Page 60 of 334 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

WOW, otoh FOCK DA MELTZ. i thought the match was just OK. i would like to give it another watch not on a shitty stream where i can hear the crowd reactions.
    Oh, and on this one?
    I know we already set aside that we think different things make a good match, but if you watch that again and think it's just ok, you are fucking insane.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I would consider voting for jack swagger over everyone running for president, he's an all american american.
    Only if his running mate is the Swaggie. I need to know what freedom tastes like.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Ryback has the potential to not suck. Zeke and Mason Ryan haven't improved at all since being called up.
    Ryback is watchable, Zeke and Ryan largely haven't been no matter who they're working with.

Another guy who should be working with someone other than the guy he's working with so he can show what he can do.
    I disagree.

Here's the point - Cody working with Big Show is valuable experience for someone who might be counted on to shoulder some of the load at some point. Everybody would love it for Cody to start having chances at workrate classics, but in terms of WWE, it's more important for a high-level guy to be able to have a decent match with literally anyone. I am a Big Show fan, but I'll admit he's not the most versatile wrestler. If Cody can get have good matches with everyone, he has a path to the top. Working with guys that are popular, and aren't 100% able to carry the work of a match on their own is a valuable skill.

Also, Cody is showing what he can do in terms of character work, which is also way more important in WWE than flashy matches. Big Show is very capable at storyline stuff, so he's a great guy to pit Cody against.

The Big Show feud is a great stepping stone for Cody. It's something to build on, and there's no point on burning out potentially better matches at this point with him. Kofi Kingston is in a different position, where he's had a million matches against everyone that's at his level, and unless they really decide to move Kofi up, there's nothing interesting for him to do. Cody's got a lot of untapped match-ups left - he's in a good position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post

I disagree.

Here's the point - Cody working with Big Show is valuable experience for someone who might be counted on to shoulder some of the load at some point. Everybody would love it for Cody to start having chances at workrate classics, but in terms of WWE, it's more important for a high-level guy to be able to have a decent match with literally anyone. I am a Big Show fan, but I'll admit he's not the most versatile wrestler. If Cody can get have good matches with everyone, he has a path to the top. Working with guys that are popular, and aren't 100% able to carry the work of a match on their own is a valuable skill.

Also, Cody is showing what he can do in terms of character work, which is also way more important in WWE than flashy matches. Big Show is very capable at storyline stuff, so he's a great guy to pit Cody against.

The Big Show feud is a great stepping stone for Cody. It's something to build on, and there's no point on burning out potentially better matches at this point with him. Kofi Kingston is in a different position, where he's had a million matches against everyone that's at his level, and unless they really decide to move Kofi up, there's nothing interesting for him to do. Cody's got a lot of untapped match-ups left - he's in a good position right now.
    I get what you're saying, but what has cody done in this feud since this feud started except lose matches and be in the ring with big dudes?
    He hasn't even had promo time.
    Im not saying he's being buried or anything, the main event picture on smackdown is sort of full anyway.

They only thing watchable abut Ryback are the awesome jobber promos.... I want a DVD of those
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    They only thing watchable abut Ryback are the awesome jobber promos.... I want a DVD of those
    His squash matches are better than Brodus squash matches.

That's like saying you like the smell of throw up better then shit.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    That's like saying you like the smell of throw up better then shit.
    Nah, his are better for a few reasons, on of them is there isn't the same 3 minute intro every time he comes out.
    The other is every week i get to see him toss some jobber on his neck or some other dangerous looking shit.

I was going to ruin everybody's day by posting Chyna's new plastic surgery pictures, but I'll just link the site instead.

http://www.celebitchy.com/224366/is_...astic_surgery/

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

I get what you're saying, but what has cody done in this feud since this feud started except lose matches and be in the ring with big dudes?
    He hasn't even had promo time.
    Im not saying he's being buried or anything, the main event picture on smackdown is sort of full anyway.
    He had a TON of promo time leading up to Wrestlemania. I thought they did a better job of building the Cody/Big Show WM match than any of the non-main events (better than Orton and Kane, in particular). And he beat Khali (more than once, I think).

There are a few guys who are sort of "on hold," but need to take a step forward. Cody's one of 'em, but he's keeping company with Ziggler and Kofi right now. I like Cody's odds better than the other two at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    He had a TON of promo time leading up to Wrestlemania. I thought they did a better job of building the Cody/Big Show WM match than any of the non-main events (better than Orton and Kane, in particular). And he beat Khali (more than once, I think).

There are a few guys who are sort of "on hold," but need to take a step forward. Cody's one of 'em, but he's keeping company with Ziggler and Kofi right now. I like Cody's odds better than the other two at the moment.
    I mean after mania, from memory to build up for extreme rules, Show came out during his amtch and played a video of him losing, and cody lost a match.
    And they did a back and forth in matches, but i can't recall cody talking once.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Read more careful dude, i said if they kept him a jobber for another year or two he would give up, and they wouldn't release him until he gave up, i don't think he will still be jobbing to brodus in a year, rosters too thin.
    so you think he's getting a push in the next year or 2?? i don't think he'll still be jobbing to brodus but i wouldn't be shocked if he's still jobbing to the broduses of the world.

Oh, and on this one?
    I know we already set aside that we think different things make a good match, but if you watch that again and think it's just ok, you are fucking insane.
    i wouldn't be shocked if i thought the match was better than OK after a 2nd watch, i didn't get to give it my full attention the 1st time. it just seemed very one sided and then kind of a sudden finish.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

with claudio, mox, sandow, and likely hero coming soon enough i think cody better be looking over his shoulder.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

so you think he's getting a push in the next year or 2?? i don't think he'll still be jobbing to brodus but i wouldn't be shocked if he's still jobbing to the broduses of the world.

i wouldn't be shocked if i thought the match was better than OK after a 2nd watch, i didn't get to give it my full attention the 1st time. it just seemed very one sided and then kind of a sudden finish.
    In a year and a half i would be shocked if Ziggler wasn't moved up the card, shocked i say! I certainly don't think he will be losing to comedy gimmicks in that time.

It was very one sided and had a sudden finish, we've seen a lot of cena matches like that, but he really beat the shit out of cena, and then cena clocked the fucker in the face with that chain, it was a brutal as shit match.

with claudio, mox, sandow, and likely hero coming soon enough i think cody better be looking over his shoulder.
    Those guys aren't 2nd generation, they get more chances than other guys.

I finaly watched the iron sheik shoot interview.
    Jesus christ that was the greatest thing i've ever heard.