Page 64 of 334 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Shane was a better wrestler than half the roster at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    He most definetly wasn't a better wrestler than Kurt angle.
    But doesn't matter, im against non wrestlers wrestling as often as Shane did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    God, i remember how much i hated that, Shame fucking mcmahon shouldn't be beating up wrestlers.
    On the contrary, before the Kane feud, there were reasons why he did so decent in his big matches.

Steve Blackman - Interference and a half.
    Big Show - Test did most of the work.
    Kurt Angle - Angle was in his third (maybe fourth, I forgot) match that night. He was suppose to be tired... well that didn't go so well for Shane.
    Kane - It's a Kane feud... don't even try to put logic in it.
    Orton - That, admittedly, was stupid, but hey, he got beat up anyway.

Plus, its hilarious seeing a dude one year older than Tommy Dreamer (yeah, let that sink in) attempting a Shooting Star Press, and not land on his head (he missed it, but hey, at least he can say that he could do it).

EDIT: And in the Test/Shane fight, he tried a corkscrew moonsault. Mia Yim, he is not (why did I reference her? Because that's her big match finisher!). Meanwhile, the Leap of Faith: Not much of an elbow, but so much air time!
    Last edited by C-Cool; 05-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I dislike him essentially for a similar reason I initially didn't like HHH back in the mid-2000s.

Worst original ECW champion. I consider him worse than the guys they were throwing the title to near the end, including Steve Corino. He made me not give ECW a chance for a while.
    whoa whoa whoa, what's that supposed to mean?? corino was awesome but dreamer cocked up his title reign. i thought corino & credible both made for better champions than lynn or whipwreck, and had potential to be better champs than rhino or awesome.

damn you KK!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think he had other indy bookings. Davey will be out for awhile due to the accident but yeah ... I think the juniors will get super interesting and competitive real quick.

I'm hoping we get a tournament soon. I'd love to see some Richards/Tiger Mask/Rocky/Devitt/Low Ki/Bushi/Taichi/KUSHIDA/Liger/TAKA etc. craziness. I'm sure they could work some agreements out with NOAH or ZERO1 to beef it up if that want.
    where?? dude was pretty much off the grid and not working any of the well known indies.

BOSJ starts at the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    no.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

no.
    Dude, he jumped off high shit, that makes you a good wrestler!
    New Jack was a better wrestler than half the roster at the time too!

Dude, he jumped off high shit, that makes you a good wrestler!
    New Jack was a better wrestler than half the roster at the time too!
    yeah but he still didn't do enough moves!!
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

yeah but he still didn't do enough moves!!
    He did tons of moves!
    He jumped off at least 4 different tall things, thats 4 moves.
    then he did the angle slam, and he would put a chair in a dudes face and kick him.
    And he would punch, that's 7 moves!

Funny enough, Shane had 2 finishing moves, and a bit of (non-parody and non-weapon related) signatures.

Punch combo (in truth, based on Rocky Johnson's punch combo)
    Float over ddt
    Neckbreaker (sometimes repeated)
    flying clotheslines

And then basic stuff (camel clutch, elbow drops, low blow, Boston crab)

And then the Leap of Faith and the Coast to Coast.

So.. just enough to be an oddly charismatic backyard wrestler. Unique enough to not end up like David Flair or Garrett Bischoff.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    Funny enough, Shane had 2 finishing moves, and a bit of (non-parody and non-weapon related) signatures.

Punch combo (in truth, based on Rocky Johnson's punch combo)
    Float over ddt
    Neckbreaker (sometimes repeated)
    flying clotheslines

And then basic stuff (camel clutch, elbow drops, low blow, Boston crab)

And then the Leap of Faith and the Coast to Coast.

So.. just enough to be an oddly charismatic backyard wrestler. Unique enough to not end up like David Flair or Garrett Bischoff.
    And bad enough at creative that everyone who has quit wwe who worked when he was there said he never had a single good idea.

And bad enough at creative that everyone who has quit wwe who worked when he was there said he never had a single good idea.
    i never heard all of that.

anyways i wasn't trying to shit on shane or anything, but the roster in 2001 was pretty solid and i'm pretty damn sure he was not in the upper 1/2 of the roster at any point of that year. shit TAKA & funaki were the job boys.

i never heard all of that.
    Yeah, he apprently was the worst ever.

Not exactly a theme. But if I remember correctly, lasts year's wrestlemia free TV airing had the undertaker coming out to a Katy Perry song.
    apparently nothing screams undertaker more than a katy Perry song. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Not exactly a theme. But if I remember correctly, lasts year's wrestlemia free TV airing had the undertaker coming out to a Katy Perry song.
    apparently nothing screams undertaker more than a katy Perry song. LOL
    That's win, i suggest he gets a new theme.

BTW, putting kids in the ring with Brodus is the final nail in the coffin.
    The only thing he had going for him at this point was the girls dancing, and now it's little kids, who don't look like they are having a lot of fun, dancing. This is a house show act, not for tv!

BTW, putting kids in the ring with Brodus is the final nail in the coffin.
    The only thing he had going for him at this point was the girls dancing, and now it's little kids, who don't look like they are having a lot of fun, dancing. This is a house show act, not for tv!
    ah, but house show. Wrestlers/divas sometimes interact with kids at house shows. The fist time they came to my country. Maria gave away a tour t-shirt, and select a kid (like maybe 4 or 5 years old) in the audience to enter the ring, and she gave her the shirt, complete with hugh and kiss. (little lucky bastard. every single male in the audience wanted to be the little kid, and not exactly for the free shirt). LOL