via the Spider-Man DVD. Miles is trying to learn from his deceased mentor in the best and only way he can. That's a beautiful plot and is full of heart. But wait here comes the 50th anniversary, let's give Miles an actual Peter Parker to learn from because that's better and, you know, more believable... Yeah...

    You know, I've been fighting these feelings for the last couple of years. I've enjoyed the ride of change since Ultimatum but this is getting a little ridiculous. Just because the Ultimate Universe is a place where anything can happen, that doesn't mean anything SHOULD happen. It was bad enough that Ultimate Peter was killed off, but because it was done very well I accepted it with open arms and welcomed Miles as my new favorite Web-Head. Now Marvel is just playing games to see how far they can push it. I mean seriously? There were tons of angry fans after Ultimatum because the UU was so drastically changed, and then, just when they were starting to mend the damage done (forgotten characters once again reaching the spotlight, old Ultimate costumes coming into play, etc) they are rocking the ship again toward something that shouldn't have been done to the UU.

    I think, because it appears that this story is canon for Miles, that I WILL in fact purchase and read it (bravo Marvel) but at this point I will be doing it rather begrudgingly. But seriously Marvel, you need to learn to stop "fixing" things that aren't broken.
    Hopefully someone at Marvel sees your post and something clicks in their brain because this is EXACTLY what is wrong with Marvel right now. Bravo to you, sir, for giving words to exactly how we feel.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

  12. #42
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    I would rather Peter be resurrected than have this. And hate the idea of Peter coming back.
    You know what? Oddly enough I agree with you on this one; As much as I hate the idea of a major death like this in the UU being retconned, at the very least it would be better than a cross-over. At least a resurrection could be done tastefully and lead to an interesting story. A cross-over is just very lazy-sounding and unoriginal.

    My original theory that the Zodiac Key could be used by Mysterio to "rearrange things" could backfire resulting in Peter being brought back to life (for a short time only though) could have worked quite well as a mini and would also fit very well into the theme of the 50th anniversary AND wouldn't be too quick after Miles' introduction because the Zodiac Key is still a relatively fresh plot.

    A resurrection would be the most obvious, but a cross-over is very lame. They could have also gone in a completely different direction and done something that NO ONE predicted. I mean come on, Bendis even said on Twitter that he had to laugh at some of the theories that fans were coming up with and that we'll see IF anyone got it right. Well DUH, someone obviously hit the nail on the head within minutes of the first teaser being released, Mr. Bendis.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  13. #43
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It's all just a cash-grab on Marvel's part. I can see the appeal that it would have to the general audience and fan-base, but to me this just simply reeks of gimmick. I don't so much care that Marvel has previously stated that "if the two worlds meet they have officially run out of ideas", because with the Shattered Dimensions video game (canon or not) that has already sort of happened. The part that gets me is that it just happens to be during the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man? Sheesh. I bet you if last year was the 50th anniversary they would have tied the cross-over into Ultimate Peter's death somehow. If this cross-over was inevitably going to happen I would have at least hoped it would be a few years after Miles was established. I mean, this cross-over directly clashes with an important sub-plot currently going on in Ultimate Spider-Man; Miles learning from Peter via the Spider-Man DVD. Miles is trying to learn from his deceased mentor in the best and only way he can. That's a beautiful plot and is full of heart. But wait here comes the 50th anniversary, let's give Miles an actual Peter Parker to learn from because that's better and, you know, more believable... Yeah...

    You know, I've been fighting these feelings for the last couple of years. I've enjoyed the ride of change since Ultimatum but this is getting a little ridiculous. Just because the Ultimate Universe is a place where anything can happen, that doesn't mean anything SHOULD happen. It was bad enough that Ultimate Peter was killed off, but because it was done very well I accepted it with open arms and welcomed Miles as my new favorite Web-Head. Now Marvel is just playing games to see how far they can push it. I mean seriously? There were tons of angry fans after Ultimatum because the UU was so drastically changed, and then, just when they were starting to mend the damage done (forgotten characters once again reaching the spotlight, old Ultimate costumes coming into play, etc) they are rocking the ship again toward something that shouldn't have been done to the UU.

    I think, because it appears that this story is canon for Miles, that I WILL in fact purchase and read it (bravo Marvel) but at this point I will be doing it rather begrudgingly. But seriously Marvel, you need to learn to stop "fixing" things that aren't broken.
    I agree!

    Although it could be much worse than the Spider-Men crossover. They could actually merge the universes etc etc.

    Not getting this mini series. It's just a cheap shot.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    The end of the interview hinted Miles would meet more characters than just Peter, I hope Miles befriends Iron Man or Wolverine from Earth-616. Heck even Daredevil!

    If Miles befriends Daredevil from that world it will be a neat contrast to Ultimate Pete, who was hated by Ultimate Daredevil.

    Didn't they also hint at the Oscorp spiders being involved?

  15. #45
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    You know what? Oddly enough I agree with you on this one; As much as I hate the idea of a major death like this in the UU being retconned, at the very least it would be better than a cross-over. At least a resurrection could be done tastefully and lead to an interesting story. A cross-over is just very lazy-sounding and unoriginal.

    My original theory that the Zodiac Key could be used by Mysterio to "rearrange things" could backfire resulting in Peter being brought back to life (for a short time only though) could have worked quite well as a mini and would also fit very well into the theme of the 50th anniversary AND wouldn't be too quick after Miles' introduction because the Zodiac Key is still a relatively fresh plot.

    A resurrection would be the most obvious, but a cross-over is very lame. They could have also gone in a completely different direction and done something that NO ONE predicted. I mean come on, Bendis even said on Twitter that he had to laugh at some of the theories that fans were coming up with and that we'll see IF anyone got it right. Well DUH, someone obviously hit the nail on the head within minutes of the first teaser being released, Mr. Bendis.
    I agree 1000000% with what you said (except the temporarily alive part).

    I hope that when the bring Peter back (if they do, that is...) that it's done tastefully (I'm looking at you Mephisto...) and with and interesting and entertaining story.

    As I've said before, I think Miles is a great character and I would read the crap out of him iIF he hadn't been made into a new Spider-Man. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. With Pete's death, Miles could still use Peter as his "mentor" but with his own super hero alter instead of just picking up the mantle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •