Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    Right now, I'm assuming Barbara is back cos she knows James has been released/escaped. The natural assumption is that she's back to protect Babs, although I suppose she could be working with James, if Gail was gonna go down an especially dark road.
    Oh yeah, and option 3. James is actually better and Barbara knows but doesn't know if Babs and Jim are ready to accept him yet. Maybe his bumping into Alysia is a genuine coincidence and his looking all creeepy is just Gail playing into everyone's expectations. Hey, she's turned one of the Joker's henchman in to a good('ish) guy, nothing's impossible.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Babs doubts about her Mum's story seem to be more rooted in the reason she came back, rather than why she left. Babs specifically asks "Why come back at all? Why now?" When Babs ponder what her mum isn't telling her, it seems to be more about the now than the then. Let's face it, even if we hadn't seen him on the last page, who didn't realise James was out the moment that Babs' thought "At least James is still in Arkham Asylum." Not the most subtle bit of dialogue, that.

Right now, I'm assuming Barbara is back cos she knows James has been released/escaped. The natural assumption is that she's back to protect Babs
    why would she do that when she didnt even returned when Barb was shot and lost her legs

and concidering that Babs doesnt know he escaped then how does Babs Sr knew? unless the escape wasnt recent and James told this to his mom but then how does he knew where to find her
    it just makes to many questions

although I suppose she could be working with James, if Gail was gonna go down an especially dark road.
    i doubt it

Oh yeah, and option 3. James is actually better and Barbara knows but doesn't know if Babs and Jim are ready to accept him yet. Maybe his bumping into Alysia is a genuine coincidence and his looking all creeepy is just Gail playing into everyone's expectations. Hey, she's turned one of the Joker's henchman in to a good('ish) guy, nothing's impossible.
    by actually being better you mean being sane
    thats pretty much a point of Black Mirror, he was taking medicine to get better and reconnect with his father but it was all a cover up for his plan and he changed the medicines to make himself worst which he later uses to infect the infants

also i doubt he would get better so fast and even if he is declared sane that Jim wasnt informed
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 04-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

It WOULD be an interesting twist that James Jr. is on his meds and maybe mom is like Typhoid Mary over in Daredevil, with a split-personality, etc.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Pretty much all I know about James Jr.'s past is that he had some plan once to put a chemical into Gotham's water supply to create many more psychotics and I saw a scene where he had put a knife into Barbara's leg while she was in her wheelchair (in previous continuity).
    Dude did a lot more than that--as I recall, he first played some mindgames with her, making her think he cut both of her legs off, and then revealed that he'd only stabbed her in both legs, pinning her to the chair. Near the end, she got the strength to pull one of the knives out and stabbed James Jr. in the eye.

If you haven't read Black Mirror, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Not completely. The lack of logic or anything approaching common sense from Barbara Snr is as daft as it seems. But the dialogue does claim that Barbara had a breakdown when her fears about her son were confirmed, so I guess it makes sense that her decision didn't make sense. If that makes sense.
    Not to mention that Babs herself doesn't quite believe it and thinks her mother isn't telling her the whole story.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

That's fairly possible too--as I recall, he was on meds for a while until something happened that made him slip, or was given different medication that only messed with his head even more.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    That's fairly possible too--as I recall, he was on meds for a while until something happened that made him slip, or was given different medication that only messed with his head even more.
    he changed the medication himself to turn off that part of his brain that makes him feel emotions
    Click here

Thanks everyone for your answers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    Barbara Sr.'s explanation is that it was because she knew James was a psycho, and she believed him when he said it was her fault for being a bad mother (after all, she raised him), and she believed James' threat that he would hurt his sister if mother didn't leave.

Barbara's reaction to her mother's story is the same as many this thread: This doesn't make sense. Why didn't she get help? Why did she think simply leaving would solve the problem? What's the missing piece of this story?
    So Jim wanted them to leave? How convenient.
    At least Barbara is right up there with us in questioning her mother's story. Simone might save this.

This book is just so dreary, and NONE of the characters act in a remotely believable fashion.

*sigh*

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_chunks View Post
    This book is just so dreary, *sigh*
    I just don't get when some come at the current Batgirl book with this accusation. Are you looking for an intro to the book like this:

Because this title takes place in GOTHAM, not the kids line of books like the new Superman Family. The theme of the book is one young woman who was once herself a victim and forges ahead to be that first drop in the ocean of hope and redemption to the other citizens of Gotham, that cascades outward. I find this title has a lot to shine with, but what it is not is some frothy & silly kids line book, for which I am grateful.

However, I would also snatch up a first copy of Super Best Friends Forever in a heartbeat 'cause it's just so FUN (see I'm not made of stone)
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I havent had much time to go through all my comics this week, so let me get this straight:
    Babs' mom left because Jim was disturbed? As if leaving without saying a word to her daughter or husband would fix him? WTF is this logic?

Please tell me it's not this stupid.
    I take it more as she couldn't take it and cowardly ran away. She took the easy way of dealing with it by dropping everything and leaving.

That's why her return is sorta disgusting and it's really no wonder Babs should be absolutely livid at her for abandoning them.

prediction
    Babs mom will die eventually in the comic
    probably killed by James Jr
    Click here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Because this title takes place in GOTHAM, not the kids line of books like the new Superman Family. The theme of the book is one young woman who was once herself a victim and forges ahead to be that first drop in the ocean of hope and redemption to the other citizens of Gotham, that cascades outward. I find this title has a lot to shine with, but what it is not is some frothy & silly kids line book, for which I am grateful
    It doesn't have to be a "silly kids line book" to not just be dull and dreary. We already get enough dark books. Unlike the last Batgirl series, this one fails to provide diversity in tone to the line. And if Gotham was inherently a dreary place, people wouldn't live there.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Unlike the last Batgirl series
    The one that got cancelled and couldn't stay in the top 100. Gee, why oh why is this book not like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The one that got cancelled and couldn't stay in the top 100. Gee, why oh why is this book not like that one.
    It sold fairly decently actually, low 20's was nothing to sneeze at considering it featured a secondary character.

not Senior Member joint venture's Avatar

I really do come back every now and then for you guys. To check if i am wrong, better or correct.
    The decision that Simone is/has been an over-prized selection since her inclusion in the DCU; has been one I have not taken back ever. Now, editorial can push you around things you never wanted and shine your name on everyone, either to kill you or make a comic book deity of you. She has a pretty vocal, if small to medium-sized fan-base; that always replies with fury when her work is put on the table.

I dropped this book a long time ago. There is something you can always learn from anyone. I don't pay for my copies of Batgirl, I give them away to a bunch of kids who love comics. To me, dropping a book is loosing respect for it, not wanting it around; there is no place for it physically around you. And that's the matter. I just read this month's issue and I found nothing, there is nothing to read.

So: "If the Joker gives away such a gigantic impression in the media, victims, when and wherever he roams; do you really think that a trained BUT impressed and possibly scared teenager; in front of him, would really worry about the losers behind him?; experiencing trauma in such a way, does brain memory keeps every single detail "IMAXed" in your head, when you get shot you remember everything is such sordid details?

Even after regaining mobility, loosing the Oracle persona, doing all the detective work she could on her own incident and tracking down (if possible, she was ALONE there) the people responsible; can she come back as Batgirl chewing these cheap details ON and ON since it began publishing? And don't tell me she is "coping with it", she did all that before being able to walk again, spent a long time doing it.

The criminal who's a blast from the past redeems himself dying instead of receiving help, who is this guy, Darth Vader? The mother, and the brother (Black mirror has been thrashed by the way); why now in the middle of her constant "deja vu" run?

Too many elements, too bad they can't make good stories with them. The art is good. Batgirl looks good in costume too. It's just the stories they're forcing in the book that suck horribly.
    A man that risks nothing isn't anything...There is only this life, so live wonderfully and meaningfully.

http://gatofucsia.com Revista sobre cómics en español...cómics y más cómics.