Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was just thinking about what a fricken nightmare Extreme Rules is going to be for WWE in reguards to setting up the show and booking.
    First, it's in chicago, so we have the always heel friendly crowd, and WWE does tend to like sending it's ppv crowds home happy.
    Then we have the announced matches.
    1. Cena/Brock. This one isn't an issue in some ways, but is in others. Brock is going to try to be a heel, he kind of has to win, but storywise it makes sense for him to just dq himself beating the crap out of Cena, crowd would be fine with a Cena win that way, and it continues this build. But they want him as a heel, and he's always wanted to be the heel. And the only way he can get over as a heel with this crowd and with Cena as an opponent is to screw the crowd.
    2. Punk/Jericho. Punk's crowd, but imo, Punk has to lose doesn't he? Since he won the last match at mania? That's going to make the crowd very unhappy, add this too the big one.
    3. Bryan/Sheamus. This is the only crowd that gave a shit about Bryan BEFORE he got his main event run. You have a new champ, who is going to be a really shitty situation in a crowd that traditonally doesn't like it's faces(not only Chicago, but a ppv crowd), who is suppose to be going for a feud with ADR(which they apprently just dropped suddenly for this match with Bryan), but is instead having a 2/3 falls match with Bryan, which is sort of the match you would put a wrestler like Bryan in too get him over as a great worker. And they seem to be trying out this angry Daniel Bryan, as opposed to the giant pansy Daniel Bryan thing they have been doing.

So, our 3 big matches are a match where Sheamus should win, which the crowd will really hate because of timing, Punk losing, which the crowd will really really hate, and Cena/Brock, which they might be ok with, but if i was doing that match i would have Brock go full heel by getting DQed immedtietly. Which gets him booed, but it doesn't get Cena cheered, it just pisses off the smark crowd.
    I definitely see #3 being VERY detrimental for Sheamus if the crowd responds negatively to him, because it's clear the 'E wants to make him THE guy. Chi-City will definitely sound less hostile than Miami, but i guarantee it will possibly be AS full of smarks as WM was. To me, that's a recipe for doom if Sheamus goes over, espcially if it's less than 20 mins overall.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    I definitely see #3 being VERY detrimental for Sheamus if the crowd responds negatively to him, because it's clear the 'E wants to make him THE guy. Chi-City will definitely sound less hostile than Miami, but i guarantee it will possibly be AS full of smarks as WM was. To me, that's a recipe for doom if Sheamus goes over, espcially if it's less than 20 mins overall.
    My thinking is it's going to be 90% cheers for Daniel Bryan.
    Here's the thing, Chicago is a smark market, ppvs are smark shows. And this isn't going to be the normal, chant sexual chocolate at Mark Henry thing, this is going to be pissed off smarks letting out their anger over WM at Sheamus because Vince isn't going to be there to boo.

My thinking is it's going to be 90% cheers for Daniel Bryan.
    Here's the thing, Chicago is a smark market, ppvs are smark shows. And this isn't going to be the normal, chant sexual chocolate at Mark Henry thing, this is going to be pissed off smarks letting out their anger over WM at Sheamus because Vince isn't going to be there to boo.
    it is not going to be pretty
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it is not going to be pretty
    It actually makes me feel sorry for Sheamus. I mean if one looks at it Danielson isn't the only victim in that WM match. Sheamus has been improving in the ring and I would have loved for him and Danielson to have that good WM match that the fans were denied to see and should Sheamus won at least he won after having a pretty good match. Now it seems the fans are resenting him because of how WM went down, the fact that HHH is his biggest supporter doesn't help either. If Sheamus should keep getting a negative reaction out of it then there is a possibility that WWE will just pull the plug on his championship run.

The Chi fans are going to tear Sheamus a new asshole
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

I was going to say, what are the smark arenas/areas? Obviously London, England, Toronto, Ontario, Chicago, Illinois, I'd say South Carolina is pretty smarkish when they roll through, NY and NJ, Philadelphia...

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    Until I see him actually do anything cool, it'll remain a myth to me.
    He has improved, he's just being limited to the WWE's own generic wrestling style
    Last edited by Legato; 04-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    I was going to say, what are the smark arenas/areas? Obviously London, England, Toronto, Ontario, Chicago, Illinois, I'd say South Carolina is pretty smarkish when they roll through, NY and NJ, Philadelphia...
    Gotta throw NYC in there, Philly, it's actually usualy very hot in northeastern cities, no idea why.
    You would think it's big cities, but LA tends to be sort of a dull crowd.

I hear Montreal can be a pretty smarky crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I hear Montreal can be a pretty smarky crowd
    Well, something like 15 years later they still boo Shawn Micheals.

BANNED

Gotta throw NYC in there, Philly, it's actually usualy very hot in northeastern cities, no idea why.
    You would think it's big cities, but LA tends to be sort of a dull crowd.
    LA sucks generally. Orange County is usually lively if not very smarkish.

Yeah, Montreal and Edmonton can be put in there, Winnipeg less so.

Well, something like 15 years later they still boo Shawn Micheals.
    I've reached a point where I side with HBK in that they need to get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I've reached a point where I side with HBK in that they need to get over it
    I had to watch him cry on the dvd over that.
    Possibly because him doing it allowed Bret to go too WCW and make more money than him to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Bret should have come down and kick Sasso's ass since he's the one with the history with Sasso back in the old WCW days.

And now a break from the daily wrestling routine.

John Morrison/Hennigan wrestling Jessica Alba - now that's HOT !

Attachment 91348

is that really Jessica Alba? and if yes, why is she wrestling Morrison?

I had to watch him cry on the dvd over that.
    Possibly because him doing it allowed Bret to go too WCW and make more money than him to do nothing.
    While I believe it could have been handled on a professional manner I do see where Vince was coming from. The last time someone left the company while being the champion of the company they left that person threw the belt in the trash on live television. Sure Bret had more integrity than that but Vince didn't want to take any chances

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    is that really Jessica Alba? and if yes, why is she wrestling Morrison?
    What John Boy experienced on a daily bases when living with Melina