Page 114 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5005

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    It's good that he's relevant and interesting, but now he needs to be established in the hopes he can draw money. He has the tools to do such but now he needs the push to get him over the hump that has been his last few years with the company.
    the hopes....

I like Punk, but I won't pay money to go see just him
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    the hopes....

I like Punk, but I won't pay money to go see just him
    I thought about it, i wouldn't pay money to see any one guy.
    Like, love Daniel Bryan, if the match at the next ppv is Daniel Bryan vs Kane Vs CM Punk, i wouldn't buy it in the hopes that the show doing badly makes them take Kane out of the title picture forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought about it, i wouldn't pay money to see any one guy.
    Like, love Daniel Bryan, if the match at the next ppv is Daniel Bryan vs Kane Vs CM Punk, i wouldn't buy it in the hopes that the show doing badly makes them take Kane out of the title picture forever.
    I'd pay money for Punk Vs Bryan....but it would have to be a cage match or an Iron Man or something like that

something I know is going to go at least 15-20 minutes
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I'd pay money for Punk Vs Bryan....but it would have to be a cage match or an Iron Man or something like that

something I know is going to go at least 15-20 minutes
    I'm not sure what kind of match i want next. I doubht it will be an ironman, because the last ppv taught me they will just throw 3 matches on a show with no build, some for no reason, so time isn't an issue. Also, even the hardcore wwe fans who go to ppvs...i don't think they are trained to watch a match that long anymore, could be wrong.
    Isn't no way out a gimmick ppv though?

maybe that commercial is actually acurate. John Cena and Kane fight to get Daniel Bryan off train tracks so they can then beat him up, before he dies.
    WCW.

maybe that commercial is actually acurate. John Cena and Kane fight to get Daniel Bryan off train tracks so they can then beat him up, before he dies.
    WCW.
    Kane: Here, let me untie you. *sets the ropes on fire*
    Bryan: No! No! No!
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Kane: Here, let me untie you. *sets the ropes on fire*
    Bryan: No! No! No!
    It would be a new gimmick, i think. I can't think of a single "Guy we want to beat on train tracks"
    It would also help the fact that it would be another match where the heel gets cheered.
    Can someone tell me the postive of adding Kane? Like, i hate him, so i clearly wouldn't like it, but all over the internet this is getting hate, and the match isn't even announced. So, if one of you more sensible types can tell me why CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is better witht he addition of Kane, i would like to hear it. I won't even argue, i just want to hear something positive, how this makes it better.

I'm not sure what kind of match i want next. I doubht it will be an ironman, because the last ppv taught me they will just throw 3 matches on a show with no build, some for no reason, so time isn't an issue. Also, even the hardcore wwe fans who go to ppvs...i don't think they are trained to watch a match that long anymore, could be wrong.
    Isn't no way out a gimmick ppv though?
    LOL "trained" really because it seems to me most WWE fans are only interested in matches they know are going to go for significant periods of time (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, MITB). One of the biggest mistakes the WWE has made is eliminating long matches like King of the Ring, Survivor Series Matches, and War Games....those would draw money nowadays management is just scared to take that leap.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    LOL "trained" really because it seems to me most WWE fans are only interested in matches they know are going to go for significant periods of time (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, MITB). One of the biggest mistakes the WWE has made is eliminating long matches like King of the Ring, Survivor Series Matches, and War Games....those would draw money nowadays management is just scared to take that leap.
    War Games wouldn't sell, no blood.
    They can't do Survivor Series matches because they don't have enough stars and have to have 2 title matches on every ppv.
    And King of the Ring stopped drawing way back so they took it off tv. Though with 3 hours of Raw, they could bring King of The Ring back easily enough.
    So i don't think it's length of matches, it's other issues. Seriously, War Games would suck without blood.

It would be a new gimmick, i think. I can't think of a single "Guy we want to beat on train tracks"
    It would also help the fact that it would be another match where the heel gets cheered.
    Can someone tell me the postive of adding Kane? Like, i hate him, so i clearly wouldn't like it, but all over the internet this is getting hate, and the match isn't even announced. So, if one of you more sensible types can tell me why CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is better witht he addition of Kane, i would like to hear it. I won't even argue, i just want to hear something positive, how this makes it better.
    Speaking as someone who likes Kane, it's annoying because I just want him feuding with Ryder. Him tormenting Zack was the only good part of the Kane/Cena feud, and should naturally lead to Kane Ryder.

Kane's only good when he's playing a monster. Not the big unstoppable guy kind of monster, but the set you one fire and kidnap your girlfriend kind of monster. And Zack has that lovable loser thing going on right now, just begging to be tormented before pulling an underdog victory. It's a perfect match but WWE is staffed with dumbasses.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Speaking as someone who likes Kane, it's annoying because I just want him feuding with Ryder. Him tormenting Zack was the only good part of the Kane/Cena feud, and should naturally lead to Kane Ryder.

Kane's only good when he's playing a monster. Not the big unstoppable guy kind of monster, but the set you one fire and kidnap your girlfriend kind of monster. And Zack has that lovable loser thing going on right now, just begging to be tormented before pulling an underdog victory. It's a perfect match but WWE is staffed with dumbasses.
    They had the match...
    Kane beat Zack again in a preshow match!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

Former AWA Tag Team champion Doug Somers, aka Douglas Duane Somerson, filed suit against WWE, Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon over the company using AWA footage containing his likeness and matches without his consent. Somers says that he appeared on four DVDs, WWE Classics on Demand, books and other materials but never agreed to do so. WWE owns the AWA library, having purchased it from the Gagnes in 2003 for a seven figure sum.

The matches Somers has appeared in usually involved him teaming with Buddy Rose against Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty in the AWA from the 1980s. Somers is suing for “invasion of privacy, unauthorized use of intellectual property, unjust enrichment, and violation of the Georgia Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act.” The suit was originally filed in Georgia state court, but WWE got it moved to federal jurisdiction.

WWE and the McMahons have filed motions to have the case dismissed, arguing that when they acquired the rights to the library, the intellectual property of became theirs as well to use as they wished. They are claiming that Somers knew the footage was being filmed at the time he performed, was paid at the time to perform and is not claiming copyright ownership and that since they now own the AWA copyrights, they have the right to use the footage.

Additionally, WWE argues that any usage of Somers’ name and likeness were related to telling a factual and newsworthy story, thus protecting it under the First Amendment. They claim that Somers’ “right to privacy” claim is invalid, pointing out that Somers himself describes himself in the lawsuit as a “famous professional wrestler.” They’re also pointing to an old lawsuit filed by Ricky Steamboat in regard to alleged royalties for old video footage, a lawsuit that WWE won, as precedent in the case.

Somers says that WWE’s arguments are not supported by “evidence.”

You can read more about it at Lexology.com
    That's two in a row for WWE.

I think it is funny that TNA is sueing WWE for poaching talent when WCW did the same thing. Company poaching has been going on for far longer then WCW/WWF(E) wars and in far more sports. Remember the territory days? This lawsuit is gonna be huge a waste of money. Like Vince suing WCW for Razor and Diesel there isn't much for TNA to work with here.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-24-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

WWE wins both cases, or loses a settlement case in the second deal. With TNA, they fired the guy and made TNA aware, the arguement is just over them not doing it soon enough.
    WWE might have to pay the other guy for appearing in dvds though.

WWE wins both cases, or loses a settlement case in the second deal. With TNA, they fired the guy and made TNA aware, the arguement is just over them not doing it soon enough.
    WWE might have to pay the other guy for appearing in dvds though.
    It sounds like TNA just wants to block wwe from signing people like Flair and possibly Shelley as well as others.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    It sounds like TNA just wants to block wwe from signing people like Flair and possibly Shelley as well as others.
    I don't think this will block them from signing anyone.
    The only thing that would do that is a deal in Flair or Shellys agreeements with TNA, the court isn't going to do something that keeps the wrestling out of work.