Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    People talk about his major improvement , well - i'm not seeing it so far but then it's all squash matches. It's still the same old A-train with the same old sitdown powerbomb finisher although i think he has called it out something else. Can't pick out what he was shouting though.

The only change is the stupid mist claw thing he does after the sitdown powerbomb.

"Ah-ha , i have won , now i spit on my hand and rub it in your face"
    if you want to see the improvement there's literally a shitload of matches available at the push of a button, you're not going to see it in the WWE as long as he's working squash matches against jobbers under that horrible gimmick.

seriously this isn't tomko we're talking about here, his improvement while in japan is not a myth.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Now that you mentioned Tomko , i recall he was also talked of as improving in Japan but he came back worse off than before.

Since i'm watching WWE and not some other organisation , i can only comment on what i see. If he's good enough , he can turn his horrible gimmick around.

With all the talk that WWE is pushing him hard , we'll see how far WWE is willing to push Tensei/A-train/Albert.
    Last edited by marshal99; 04-11-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    if you want to see the improvement there's literally a shitload of matches available at the push of a button, you're not going to see it in the WWE as long as he's working squash matches against jobbers under that horrible gimmick.

seriously this isn't tomko we're talking about here, his improvement while in japan is not a myth.
    this is why i maintain that he should been left off for the week after brock, and THEN debut against someone like Punk (have him in Mark Henry's role now) so it builds up the threat level to the champ.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...illicutty.html

The RAW brand has arrived in Russia and are preparing for the first-ever show in Moscow tonight. As noted before, Triple H was added to tonight's show.

- The return of Brock Lesnar to WWE has people wondering if it will help the career of Michael McGillicutty as Lesnar and McGillicutty's father Curt Hennig were very close friends. As of last week there hadn't been any discussion about pushing McGillicutty but it's said that Lesnar's clout can't hurt McGillicutty's standing with the company.

On a related note, McGillicutty worked his NXT match last night against Tyson Kidd with a case of food poisoning. The match received rave reviews from people backstage including "Road Dogg" BG James. Kidd vs. McGillicutty will air today on NXT.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/..._Bischoff.html

Scott Steiner, who parted ways with TNA Wrestling two weeks ago, has continued to fire off messages on his Twitter account trashing his former employer's brain trust, particularly Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Bruce Prichard. He says TNA is sinking under their watch and their tactics have instilled fear among employees. "Big Poppa Pump" also sounds off on TNA not acknowledging the ratings success of Indian based promotion Ring Ka King, the Abyss brother storyline, Garett Bischoff, cutting costs in catering and more. Steiner says:

With all the media coverage via U tube,http://GQ.com and the 40 billboards of me thruout India covering Ring ka King

Isnt it strange that Tna mentiond very little about it thats bcuz Pritchard hogan n bitchoff

Were pissd bcuz it did so well drawing 14 mill viewers n they had nothin to do with it

U couldnt talk about it at the office or tweet about it.THINK ABOUT THAT! We went to India for Tna but Tna did very lil coverage of it

Bcuz these idiots were pissed they had nothing to do with the success of it..so they tried to bury the ppl who went over there

They tried to bury me they imediately startd beating morgan,they couldnt bury Magnus bcuz

They had sent him home when they first came in,so they startd using him bcuz nxt trip to India

They'll say he cant go ..Magnus is 25 yrs he can talk,wrestle and he looks great why would they send him home for about a year

Oh,yeah bcuz Garrett is 28 yrs has had less than 10 matches has great sideburns cant throw a clothline

And is the future of wrestling Fuck! But the guy they r burying the worst is abyss.fucking why!

They made him take off his mask cut his hair n walk around sayin he is abyss's brother

Which makes everybody look stupid,like we dont know what abyss looks like,what he never took off his mask

Why...abyss has bn there from the begining n is a nice guy...but they just fuck with everybody bcuz they r assholes

As soon as these assholes took over they built up a barrier where u could no longer talk to dixie u had to talk Bruce

We all thought pritchard is a prick n didnt want to talk to him.but those who tried to contact dixie either got ignored or reprimended

Not sure how pritchard hogan n bitchoff convinced dixie to turn her back on the ppl who built up Tna

And listen to the 3 jackoffs that are sinking Tna..wrestling has always bn about ratings ratings ratings

Ratings are like a scoreboard,there isnt one coach that looks at the scoreboard at the end of the game

And wonders who won..and since these guys came to tna the ratings suckd and still do !!!!!!

So was is it so hard to figure out who is the problem

Since they came in ratings are down but costs are up,so to cuts cost in other areas to pay for these worthless ratings killers

They cut the money for catering and we startd using paper plates n plastic.fucking crazy!!!!

Pritchard hogan n bitchoffs tactics were to make everyboby job scared by fn with everybody and turnd tna into a zoo a circus

And just like every good circus u have clowns n midgets ......:..
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I had a dream last night that my indy promotion went global, hired Finlay as an agent and he told me to hire Scott Steiner. I said no then hired Jericho, Regal, & Davey Richards. Finlay quit and Steiner was reported mooning me.

What does this have to do with anything? I don't know.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    People talk about his major improvement , well - i'm not seeing it so far but then it's all squash matches. It's still the same old A-train with the same old sitdown powerbomb finisher although i think he has called it out something else. Can't pick out what he was shouting though.

The only change is the stupid mist claw thing he does after the sitdown powerbomb.

"Ah-ha , i have won , now i spit on my hand and rub it in your face"
    He hasn't wrestled anything longer than two minutes yet. If that's what you're willing to judge a guy on (less than four minutes of ring action over two matches), I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Waste, imo, he's 40 and doesn't have the look they like, won't last incredibly long even if he does somehow get over imo.
    I disagree. He's huge, mean, and ugly as shiz. That's called an old-school heel. Vince McMahon definitely understands that. And his wrestling style isn't dependent on athleticism, so it's not like he's suddenly going to drop off in-ring.

i don't understand why you're linking those matches when he's improved so much since then.
    Maybe because we're not seeing an improvement.

Until I see him actually do anything cool, it'll remain a myth to me.
    Everything burns...

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    Until I see him actually do anything cool, it'll remain a myth to me.
    way to keep an open mind there
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    way to keep an open mind there
    Waiting for him to do something interesting isn't keeping an open mind? Do I have to love him all ready to have an "open mind". So far it's been all squashes and a stupid gimmick. He has done nothing so far to show he's improved in ring or on the mic.
    Everything burns...

you don't want to bother looking at his work in Japan to actually see that he's improved, so I really don't know what other reasons multiple posters in this thread can give you

you don't want to bother looking at his work in Japan to actually see that he's improved, so I really don't know what other reasons multiple posters in this thread can give you
    You're right. I, and a huge majority of WWE viewers, have never seen him wrestle in Japan. He's not going to get over by being good in Japan. He's going to have to actually show those skills here in America. Be it in the ring or on the mic he's got to do something or the crowd will never get behind him. Or do you suggest every WWE viewer watch his Japanese work?
    Everything burns...

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    You're right. I, and a huge majority of WWE viewers, have never seen him wrestle in Japan. He's not going to get over by being good in Japan. He's going to have to actually show those skills here in America. Be it in the ring or on the mic he's got to do something or the crowd will never get behind him. Or do you suggest every WWE viewer watch his Japanese work?
    most American wrestling fans, not just WWE fans, could learn a thing or three watching the Japanese product

most American wrestling fans, not just WWE fans, could learn a thing or three watching the Japanese product
    A lot of things would be different in a perfect world, but until he shows otherwise, he's just A-Train with a (silly) Japanese gimmick. It should be obvious by the crowd reactions he's getting that being known in Japan, wether fair or not, is not enough to get a crowd in America behind you.

Unless you count the Albert chants as getting over...
    Everything burns...

I was just thinking about what a fricken nightmare Extreme Rules is going to be for WWE in reguards to setting up the show and booking.
    First, it's in chicago, so we have the always heel friendly crowd, and WWE does tend to like sending it's ppv crowds home happy.
    Then we have the announced matches.
    1. Cena/Brock. This one isn't an issue in some ways, but is in others. Brock is going to try to be a heel, he kind of has to win, but storywise it makes sense for him to just dq himself beating the crap out of Cena, crowd would be fine with a Cena win that way, and it continues this build. But they want him as a heel, and he's always wanted to be the heel. And the only way he can get over as a heel with this crowd and with Cena as an opponent is to screw the crowd.
    2. Punk/Jericho. Punk's crowd, but imo, Punk has to lose doesn't he? Since he won the last match at mania? That's going to make the crowd very unhappy, add this too the big one.
    3. Bryan/Sheamus. This is the only crowd that gave a shit about Bryan BEFORE he got his main event run. You have a new champ, who is going to be a really shitty situation in a crowd that traditonally doesn't like it's faces(not only Chicago, but a ppv crowd), who is suppose to be going for a feud with ADR(which they apprently just dropped suddenly for this match with Bryan), but is instead having a 2/3 falls match with Bryan, which is sort of the match you would put a wrestler like Bryan in too get him over as a great worker. And they seem to be trying out this angry Daniel Bryan, as opposed to the giant pansy Daniel Bryan thing they have been doing.

So, our 3 big matches are a match where Sheamus should win, which the crowd will really hate because of timing, Punk losing, which the crowd will really really hate, and Cena/Brock, which they might be ok with, but if i was doing that match i would have Brock go full heel by getting DQed immedtietly. Which gets him booed, but it doesn't get Cena cheered, it just pisses off the smark crowd.