Page 155 of 334 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5005

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Could this form of criticism hurt any future main event chances? I'm sure Cena hated the spinner but I dont think he has mentioned anything about it
    Actually I do recall Cena saying it's time for a new belt.

Ironically one of the reasons he stated for not liking the spinner is because it's heavier than most belts. But it sounds like the new one is heavier still.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I don't think so...even HHH has said he doesn't like it and he hears from the talent all the time about how they don't like it
    Punk has been saying the belt sucked since before he got the belt, and it's been 200 days

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Punk has been saying the belt sucked since before he got the belt, and it's been 200 days
    ok...and we all know the big sticking point was the toy deal, maybe the WWE are trying to work with Mattel on it....lawyers have to hash that out and things like that hardly happen overnight
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    ok...and we all know the big sticking point was the toy deal, maybe the WWE are trying to work with Mattel on it....lawyers have to hash that out and things like that hardly happen overnight
    I'd love to see the deal on that, i still find it silly that they have to maintain the current look to keep the deal. DC doesn't not change costumes on characters because of toy deals.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

He couldn't have a 40 minute spotfest.
    Crowd would chant boring.
    Guys made for WWE, just send him back there.
    One thing that ROH has done very well over their entire history is protect the fact that their entire roster is like 5'4". Claudio and Hero being the main exceptions, but whoever has been in control of ROH has made sure that if they're going to bring in someone who is way taller than their normal guys, you're not going to see them standing next to anyone other than the one or two guys they're fighting. Even when Abyss was a lot better than he is now, ROH only brought him in once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair...Morgan has showed he can work with some guys and work long matches. He had a run there where he worked some good matches against AJ Styles , Kurt Angle and someone else. Just because he hasn't done it lately , doesn't mean if you put him in there with someone he can't work a decent match.
    There's a way to make Morgan work in ROH, but it would be way easier to make him work in WWE.

Let me ask a question and answer it.
    How much money did Matt Morgan draw for TNA?
    The answer is none.
    They did use him in the insurance commercial, so I don't think you can say none.

I'd love to see the deal on that, i still find it silly that they have to maintain the current look to keep the deal. DC doesn't not change costumes on characters because of toy deals.
    it's a marketing strategy....revenue by association....kids/fans see performer carrying said belt, they want a replica...now considering how popular the spinner was, that same strategy is probably what kept the deal going for so long

if you remove the spinner, the fans will not see it as important and therefore NOT want a replica

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2557...-returns-to-tv

WWE sent out a breaking news text which revelaed Vince McMahon's return on-camera to WWE television.

The text says on next week's RAW, McMahon will be on the show to evaluate John Laurinaitis' job performance. The text also reminded fans that the episode will be three hours.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2557...-returns-to-tv

WWE sent out a breaking news text which revelaed Vince McMahon's return on-camera to WWE television.

The text says on next week's RAW, McMahon will be on the show to evaluate John Laurinaitis' job performance. The text also reminded fans that the episode will be three hours.
    You really don't have to double post this stuff. Just saying, I would guess most of us read the other threads, so no need to over do it since it isn't huge news.

Though how is Vince going to evaluate Big Johnny's Job if he got kicked out of his job.... I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU WWE
    Last edited by KiFF86; 06-04-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    You really don't have to double post this stuff. Just saying, I would guess most of us read the other threads, so no need to over do it since it isn't huge news.

Though how is Vince going to evaluate Big Johnny's Job if he got kicked out of his job.... I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU WWE
    Threee month rule

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ThreeMonthRule

Vince is still the Chairman, just removed from the day to day operations of WWE tv....at least storyline wise

It's ideas like this that make my head hurt. Isn't HHH, storyline wise, supposed to be THE GUY incharge of WWE? Ok so he's busy with the Lesnar situation so wouldn't it be logical to have Stephanie be the person to evaluate Ace?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Again, Its the three month rule.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ThreeMonthRule

In professional wrestling, anything that happened more than three months ago is no longer true canon.
    Professional Wrestling's version of Negative Continuity and Retcon.
    The unwritten rule states that any events that took place more than three months ago do not need to be considered canon. This creates interesting situations where two wrestlers who were recently at each other's throats are now the best of friends. It also provides a means for the writers to not have to explain radical changes in a character's gimmick (went from a millionaire playboy to a voodoo priest and back again? No problem!).
    Note that this is different from the Seven Year Rule; after three months, the aftereffects of a storyline can be forgotten, but after seven years, the storyline itself can be recycled wholesale.

An example of the rule being lampshaded

Vince always cvomes back when ratings dip, hads done it for years.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...rmination.html

Following WWE's announcement Wednesday that Randy Orton had been suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program, the SmackDown wrestler met with Chairman Vince McMahon, Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events Paul Levesque and Executive Vice President of Television Production Kevin Dunn at the organization's headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut on Friday.

A WWE source described the meeting's atmosphere as "hostile;" it was determined that a further decision concerning Orton awaits. Furthermore, "several" officials are lobbying for his termination as a cost-cutting measure. They feel his lucrative ten-year contract—signed in January 2010—can no longer be justified if he is brought back in a mid-level role.

McMahon especially, is infuriated with Orton, who felt he had matured in recent years. The nine-time world champion's suspension reportedly stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. He also reportedly tested positive for marijuana, which is subject to a $2,500 fine.