Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It was great to see Ben's a fan of MMA and watching Brock Lesnar (when Reed first entered, it's unmistakable), no less.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

AMAZING issue. I think we have an early Eisnar candidate here.

Probably one of the best single issues I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

This is why I love the FF. Characters who live thousands of years, travel into the future, gain powerful pet ex-villains, and still the story ends with two old friends sitting on the couch, drinking a beer and watching boxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    It was great to see Ben's a fan of MMA and watching Brock Lesnar (when Reed first entered, it's unmistakable), no less.
    That's what I thought, too. That looks like UFC (Lesnar vs. ... Cain Velasquez??).
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AMAZING issue. I think we have an early Eisnar candidate here.

Probably one of the best single issues I've ever read.

That's what I thought, too. That looks like UFC (Lesnar vs. ... Cain Velasquez??).
    Yup, they digiblurred it but you can tell from Brock's buzzcut and the short colour patterns.

Given Ben's history as a short lived shoot wrestler for the GWF it makes sense he'd watch MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfer View Post
    I teared up a bit and I don't cry
    So did I. That was a first for me. Crying a bit while reading a comic book. Bravo. Amazing stuff.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    ahh the cynicism of forums. Classic. Anyways nice quiet issue, interesting how the main focus was on Ben and Franklin.
    It felt good reading this, had a sentimentality to it while giving Reed a lesson in enjoying the now.
    Wish Hickman didn't leave, I found his tenure on the Fantastic Four a bit short.
    I agree whole-heartedly. I sent an email to them 'angrily' yelling at Hickman for doing such a great issue and making me pre-emptively miss him when he leaves down the road. An all around great issue. Lots of cool out there sci-fi concepts and a sweet character moment at the end.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Theoretically Reed can live forever as well since Hickman wrote Reed in Ultimates so if you want you can go by that.

Ha! I was about to mention the same too!

Reed is technically an immortal as well. Seeing Ben being one too makes it an interesting dynamic.

I wonder if now that Ultimate Ben Grimm came out of his rocky exterior (nothing but a cocoon) and became a purple cosmic entity he will also be immortal.

Such an amazing comic by Hickman. I can not stress enough my utter lack of interest in the FF in the past until Hickman made his run one of favorite series. This issue shows yet again, even in one off stories he can hold the reader all the way through, I didn't want it to be over but that is one hell of a revelation about Ben and what his future holds.

Agreed. And this particular issue offers a unique look at the repercussions of prolonged living. Poor Ben and Franklin..

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

Is that time Franklin was away (for that thousand years or so) when he went back in time to fight the Celestials? Or something else?

I really enjoyed this issue, but it does it feel like filler to anyone else?
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

A FANTASTIC issue. This and Johnny's adventures in the Negative Zone are my too favorite of Hickman's run. It shows all his strengths and forgoes his weaknesses. Wildly inventive and emotional strong story, while not keeping things purposefully obscure. the dialog was straight forward without the cryptic half sentences. Shows he can tell a direct, clear story without the overcomplexity that I find often goes a little to far. I'll stick around for the rest of his run, but this would have made a perfect valedictorian for his run.
    This one is a classic.

This issue was beautiful. Tragic and sweet at the same time. Also was that firelord in the future FF with Franklin and who I assume is a descendant of Peter?

Also i have't read every post here but by my super happy math; Ben gets to be human 1 week in every year. So that's 7 days per year, so in 4000 years he ages 28,000 days/ 76.923 years.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    Is that time Franklin was away (for that thousand years or so) when he went back in time to fight the Celestials? Or something else?

I really enjoyed this issue, but it does it feel like filler to anyone else?
    He went to do something else. I got the feeling that he finally made the decision to transcend his humanity and assume his role as a cosmic level being, based on Grimm's remark that "It's about time." This is a whole new, unwritten future that occurred specifically as a result of the machinations of Franklin, Valeria and Nathaniel. Also, I think the Franklin we saw confront and battle the Celestials was from the same time period of the adult Valeria Richards (maybe around the year 2042). That said, the events we see take place in F4# 605 develop long after that. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Val are obviously deceased by 3012. My thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    This issue was beautiful. Tragic and sweet at the same time. Also was that firelord in the future FF with Franklin and who I assume is a descendant of Peter?
    Possibly. There's also a young member of the Future Foundation shown in 4012 AD wearing one of Stark's Iron Man suits. It could be one of his descendants or someone entirely different.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

Maybe Stark succeeds in making Repulsor tech available for everyone in that future?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
    He went to do something else. I got the feeling that he finally made the decision to transcend his humanity and assume his role as a cosmic level being, based on Grimm's remark that "It's about time." This is a whole new, unwritten future that occurred specifically as a result of the machinations of Franklin, Valeria and Nathaniel. Also, I think the Franklin we saw confront and battle the Celestials was from the same time period of the adult Valeria Richards (maybe around the year 2042). That said, the events we see take place in F4# 605 develop long after that. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Val are obviously deceased by 3012. My thoughts.
    Ah, OK, cool thanks for that insight!
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.