Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Alonso On Marvel U/Ultimate Crossover "Spider-Men"

Marvel's incoming "Spider-Men" series is revealed in full as Axel Alonso discusses the roles original Amazing Spider-Man Peter Parker and Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales will play in Brian Michael Bendis' story.

Full article here.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

"Having Miles Morales bump shoulders with Peter Parker in the year we're celebrating Spider-Man's 50th Anniversary was just too delicious to pass up."

It's inevitable I suppose that Marvel had to do something for the big 5-0, but I hope this won't draw too much attention away from Slott's own stories.

"All I'll say is there's a super-cool villain involved in all of this and it's mind-bending, twisted stuff that puts these two in each others' orbit."

Hmph, so there's a villain dabbling in dimensional exploration and then poof! the wall between universes is shattered. I wonder which universe will actually get more action and characters crossing-over?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Too bad, I always preferred when Ultimate U stayed separate.

LOL "an enormously popular new character"

Oh hell......
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    "Having Miles Morales bump shoulders with Peter Parker in the year we're celebrating Spider-Man's 50th Anniversary was just too delicious to pass up."

It's inevitable I suppose that Marvel had to do something for the big 5-0, but I hope this won't draw too much attention away from Slott's own stories.

"All I'll say is there's a super-cool villain involved in all of this and it's mind-bending, twisted stuff that puts these two in each others' orbit."

Hmph, so there's a villain dabbling in dimensional exploration and then poof! the wall between universes is shattered. I wonder which universe will actually get more action and characters crossing-over?
    That's what's been bugging me. Bendis was all "This is the big anniversary story!" and I just thought "Then shouldn't Slott, the actual Spider-Man writer, be involved?"

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    That's what's been bugging me. Bendis was all "This is the big anniversary story!" and I just thought "Then shouldn't Slott, the actual Spider-Man writer, be involved?"
    I expect we're going to see Twitter and Formspring posts from Slott and/or Bendis saying everything's been smoothed over. We'll see.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Yes I admit I would've thought that Slott would be involved if this was the big anniversary story as it's being promoted as.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

1. I'm predicting Ultimate will get more action and characters crossing-over.
    2. I agree with you in that I hope it doesn't cause too much of a distraction from Slott's stories.

Boooo!!!! This sucks.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Seems too soon. I get that it's the anniversary, but MM has had hardly any time to develop as a character, especially with Bendis's decompressed writing style. Putting him together with PP already just doesn't seem like a good idea, especially when they want to really differentiate MM as his own character.

BANNED

bummer I was expecting Spider-Mann 2099 to team with Spidey.

Looking forward to this! Happy 50th Spidey!
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Sweetest Guy in the Swamp Manphibian's Avatar

You heard it here first, this will be a result of one of Superboy-Prime's punches. Mark my words.

I hope Bendis writes 616 Pete just like he does in "New Avengers" with the character wavering between "useless" to "incompetent/annoying" with Miles constantly having to rescue him. Then at the end Pete shakes his hand and says, "Miles, I'm just A Spider-man, you, you're the ULTIMATE Spider-Man!!!" (cue wailing electric guitar, activated ala AR code.) I'd immediately buy 30 copies.