Page 40 of 334 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 5005
  1. #586
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Yeah he and Marky Mark are in a movie about body builders.... The are both roided up.... except Rock knows how to cycle them
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  2. #587
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Yeah he and Marky Mark are in a movie about body builders.... The are both roided up.... except Rock knows how to cycle them
    LOL Marky Mark as a bodybuilder. Dude needs alot of roids to make that work
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  3. #588
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,015

    Default

    http://www.wrestling-news.net/wwe-mo...erritory/9105/

    In an update on WWE’s plans for Florida Championship Wrestling, the company will be moving their developmental TV Tapings to the Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida effective May 17th. The WWE have signed a contract with the Full Sail University in order to be the only professional wrestling company running their shows in the facility.

    As we noted on the website previously, there are many in the company that feel with the prospective launch of the WWE Network, potentially between October or December, that Florida Championship Wrestling would have enough time to move to Orlando, where the company originally wanted their developmental territory and debut the show on the WWE Network in High Definition, however what is strange in this situation is that a move away from the Bright House Sports Network wouldn’t make any sense unless they do move to the WWE Network, as BHSN is also available in Orlando, Florida. The company are currently not paying for the time slot on the Bright House Sports Network, which makes things very rare, however BHSN are very happy with the ratings that the show delivers.

    The company have had plans since they ran a TV taping towards the end of 2011 and have booked dates in the building up to September.

    In regards to the reports of Dave Finlay and Terry Taylor being involved with the developmental process, Finlay is currently helping Yoshihiro Tajiri set up his Wrestling New Classic promotion in Japan and working the independent scene, however Taylor is expected to join the company shortly and link up with former TNA Wrestling colleague Brian Wittenstein, who previously joined the WWE and worked under both Bob Ryder and Terry Taylor during his time in TNA Wrestling.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  4. #589
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,007

    Default

    I wonder how common that stuff is for actors who have to bulk up for movies.

  5. #590
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I wonder how common that stuff is for actors who have to bulk up for movies.
    Well HGH isn't illegal.... so if they need to they do.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  6. #591
    on his last warning Ronin1108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So, since we are talking about Rey and failing wellness, just going to point out this recent picture of Rock

    I'm not saying he's taking something.
    But he's taking something.
    all I know is that Vinnie Mac came all over his office looking at that picture LMAO

    edit: HOW F***D UP do you hafta be to make THE ROCK look dis-proportioned?? jesus.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

    "put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

    http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

  7. #592
    Jaw Squad Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Eventually the whole pointing to the audience or whomever angle Sin Cara does will tend to get pretty old.
    You are dead to me, Legato. Dead.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

  8. #593
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This. We dont know the full story so lets not be so quick as to cross him off as another wrestling tragedy cause if thats the case then I can go as far as to say Regal is at risk of ending up like Eddie since he failed a wellness test awhile back or countless other wrestlers who has failed them. I can see the concern but till a full story is put out I'm on the lets not jump the gun option
    Almost forgot, his first violation was some unapproved pain pill when he was rehabbing his knee, like he took it and didn't know what was in it.
    So either it was steroids, or rey is a retard and did the same thing.

  9. #594
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Also, it gets harder after 30.
    He's 40.
    ....
    And actors aren't drug tested.
    And he's bigger then he ever was during his time as a wrestler.
    I'd always heard that power-lifters peaked around 35-40. It's harder to stay lean at that age, but not hard to put on mass. Post-40, you start losing muscle mass (or it gets progressively harder to maintain).

    But, in his defense, seeing wrestlers outside of the WWE environment always is kind of weird. I remember the first time I saw John Cena on a TV show or something, and he looked like a complete freak in everyday life, next to normal sized people.

    But, I still would like to point out that I'm on the same page as you on this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    ah thanks. well I think I will order the new edge blueray. Amazon has a good price for it right now.
    Hope it's good! I'm still mad because I got the previous Edge set, but I'm curious about this one, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I wonder how common that stuff is for actors who have to bulk up for movies.
    Last year, the Oregonian (Portland's newspaper) tried doing an article on actors' fitness routines for action movies, and literally every single actor they tried to ask completely shut them down. Couldn't even get a peep out of anyone. Which I take to mean that 100% of them are doing it, and that no one wanted to have any words on record that they'd have to eat should they ever get busted.

    To put it another way, steroids (or at least HGH) for guys is like boob jobs for actresses: pretty much mandatory in Hollywood.

  10. #595
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    time to retire, Rey
    nah, he can just go back to mexico. his boy konehead runs the biggest promotion there.

    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Sheamus is a capable wrestler, but the size difference makes it very tempting to have him steamroll people. He did pretty much the same thing to Mark Henry a couple of months ago. WWE's just in love with Sheamus' big boot.
    it's hard to make the small heel work. it's human nature to root for the little guy/underdog. i know brianson is the greatest evah and all that shit but it's still hard to make work. to be honest i don't think brianson is all that great at playing the chickenshit heel, but that's just me i guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    ah thanks. well I think I will order the new edge blueray. Amazon has a good price for it right now.
    i have the 1st 3 disc set brand new and unopened, willing to trade it for pretty much anything i don't already have. send me a pm if interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Almost forgot, his first violation was some unapproved pain pill when he was rehabbing his knee, like he took it and didn't know what was in it.
    So either it was steroids, or rey is a retard and did the same thing.
    i remember reading something about he had tested positive for something he had a script for, they asked him to produce paperwork for the script by a certain date while he was overseas(working) and not due to be back before the deadline.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  11. #596
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    nah, he can just go back to mexico. his boy konehead runs the biggest promotion there.






    i remember reading something about he had tested positive for something he had a script for, they asked him to produce paperwork for the script by a certain date while he was overseas(working) and not due to be back before the deadline.
    Could be right, but either way it wasn't steroids.
    Btw, as a side note, a while ago we were talking about Orton and his wellness violations, he actually either has 1, not two, or none, because 2 of the times he got clipped was before the wellness policy was in effect, and the other time he got suspend it was for something weird, like unsportsman like conduct or something.
    On Konnan and Rey, last time Rey was suspened, Konnan was on a Meltzer podcast talking about how it ment he would be going back to mexico "for sure". So, i don't really beleive anything the guy says after that, but he is damned entertaining to listen too. Though im fairly certain he isn't capably of paying Rey the sort of salary he's accustomed too. Nor do i think Rey really needs to be working much, guy is all broken down. And besides, they aren't firing him, Rey is money, like...literal money for them. Though i guess Sin Cara can fill the spot.

  12. #597
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

    it's hard to make the small heel work. it's human nature to root for the little guy/underdog. i know brianson is the greatest evah and all that shit but it's still hard to make work. to be honest i don't think brianson is all that great at playing the chickenshit heel, but that's just me i guess.
    I don't think Bryan being more over now has anything to do with Sheamus being bigger, Sheamus is still popular, the only boos he has been getting are when he's in a ring with Bryan, but i don't think it's because Bryan is smaller, it's because the hardcores got pissed they got fucked out of a match. They chant yes because people chanted yes, they chant daniel bryan in boring segments because he's more entertaining than boring segments. Not saying i disagree totaly, because in general you are totaly right, it is harder to get a smaller heel over, but in this case, it's a situational thing.
    The only thing i can really use to back this up though is that Sheamus spent two months of his title reign fighting big show, and he wasn't getting cheered then, and Show vs Bryan is a much bigger side difference. Show isn't as over as Sheamus, but i think he's pretty over.
    And when Sheamus gets booed and Bryan gets cheered on sunday, that will just be because Chicago has a large smark popular and they have been a heel friendly crowd for a while, plus it's a ppv crowd.

  13. #598
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Could be right, but either way it wasn't steroids.Btw, as a side note, a while ago we were talking about Orton and his wellness violations, he actually either has 1, not two, or none, because 2 of the times he got clipped was before the wellness policy was in effect, and the other time he got suspend it was for something weird, like unsportsman like conduct or something.
    On Konnan and Rey, last time Rey was suspened, Konnan was on a Meltzer podcast talking about how it ment he would be going back to mexico "for sure". So, i don't really beleive anything the guy says after that, but he is damned entertaining to listen too. Though im fairly certain he isn't capably of paying Rey the sort of salary he's accustomed too. Nor do i think Rey really needs to be working much, guy is all broken down. And besides, they aren't firing him, Rey is money, like...literal money for them. Though i guess Sin Cara can fill the spot.
    actually i think it was steroids but they were prescribed to help him heal(what roids are actually for).

    rey would make good money in AAA.



    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I don't think Bryan being more over now has anything to do with Sheamus being bigger, Sheamus is still popular, the only boos he has been getting are when he's in a ring with Bryan, but i don't think it's because Bryan is smaller, it's because the hardcores got pissed they got fucked out of a match. They chant yes because people chanted yes, they chant daniel bryan in boring segments because he's more entertaining than boring segments. Not saying i disagree totaly, because in general you are totaly right, it is harder to get a smaller heel over, but in this case, it's a situational thing.
    The only thing i can really use to back this up though is that Sheamus spent two months of his title reign fighting big show, and he wasn't getting cheered then, and Show vs Bryan is a much bigger side difference. Show isn't as over as Sheamus, but i think he's pretty over.
    And when Sheamus gets booed and Bryan gets cheered on sunday, that will just be because Chicago has a large smark popular and they have been a heel friendly crowd for a while, plus it's a ppv crowd.
    i was speaking in general not really about sheamus or brianson(xcept the part about me not thinking he's great at being a chickenshit heel).
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  14. #599
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    actually i think it was steroids but they were prescribed to help him heal(what roids are actually for).

    rey would make good money in AAA.





    i was speaking in general not really about sheamus or brianson(xcept the part about me not thinking he's great at being a chickenshit heel).
    I just read it was an unapproved pain pill. Well, just after you brought it up, i looked it up.
    On Bryan, that could be solved by working him with a dude who isn't that big, Punk and him would have good matches, and the draft should be coming eventualy.
    Or, yknow, Orton!

  15. #600
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I just read it was an unapproved pain pill. Well, just after you brought it up, i looked it up.
    On Bryan, that could be solved by working him with a dude who isn't that big, Punk and him would have good matches, and the draft should be coming eventualy.
    Or, yknow, Orton!
    or they could've just kept him as a face(preferably in the midcard) let him feud with cody or dolph(and not bury him this time).
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •