Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

He also killed the Carnellian Ambassador. But dude had it coming.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Felony murder, no less. Tony could be executed for that in some states.
    Not really, it was an accident. Also he was a wanted spy and criminal. I'm not really defending Iron Man, but I would not consider it murder. More like manslaughter.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Not really, it was an accident. Also he was a wanted spy and criminal. I'm not really defending Iron Man, but I would not consider it murder. More like manslaughter.
    If you accidentally kill someone in the course of committing another crime, that's felony murder.
    Expletive Deleted

My personal opinion:

Bill Foster is clearly his fault, along with that of the others that were involved. Making a clone of someone that powerful was clearly reckless and he's lucky it didn't kill more people.

The Planet Hulk incident turned out to be sabotage from Red King loyalists. Tony and the others didn't even intend to send Hulk to Hulkworld, so I don't see how that's their fault.

Captain America isn't really his fault. He was in the wrong and he put Captain America in a weakened position that left him vulnerable to his many, many enemies, but he can't directly be blamed for the actions of others.

Around the time of Armor Wars his armor was taken over and he killed a politician just before he was about to receive a reward or something

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    If you accidentally kill someone in the course of committing another crime, that's felony murder.
    Yeah, pretty much. Breaking and entering, and destruction of property. Gremlin was killed in the course of defending himself, when he had every right to do.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    My personal opinion:

Bill Foster is clearly his fault
    hardly. Maria Hill gave the order to deploy Ragnarok. and there's no proof whatsoever that Stark knew the secret command to deactivate him. that was on Reed. he didn't act quickly enough.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    and everyone on that planet the Illuminati sent Hulk too
    No.
    1. Someone else Gerry-rigged a harmless shuttle to go boom.
    2. It was only a city that was destroyed, not the whole planet.
    Felony murder, no less. Tony could be executed for that in some states.
    Only Russian states.
    Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    He was a Russian soldier and it happened on Russian soil.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 04-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Black Goliath and Captain America, not to mention a ton of skrulls and everyone on that planet the Illuminati sent Hulk too
    No, no, no. I can give you the Skrulls, but as for the others...

Black Goliath was killed by a cyborg Tony created, but Tony did not order it to kill anybody and he was devastated when Goliath died. Do you consider Hank Pym to be directly responsible for Ultron's kills? Goliath's death was, for all intents and purposes, an accident. As Monty Cristo pointed out, it wasn't even Tony who gave the order to deploy Ragnarok.
    Was creating a clone of Thor to fight the anti-reg heroes totally amoral? Yes. Was Tony Stark fully resposible for Black Goliath's death? No.

Captain America was not killed by Tony at all. He was assassinated by Crossbones and a brainwashed Sharon Carter, on orders of the Red Skull. Whether you think Captain America deserved to be in SHIELD custody is up to you, but if you've read any of Brubaker's Captain America you'll know Tony sure as hell did not want Cap dead.

The aliens on Sakaar were also not killed by Tony. At the end of World War Hulk, it was revealed that Miek had rigged Hulk's ship to explode, making him responsible for the killings. Tony exiled Hulk, yes, but had no intentions to blow up his (otherwise harmless) ship afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    hardly. Maria Hill gave the order to deploy Ragnarok. and there's no proof whatsoever that Stark knew the secret command to deactivate him. that was on Reed. he didn't act quickly enough.
    But it was too powerful and too unpredictable a thing to create in the first place. They made a horrible monstrosity that they weren't fully in control of, I think they're responsible for anyone it kills. Hill is just a middleman, using a defective tool that Tony and the others made. And it was Tony who took Thor's hair to make the clone, so he originated the scheme.

I think the Ultron thing is different. I don't think Hank intentionally built Ultron as a weapon to use against his friends, although of course that did happen. He was just trying to create a really neat thinking robot and he made the mistake of using his screwed up brain to give it life.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 04-09-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    No.
    2. It was only a city that was destroyed, not the whole planet.
    doesn't matter Stark still put it al lin motion if he didn't send Hulk to the planet many of those deaths would have been averted, and the planet did eventually get destroyed which happened as a result of Tony sending Hulk there. In the end all roads lead back to Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    No, no, no. I can give you the Skrulls, but as for the others...

Black Goliath was killed by a cyborg Tony created, but Tony did not order it to kill anybody and he was devastated when Goliath died. Do you consider Hank Pym to be directly responsible for Ultron's kills? Goliath's death was, for all intents and purposes, an accident. As Monty Cristo pointed out, it wasn't even Tony who gave the order to deploy Ragnarok.
    Was creating a clone of Thor to fight the anti-reg heroes totally amoral? Yes. Was Tony Stark fully resposible for Black Goliath's death? No.

Captain America was not killed by Tony at all. He was assassinated by Crossbones and a brainwashed Sharon Carter, on orders of the Red Skull. Whether you think Captain America deserved to be in SHIELD custody is up to you, but if you've read any of Brubaker's Captain America you'll know Tony sure as hell did not want Cap dead.

The aliens on Sakaar were also not killed by Tony. At the end of World War Hulk, it was revealed that Miek had rigged Hulk's ship to explode, making him responsible for the killings. Tony exiled Hulk, yes, but had no intentions to blow up his (otherwise harmless) ship afterwards.
    No Stark is responsible for everything creating a unstable Thor clone. I mean thats like firing a nuke and being surprised after it kills someone, just cause it didn't play out exactly as you intended it to.

Who said he wanted Cap dead. But he still lead to his death. I mean how incompetent can you be you didn't think anyone would take a shot at him. That security was laughable. Its tantamount to killing Cap. He paraded him out there in the open, defenseless, basically asking for Crossbones to snipe him.

As I mentioned earlier Tony put all the devestation in Planet Hulk in motion he was the catalyst. All roads lead back to Stark.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Yeah, pretty much. Breaking and entering, and destruction of property. Gremlin was killed in the course of defending himself, when he had every right to do.
    Don't forget that they were holding Bethany Cabe hostage as to why Iron Man went there.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    No.
    Exactly. That's like blaming the person that built the car, but not the person that put the car bomb in it.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 04-09-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Who said he wanted Cap dead. But he still lead to his death. I mean how incompetent can you be you didn't think anyone would take a shot at him. That security was laughable. Its tantamount to killing Cap. He paraded him out there in the open, defenseless, basically asking for Crossbones to snipe him.

As I mentioned earlier Tony put all the devestation in Planet Hulk in motion he was the catalyst. All roads lead back to Stark.
    Ah no. Tony gets more credit for Cap's death than the people who actually did it. You know like Red Skull, Crossbones, Faustus and MODOK.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    One thing about Iron Man is that he does seem to be more flexible on the "No Killing" rule than someone like Captain America. He goes out of his way not to kill anyone, but he will if he has to, as we can see with Mallen in Extremis and his being on the "Kill The Supreme Intelligence" side in Operation Galactic Storm. So, are there any other examples of Iron Man killing people or causing the deaths of people or sentient beings?
    He tried everything he could to get Mallen to stop. To me the Supreme Intelligence got what he deserved. If it wasn't Tony that did it. Most people would agree with it.