Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stanmcconnell View Post
    Her solo title was a great book and had decent numbers. The editors have clearly decided to use her to prop up the numbers of Avengers Academy, which they're more invested in.

She'll get another solo soon enough.
    The sad thing there is that ever since she's been in the book, she's taken a serious backseat to the main group of students. Sure she's getting a major role in the AvsX tie-in, but outside of that, she's barely had much more importance than the new students (and by that, I mean that she's actually had some interaction with the main cast unlike the rest of them who might as well be glorified background). Even in the issues she's been in she hasn't done anything important. Even in the issue that was hyped up for her joining the Avengers Academy (which was 23) she was mostly overshadowed by Lightspeed and Striker coming out, the whole future Reptil plot and Hybrid and proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the arc but get controlled by Hybrid and immobilized by Hazmat. The problem there is similar to the only issue I have with WatXM, so much emphasis is put on the main group of students that the others are reduced to being moving background despite it being a school. It was at its worst in the most recent 2 issues guest starring The Runaways in which there was literally no sign of any of the students outside the main group for no explained reason. And this is coming from possibly the only reader/fan of the book in the X-Books section.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And this is coming from possibly the only reader/fan of the book in the X-Books section.
    You're clearly not reading hard enough!

Gage has been very open and clear about why X-23 hasn't yet featured so much in AA.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    You're clearly not reading hard enough!

Gage has been very open and clear about why X-23 hasn't yet featured so much in AA.
    I do admit that i don't always read the letters in all the books I read.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    if you can't make it with marj liu and phil noto as the storytellers, you are a TRASH character... fureelz
    phil noto is a fantastic artist, but he wasn't right for X-23. XD
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    I disagree. If anything, the problem was that he wasn't on the book from issue one. By the time he got a chance on the book, they were down to <24K sales. It's really hard to pull the sales back at that point, particularly with overhyped events distracting the drones' attention.

Of all the things you have said, I think this is perhaps the most wrong.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I think Noto did well on the book. Admittedly I don't think his paneling is always the best but he'd a top notch artist who very much added a nice feel to the book.

well to each their own, but i preferred Takeda's art

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Of all the things you have said, I think this is perhaps the most wrong.
    which part did you disagree with, noto being a good artist or him not being right for X-23?

see above for why i didn't prefer him, if it's him not being right for X-23.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

X-23 should only get a new series if she changes her name to HoneyBadger and starts illicit affairs with random redheads.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

well to each their own, but i preferred Takeda's art

which part did you disagree with, noto being a good artist or him not being right for X-23?

see above for why i didn't prefer him, if it's him not being right for X-23.
    Phil Noto is probably my favourite artist, and I agree with Herring up there that if he had been on the book since issue one, things might have been different for the title. I don't think any other artist so far has understood the character as he did and managed to portray so much in graphics alone.

While I generally like Takeda's art, her manga-stylings can be a little too generic and she's better on one & done issues to nicely break up the pace, rather than as a continued contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And this is coming from possibly the only reader/fan of the book in the X-Books section.
    ugh, shut up I've loved every issue of AA
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

She's a completely flat character they've given plenty of chances to. A 20+ issue solo run is far more than most get.

She's not a flat character. She's a deeply conflicted character who evidences a great deal of shame given her past actions (prostitution, murder, etc) and is struggling to identify her role in the world. She's a well trained killing machine but she also desperately wants to find her humanity and prove that she does indeed have the capacity to be a warm loving human being. This is basically the same shtick wolverine had to go through in the 80s and 90s that made him such a compelling character (and, as far as character drama goes, "am I killing a machine or more than that?" is as rich of a question to explore as there is in comics. And, no, Wolverine was not the first). That you accuse her of being a one-dimensional character is absurd. Over the last 5 years, who in the X-men do you feel is written as more complex?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    She's not a flat character. She's a deeply conflicted character who evidences a great deal of shame given her past actions (prostitution, murder, etc) and is struggling to identify her role in the world. She's a well trained killing machine but she also desperately wants to find her humanity and prove that she does indeed have the capacity to be a warm loving human being. This is basically the same shtick wolverine had to go through in the 80s and 90s that made him such a compelling character (and, as far as character drama goes, "am I killing a machine or more than that?" is as rich of a question to explore as there is in comics. And, no, Wolverine was not the first). That you accuse her of being a one-dimensional character is absurd. Over the last 5 years, who in the X-men do you feel is written as more complex?
    Pretty much anyone who's actually been used has a more developed and interesting characterization than X-23.
    She covers very familiar ground and nothing new or creative is done with it. Since being brought into the comics, every writer has had her undergo the exact same "development" and after more than half a decade, it's gotten even more old and tired than it was when they first introduced her.

She's a third-rate copy of both Wolverine and Cassandra Cain. She's this generation's Marrow.

she's a flat character. she was designed for snuff comics... and then marvel stopped publishing snuff comics