Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Default Another DC Comics Presents for WW solicited!

Just saw this on CBR's solicitation listing--apparently they did a few issues of an all-ages Wonder Woman series and are now presenting them in these excellent little mini-trades, including stories from the illustrious Dini/Timm team. So, you know, if you guys are itching for some more classic WW, y'all should pick this up. :)

DC COMICS PRESENTS: WONDER WOMAN ADVENTURES #1
    Written by STEVE VANCE and PAUL DINI
    Art by JOHN DELANEY, RON BOYD and BRUCE TIMM
    Cover by JOHN DELANEY and RON BOYD
    On sale JULY 25 96 pg, FC, $7.99 US
    A new, all-ages collection featuring WONDER WOMAN in action with
    the JUSTICE LEAGUE, GREEN LANTERN, CATWOMAN and CHEETAH!
    Collects ADVENTURES IN THE DC UNIVERSE #1, 3, 11 and 19.

These stories are TERRIFIC. Definitely pick them up. Great art from John Delaney and the stories work well too. I'm surprised they're calling this Wonder Woman Adventures though - issues 1 and 11 are Justice League tales, with the focus split between many heroes.

BANNED

Looks kind of cool, but I never liked the DCAU Wonder Woman.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I also didn't see anyone mentioning the new Silver Age phonebook they're going to be releasing, featuring the 12 Labors / readmission to the Justice League stories. These are .... wildly uneven, if I remember right. But at least it's not more Kanigher silver age material.

Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    These stories are TERRIFIC. Definitely pick them up. Great art from John Delaney and the stories work well too. I'm surprised they're calling this Wonder Woman Adventures though - issues 1 and 11 are Justice League tales, with the focus split between many heroes.
    They're only including the stories where Wonder Woman appeared-- 1, 3, 11, 19.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I also didn't see anyone mentioning the new Silver Age phonebook they're going to be releasing, featuring the 12 Labors / readmission to the Justice League stories. These are .... wildly uneven, if I remember right. But at least it's not more Kanigher silver age material.
    Oh yeah! I think that came out when they did solicits last month. I've read a couple pages of that run via S_D, and they look wonderfully insane.

They're only including the stories where Wonder Woman appeared-- 1, 3, 11, 19.
    Okay whoops, I thought issue 11 was the Justice League story, but I was wrong and it's this excellent Diana/Kyle Raynor GL story:

Looks kind of cool, but I never liked the DCAU Wonder Woman.
    I totally hear you, but the series these issues are from - Adventures in the DC Universe - was published waaay before the Justice League cartoon series even began. This version of Diana (as you can tell from the costume details) is based on the Byrne era, so issue 3 featured a cameo from Mike Schorr and Helena Sandsmark appears a few times. They do use the Perez version of Cheetah, though, so that's nice...

Here's the last page of the first story (spoilers! Sorry it was the first to pop up in the google search!)

Last edited by DisneyBoy; 04-10-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Darn, I thought this was the beginning of an all new all-ages Wonder Woman series.

Yes, that would have been awesome.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Kind of hard to present the new Origin WW in a kid-friendly setting.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

No kidding!