Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    But wait isn't this set in the 5 years ago period? And doesn't he still have the Clark Kent persona in the present?

I do love this cover for some reason

That cover is amazing.

How many "new" powers does Supergirl have?
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I guess you have seen the art for Super Boy inside the book, it is just so bad!
    You mean RB Silva? I love his work. I have no idea why so many fans are panning it.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I still think this "World's First Superman" thing is going to a riff off the very first "The Reign of the Super-man" story by Siegel. Considering the current relationship between DC and the Seigels I'd imagine it'll have to be a light homage, different names and such, but after seeing how Morrison tried his danmdest in his Batman run to make everything in the past count, trying to do something similar for Superman seems likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    How many "new" powers does Supergirl have?

Im guessing...teleportation!? Also seriously Supergirl is the best comic evar

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I thought they already showed she had different powers? I don't know if I'm hallucinating, but I thought in issue #1 they showed her to have a sonic scream or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I thought they already showed she had different powers? I don't know if I'm hallucinating, but I thought in issue #1 they showed her to have a sonic scream or something.
    Superman has always had a sonic scream and so has Supergirl. Superman used his to faze Darksied out of existence in Final Crisis. Supergirl used hers to stop an earthquake in her old comic. All it is is having super-vocal cords.

"one" of her new powers in the new book is to generate power from her body (solar)

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    You mean RB Silva? I love his work. I have no idea why so many fans are panning it.
    Same here, I really like his simple cartoony style.

But yeah Action Comics is continually exciting and interesting.

And I am sad to not see Giffen in the credits for writing duties, hope it is only temporary.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 04-09-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah...what happened to Giffen? I liked Jurgens's run when I was a kid, but I think Superman's title needs more of the forward thinking style that Giffen brought to the table.
    Which is kinda weird given that Giffen is older than Jurgens.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    But wait isn't this set in the 5 years ago period? And doesn't he still have the Clark Kent persona in the present?

I do love this cover for some reason

Just a weird thought, but this cover makes me ask: Is Superman about to flash Metropolis or did he just flash Metropolis.

Jokes aside I like the look of the cover. I'm looking forward to reading Superman and Supergirl, but AC more than both. This next storyline has me really curious.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the "new secret identity" thing isn't a replacement for Clark but another identity he keeps in addition to Clark. After all, Clark is clearly still Superman in five years, and nobody seems to know except maybe for Lois.

I'd bet that he just starts a new identity simultaneously to Kent, like Matches Malone or Eustace Watson, but very probably less important to him than Kent is.

I also suspect that the First Superman is someone like Hercules, but if it WAS an Ultra-Humanite style guy I'd be intrigued by that too..

SUPERMAN #11

• A powerful and violent being from a different dimension has been mistakenly brought to Earth – and only SUPERMAN can stop it!
    • What is the true nature of SUPERMAN’S costume?
    *yawn*
    How original.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    *yawn*
    How original.
    I'm sorry but I stopped taking the whole originality/rip off arguement seriously after hearing it for the billionth time, originality isn't a must as long as you tell a good story.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Need to start reading supergirl. Where's a good place to start.
    As Reginleif said, this month (next week) is a great place to start, but I suggest starting from #5 because it really develops nu!Kara as a character and sets up a plot that will most likely have some importance later on.

Although, we're getting Silver Banshee this week so that's a plus, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superman has always had a sonic scream and so has Supergirl. Superman used his to faze Darksied out of existence in Final Crisis. Supergirl used hers to stop an earthquake in her old comic. All it is is having super-vocal cords.

"one" of her new powers in the new book is to generate power from her body (solar)
    So. I'm confused. What exactly are all her powers, and are they just going to keep adding them as the story demands? And why does she have extra powers when Superman doesn't? Or does he?
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!