Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

People voting for the Academy awards have to watch the fillms.
    I'd say the same is necessary: Only those who have read all those can vote. I have and Rachel Rising is indeed the best one.

Very hard choice for me, but the comic off this list that I most looked forward to reading was OMAC.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

None of this seems "New" to me. Batman for example is not new. the renumbering is new. I love that comic, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo are creating some intensely wonderful Batman stories that will probably be classics, but Batman is not a new series despite the numbering. The same applies for pretty much all of this. I guess I have a different idea of 'new'.

It was still Bs then so I guess it still is now. That's not new! new should be something new.

When they were tallying the nominations for this poll, they should have given bonus points to series that are actually new.

Seeing as every single other series on this list is a reboot, it's clear that the winner should be Rachel Rising. But, it won't be, because the superhero crowd loves to pretend like these are new stories. (Note that I didn't say they were bad, relax.)

While it is an absolute JOKE to call the majority of the books on this list "new," I'm voting for my favorite book listed, regardless of how new it is in fact NOT.

...Which is without a doubt Wolverine and the X-Men. It is wonderful fun and I look forward to it more each month than anything else. Of the ones on the list, I'll give Batman a runner up, and then FF. But for the life of me, with this definition of "New" I can't figure out why The Flash isn't here. Manupaul and Buccellato have made me love a book I've never even given a second thought to in my life.

Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Nope, sorry. The reason Batman and Daredevil are in this list and nominated for Eisners, is that the creators of these "re-launches" are doing something different than what has been done before.
    A new villian is not "doing something new." In fact, the whole Court of the Owls story line is just a high-society re-write of The Cult. "Badguys kidnap Batman, badguys drive Batman crazy, badguys try to take over the city, crazy Batman beats the crap out of badguys." The only thing different about it is how many other books they're trying to make us buy with the cross-over.

Well, if we really go with NEW, meaning previously unseen characters, then DC and Marvel would practically not be in the running, as they have what every other publisher wishes they had : huge libraries of characters with history that they keep evolving.

I'm glad there are truly new characters and titles coming out, but I'm also glad these libraries of characters still have legs and continue to have stories told about them. I'm loving the new version of Wonder Woman, like a lot of people are. OMAC had been seen before, but not this version of OMAC, which was pretty different in many ways from previous versions, thus, I wouldn't hesitate to call it new.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

BANNED

Batman won followed by dardedevil