Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: David Investigates "X-Factor," Relationships, & "AvX"

"X-Factor" writer Peter David answers your emails about road trips, relationships, costumes, and getting personal with readers. All this plus exclusive art!

Full article here.

BANNED

I always look forward to PAD's X-positions. They are so crammed full of info and insight. X-Facto is by far Marvels most solid book and PAD their most solid writer.

I just wish he was doing more comic work. I keep hoping DC will give him Justice League International, with him working on the Young Justice tv show for them. By the way Mr David, if you are reading this, excellent job on those episodes.

Seriously can't wait for Run Layla Run. The films is also one of my favourites. I swear you come up with these plots just because you like the titles sometimes and never fail to pull it off.

The only negative I will say. I agree totally about the Havok and Polaris costume issue. They seem to wear them everywhere. I also would like to finally find out more with regards to Polaris' connection to Zaladane. PAD is one of the few remaining writers who willingly takes on these throw away plot threads from yesteryear.

The honest truth is maybe there isn't many of us guys who remember this stuff. I was a kid when that plot point was raised. But it's nice to know there is still a writer who doesn't treat us like we're crazy for loving continuity and one skilled enough to do it in such a way he doesn't alienate new readers.

True talent.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 04-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I always look forward to PAD's X-positions. They are so crammed full of info and insight. X-Facto is by far Marvels most solid book and PAD their most solid writer.

I just wish he was doing more comic work. I keep hoping DC will give him Justice League International, with him working on the Young Justice tv show for them. By the way Mr David, if you are reading this, excellent job on those episodes.

Seriously can't wait for Run Layla Run. The films is also one of my favourites. I swear you come up with these plots just because you like the titles sometimes and never fail to pull it off.

The only negative I will say. I agree totally about the Havok and Polaris costume issue. They seem to wear them everywhere. I also would like to finally find out more with regards to Polaris' connection to Zaladane. PAD is one of the few remaining writers who willingly takes on these throw away plot threads from yesteryear.

The honest truth is maybe there isn't many of us guys who remember this stuff. I was a kid when that plot point was raised. But it's nice to know there is still a writer who doesn't treat us like we're crazy for loving continuity.
    Thanks for the insightful thoughts. I love PAD's writings too! :)

There's a blog that talks about all the abandoned directions for the X-Men. Here's one about the Dane sister. It sounds like CC was going to make Zaladane a cross between Terra and Rictor.
    http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.com/
    Ten years later, in 2001, when Claremont left Uncanny X-Men for the second time to write X-Treme X-Men, Zaladane’s resurrection ended up not happening again: “Also lost in the shuffle: (…) a story in the Savage Land reintroducing Zaladane as a vengeful earth-oriented character, who manipulates tectonic plates the way her sister, Lorna, does magnetism, and her desire to avenge herself against Magneto (who “killed” her in Uncanny X-Men #275) by destroying Genosha (an island nation which Magneto ruled at the time),” Claremont revealed to Cinescape.com.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

I must say that it was nice of PAD to admit that Avengers vs X-men will affect X-factor in the aftermath, this only pleases me so.

I would love to see PAD to a story for Avenging Spider-man, since he does have a history with the character and does interesting team-ups in the past.

Love PAD. Don't want new looks for Havok and Polaris. What everyone (including David) seem to forget is that Alex's costume helps him monitor and control his power output. It's not just a costume, it's an essential part of him.

Retired

I am so here for Run, Layla Run.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    There's a blog that talks about all the abandoned directions for the X-Men. Here's one about the Dane sister. It sounds like CC was going to make Zaladane a cross between Terra and Rictor.
    http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.com/
    That was a good read. Makes me miss the days when things happened in the core x-books.

Quote Originally Posted by tingray View Post
    Love PAD. Don't want new looks for Havok and Polaris. What everyone (including David) seem to forget is that Alex's costume helps him monitor and control his power output. It's not just a costume, it's an essential part of him.
    The headgear is my only complaint about it, however Polaris's costume is just plain dated and not fitting with the book.

1) As far as couples go, Havok and Polaris' relationship seems extremely unhealthy and co-dependent. Do you think what they have at this stage is actually love? Or are they just afraid that, if they split up, they might be giving up the only semi-constant presence in their lives?
    They've been either entirely off screen or in a intergalactic war ever since they got back together, how their current relationship is like is entirely up to David to portray from the ground up. Please don't put negative ideas in his head.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Now that Havok and Polaris are back in the fold, as it were...I am very excited and interested to see where PAD is taking this title.
    (I am so very glad that this is not tying into any of that AvX rubbish...and yes please, to a costume make-over for both.)
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Leonard Kirk's art has really improved last issue and in the previews shown. I can't wait for the roadtrip to begin. That black and hite page of Siryn was stunning and I love how the little details are noted.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I want to know what they're all looking at with strange, possibly disgusted, expressions in the art further down.

So is Jamie's, but he has hidden or adapted it to look less conspicuous

PAD is always my favorite X-Position interview, just like X-Factor is my perennial favorite X-Book. oh sure, every now and then something new and shiny will come along and temporarily grab my attention more (New Mutants and Wolverine and the X-Men both pop into mind), but this book has been rock-solid for 7 years now and I hope to see that continue for AT LEAST 7 more.

Whether their inclusion was editorially mandated or not (probably was), I'm happy to see that PAD seems to be excited about using Havok and Polaris. It excites me even more to know that he's going to work with Lorna's convoluted backstory! I gotta admit though...his delving into the current state of their relationship honestly worries me a little. It's had virtually ZERO development since the "Po-Po goes cray-cray" wedding fiasco, after which they were just sort of thrown back into coupledom with no real explanation by Brubaker (not that I'm complaining). As someone who enjoyed their time in space, when it was actually documented, I'd personally like to see him use it as something that unquestionably strengthened their relationship. But with comic books being as soap opera-ish as they are, and X-Factor being one of the soapiest, I'm sure it won't be that easy.

Wish he'd elaborated on his plans for the Longshot/Shatterstar connection a little bit more this round...but I'm hoping that since no questions about it were included and he didn't specifically mention it, that means the story is in the can and he's being "hush hush" about it lol.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

I think the consensus was that he just needs a jacket or something to look more casual. Polaris, however, needs a complete costume change.

Anyways, I'm super excited for this! X-Factor is my favorite book, hands down!

I love that Siryn, Polaris, and Rahne are in casual clothes for the road trip. LOL @ Rahne's expression: