It appears Tommy Dreamer is the one behind the House of Hardcore promotion starting. Its debut show is Oct 6th. Its gonna have a mix of old (ECW) and new stars.
"Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender
Sucks 200 character limit.
Ring of Honor has announced via press release that they are releasing a Best of Austin Aries DVD set. The set, titled "Austin Aries: Evolution Of A-Double," is available at ROHWrestling.com and includes the following matches:
1. Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe (ROH World Title Match)…Final Battle 2004 12/26/04
2. Clip of Homicide beating Aries in Trios Tournament 2005 Finals 3/5/05
3. Austin Aries vs. Homicide (ROH World Title Match)…Best Of American Super Juniors Tournament 4/2/05
4. Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley (ROH World Title Match)…Manhattan Mayhem 5/7/05
5. Highlights of Aries vs. Gibson time limit draw from Stalemate 4/16/05
6. Austin Aries vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)…Final Showdown 5/13/05
7. Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match)…Nowhere To Run 5/14/05
8. Austin Aries vs. Spanky (ROH World Title Match)…New Frontiers 6/4/05
9. Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles…This Means War 10/29/05
10. Clips from Tag Title win…Final Battle 2005 12/17/05
11. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Bryan Danielson & Jay Lethal (ROH World Tag Title Match)...Tag Wars 06
12. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles & Matt Sydal (ROH World Tag Title Match)...Fourth Anniversary 2/25/06
13. Austin Aries vs. Sydal…Arena Warfare 3/11/06
14. vs. Davey Richards…Glory By Honor V, Night 1 9/15/06
15. Clips from Aries & Strong vs. Daniels & Sydal…Fifth Year Festival: NYC 2/16/07
16. Austin Aries vs. Matt Sydal (Open The Brave Gate Championship)…Fifth Year Festival: Dayton 2/23/07
17. Austin Aries vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)…The Battle Of St. Paul 4/27/07
18. Aries return/contract signing at Driven on 6/23/07
19. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong- Undeniable 10/6/07
20. Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 1 in The Best of Three Series)…Honor Nation 10/5/07
21. Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 2 in The Best of Three Series…Chaos At The Cow Palace 10/21/07
22. Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 3 In The Best of Three Series)…Glory By Honor VI, Night 1 11/2/07
I know that there are several indie groups that would love for people to come to them online, but I have to draw the line somewhere. If a company can get on broadcast TV, I'll give them a shot. Otherwise, maybe I'll catch a match here and there if I hear it's really good. But, looking at my own behavior, there's no way I'm following anything regularly online. It hasn't happened yet, and I don't know what could possibly change that.
Nostalgia can't support a company.
Douglas did one good house, he sold like 3000 tickets, the next show did 200.
Old, broken down guys cannot support a promotion, nostalgia is not long term, it's why Hogan doesn't pop a rating or buyrate after his first appearance, it's why Rock, who is currently more famous than every ecw guy combined, was having his appearances on Raw doing a lower rating than Raw did last night against the home run derby.
Nothing's gonna happen without a warning
BTW, a view on this viacom/directtv situation
"From Solid Signals blog:
It's not hard to see that the heart of the DIRECTV vs. VIACOM struggle is money. However, The Solid Signal Blog has unearthed research that really shines a light on why this is happening right now.
Simply put, Viacom isn't making money off ads. Why? Poor ratings. Ratings are down and stock analysts all around the world have noticed. Make no mistake, this isn't a matter of the DVR stealing anything away, it's more simple: people aren't watching. Viacom's ratings are down across the board.
For years, people have complained that the Viacom channels have lost focus and become increasingly reliant on reality programming and reruns. This "R&R" strategy saves money, but it's eventually self-destructive as people just don't tune in to see the same program twice.
So, rather than create more engaging programming, Viacom wants to get its money the easy way, through carriage agreements. Problem is, DIRECTV isn't playing ball. They don't think you want to pay more money for the same old stuff.
Could it actually happen? Could DIRECTV walk away from 26 17 channels of Viacom programming, including Snooki? One analyst forecasted this a month ago. Writing for deadline.com, David Lieberman forecasted that the time could come that Viacom would start losing carriage.
Mr. Lieberman quotes a stock analyst report by Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger, who was absolutely bearish on Viacom. He believes it's very possible that a company like DIRECTV could drop Viacom based on poor ratings. He goes on to say, " If (Viacom CEO) Philippe Dauman can’t extract high-single digit annual fee increases from cable and satellite companies then the Viacom story would unravel.”
That was one report of Viacom's market weakness, but by far not the only one. The Hollywood Reporter quotes another stock analyst who says that there are "concerns related to ongoing ratings weakness" at Nickelodeon and MTV and says that "returning series at MTV are under-performing."
Even The Wall Street Journal has criticized Viacom lately for poor performance. This May 2012 article claims that ratings at Nickelodeon are slumping due to an over-reliance on its fading "Spongebob SquarePants" franchise. Ratings at Nickelodeon are down roughly 25%."
Nothing's gonna happen without a warning