Default 100 Bullets - Is there a lot of Sex and Nudity

Hello, I wanted to ask how the content in 100 Bullets are. I don't mind some violence and swearing but how about the nudity and sex? Is there a lot of that or is it mainly a crime series?

thx

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

there really isn't that much sex and nudity in 100 bullets
    not to say there isn't but there are very few sex scenes
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by abugeorge View Post
    Hello, I wanted to ask how the content in 100 Bullets are. I don't mind some violence and swearing but how about the nudity and sex? Is there a lot of that or is it mainly a crime series?

thx
    Does not compute. Sex and nudity are staple components of crime series.

But there's actually rather a lot of it... Not nudity per se. Certainly a lot of sex and talk about sex. And almost every panel that has a female character in it simply oozes sex.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Ek Vitki Runoz Writu CaptMagellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Does not compute. Sex and nudity are staple components of crime series.

But there's actually rather a lot of it... Not nudity per se. Certainly a lot of sex and talk about sex. And almost every panel that has a female character in it simply oozes sex.
    Yeah. Also, it's a bit of a subjective question. I don't find it to have that much and certainly not TOO much (I'm not fazed by that sort of thing especially when it's integral to the story), but if someone feels the need to ask the OP's question... then the answer is probably "Yes. There is a lot of sex (if not nudity)."
    "The Way to see by Faith, is to shut the Eye of Reason" - Benjamin Franklin

"Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." - R.G. Ingersoll

BANNED

I actually read a lot of this series, it does feature sex, drugs, crime, etc as much as your typical rated R crime movie would feature. There's nudity, but I wouldn't say anything gratuitous really.

I had to stop halfway through this series because I just didn't get what was going on fully. I just didn't understand it; I don't know if it's that complicated or if I'm just that slow, but I think I'll begin again with it and give it another go.
    Last edited by Flash's Lightning; 04-09-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash's Lightning View Post
    I actually read a lot of this series, it does feature sex, drugs, crime, etc as much as your typical rated R crime movie would feature. There's nudity, but I wouldn't say anything gratuitous really.

I had to stop halfway through this series because I just didn't get what was going on fully. I just didn't understand it; I don't know if it's that complicated or if I'm just that slow, but I think I'll begin again with it and give it another go.
    It wasn't just you, it is pretty confusing. I still don't fully get the ending.

It's mostly not too confusing if you read through all of the trades in one go - but I did need to double-check a couple of details about the end on Wikipedia.
    Last edited by dancj; 04-12-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Yes, things do get progressively more complicated as the series goes on, especially given the brilliant simplicity of those first few arcs. In answer to the original question, there isn't a great deal of on-panel screwing, but it's still a hardboiled series. The tone is consistently seedy and suggestive. Each arc features at least one shirt-bursting femme fatale, except for the ones that center on girl-power-with-thongs. It's a crime series that starts with Hammett and Spillane and then only gets nastier, so not a page of the thing is wholesome...but it's artfully vulgar.

"I'm just fine with murder and violence....but sex? Naked people? AAAAGH"

I've never been really sure how people rationalize that line of thinking.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post

I used to think it was just a certain large segment of the American population that felt this way. Then I went and spent time in a few Muslim countries and saw the same phenomenon. I think it's just conservative/religious societies in general that are okay with crazy violence but get squeamish about people happily making love.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I used to think it was just a certain large segment of the American population that felt this way. Then I went and spent time in a few Muslim countries and saw the same phenomenon. I think it's just conservative/religious societies in general that are okay with crazy violence but get squeamish about people happily making love.
    Which will never make sense.

All of our parents, at some point, got naked and did the dirty.

I will, however, wager that most of our parents have not committed an act of murder.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I will, however, wager that most of our parents have not committed an act of murder.
    I imagine that's exactly why people are more "comfortable" with the latter. It's less real, less relatable.

I like what George R.R. Martin said about that in an interview:

"Itís an important part of human life and necessary for any kind of realistic portrayal. Thatís my audience. Itís a sad commentary on American morals that the sex is the thing that people object to. I find that sad, but it is true. I can describe an axe entering a personís skull and no one objects, but if I describe a penis entering a vagina, thereís an outcry."
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963