Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Spider-men Official Announcement!

From CBR News

Well, it looks like it's a 616/Ultimate crossover. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this works. If I had to pick, it would be Peter coming to the Ultimate Universe, rather than Miles going to 616, but I'll be interested to see it either way.

Granted, there's also a chance this isn't 616 Peter, just like the crossover in Ultimate Fantastic Four turned out to be Zombie-Reed, not 616. Or it could be a different Miles. But I think this is going to be the real deal, if I had to guess.

UPDATE:

Alonso on Marvel's Ultimate "Spider-men" Crossover

That confirms that it will, in fact, be 616 and Ultimate crossing over. Not much else is revealed, though, in the interest of keeping some of the story a surprise.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Huh, well there you go then, by their own admission Marvel is officially out of ideas. AvX was a bit of a hint towards this fact but it's nice to see things made official.

The caption reads:
    Peter Parker swings alongside Miles Morales in the inter-dimensional team-up series "Spider-Men"
    Which confirms that it's not just the introduction of a 616 Miles or the return of Ultimate Peter. It does actually involve dimension hopping.

Unless they're pulling a zombies-style red herring on us, it seems most likely to be an actual 616/Ultimate crossover.
    Last edited by Telos; 04-11-2012 at 07:31 AM.

I hope the villain that allows for interdimensional interaction is Victor VanDamme returning from the zombiverse.
    My Lexicon is the Cannon Fodder of Megatron. Tumble from the Heavens, Blue Angel harboring chest bombs. The Mogul of Chernobyl - Emir Lye

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airelle Adam View Post
    I hope the villain that allows for interdimensional interaction is Victor VanDamme returning from the zombiverse.
    I thought of that too. That would be great!

There is no reason Miles has to meet 616 Peter if they wanted Miles to meet a Peter Parker, there's still Spider-Woman waiting to be used

On Vacation

I think Marvel might be set to just combine 616/1610 and recreate a new universe like how DC did. And I don't think it would be that half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    There is no reason Miles has to meet 616 Peter if they wanted Miles to meet a Peter Parker, there's still Spider-Woman waiting to be used
    The wording in the interview was pretty bad becuase Spider-Woman is a clone of Peter with most of Peter's memories. I would think that would be much closer then an Alt-Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Farson89 View Post
    Huh, well there you go then, by their own admission Marvel is officially out of ideas. AvX was a bit of a hint towards this fact but it's nice to see things made official.
    Now, don't get the idea that I'm throwing my full support behind this event or anything, but why is it that people are so hung up on this Joe Q quote? He said it when he was editor-in-chief, no? When he would have actually had the final say in the matter. Well, he's not editor-in-chief anymore, Alonso is. He's in charge now, and he obviously has a different view on the subject. Whatever Joe Q thought 7 years ago doesn't have any bearing on what's happening now.

In general, it's ridiculous to assume that anybody getting promoted to a new job should be held to the word of his predecessor(s). How would any real progress be made in the long run? What if the predecessor was wrong? I mean, they left that job for some reason, didn't they?

I wasn't really making a comment on the interview it was just on the idea of a crossover in general.

Wasn't Miles Morales suppose to be a Spider-Man for a new generation and new reader friendly? A crossover doesn't help promote this idea...
    To appreciate this crossover readers need to be reading Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-11-2012 at 08:27 AM.

First, Miles is meeting someone who's the closest flesh-and-blood thing to his actual biggest hero.
    And once again Ult. Spider-woman is completely forgotten about by Marvel.

Still, sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I wasn't really making a comment on the interview it was just on the idea of a crossover in general.

Wasn't Miles Morales suppose to be a Spider-Man for a new generation and new reader friendly? A crossover doesn't help promote this idea...
    To appreciate this crossover reader need to be reading Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man.
    I agree with this, Miles still needs more time to shine in his role as Spider-Man before getting dragged into events and crossovers. All he's done is fought some trashy thug nobodies. He hasn't had a real conflict of his own or made a true enemy or arch nemesis yet. Perhaps with the Miles-Aaron-Scorpion thing, that will happen. But it better happen soon (doesn't seem likely with the pace the book has been following) before this crossover.

The only thing I can think of to somewhat justify this is from Spider-Girl (May Parker, that is). She went back in time relatively early in her series, saw her father in action, worked with him, and realized that she had a lot of learning to do yet and a long way to go before she would hold up to his legacy. It was kind of cool. Then again, it contributed to her endlessly moping about and worrying that she's not worthy of her webs. Bleh, I don't want that for Miles. Hopefully he gets to have a little hero worship and awe, and becomes a bit more inspired by seeing the hero he could become. Wait, didn't he already do that with the dead Peter? Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Now, don't get the idea that I'm throwing my full support behind this event or anything, but why is it that people are so hung up on this Joe Q quote? He said it when he was editor-in-chief, no? When he would have actually had the final say in the matter. Well, he's not editor-in-chief anymore, Alonso is. He's in charge now, and he obviously has a different view on the subject. Whatever Joe Q thought 7 years ago doesn't have any bearing on what's happening now.

In general, it's ridiculous to assume that anybody getting promoted to a new job should be held to the word of his predecessor(s). How would any real progress be made in the long run? What if the predecessor was wrong? I mean, they left that job for some reason, didn't they?
    Basically the Joe Q quote gets thrown around for the simple reason that he was right, the fact the Marvel has since changed it's mind on he issue doesn't undo the fact that a 616/Ult crossover is an incredibly lazy and uncreative sales-grab.

Does anyone think this is how Miles gets his webshooters? From the man who designed them himself?

Elder Member

Best. News. Ever.