Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 170
  1. #121
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Cannibalized is the proper word, you're a very good example of why you cant wear anything red/black, like Wagners Ride of the Valkyries or collect nazi stuff without some jerk labeling you a nazi.
    Also Rob Halford (who's actually gay), wore leather to look tough and to match the style of old school biker gangs that was also shared by segments of the gay community.
    Which is kinda funny because heavy metal is about as SPARTA! as you can get in music and everyone thought Halford was metal musics answer to Leonidas and Hercules, until 1998.
    Oh, that was you? How is cannibalized the right word when that would mean they feed on themselves?

    I wear red and black all the time because it's a strong color combination and no one thinks it's Nazi inspired.

  2. #122
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Mmmmmmh, Nazi Wonder Woman


    Hot.
    Azzarello, do a mini about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    There are some sick, sick, people on these forums!
    Nah, not really. Hot looking Nazi women fantasies aren't necessarily sick . . . especially depending on what the outcome is. And they make fun villains, too.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    . . . Besides, nazi chic is sexy anyway and should be encouraged to be worn by the female population.
    Then again, . . .

  3. #123
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Oh, that was you? How is cannibalized the right word when that would mean they feed on themselves?

    I wear red and black all the time because it's a strong color combination and no one thinks it's Nazi inspired.
    Then why does that WW cover makes you think she is?

  4. #124
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    I think you misunderstood, cave paintings are more 'advanced' than greek art.
    Did greek and rennaissance art bully you during high school? Whatever, i bet you've never been to a museum about either. I'm suggesting a few of the museums i've been. If you ever find yourself in Italy, visit the Vatican in Rome, the Uffizi in Florence, and then there's the archeological museum and the Acropolis museum in Athens.

    Read about this kind of art, or visit a museum before you start talking about it.


    Damn why did i even engage in this conversation with you? In half of your posts you seem to be trolling. I'm being trolled right now arent i? I mean who the hell disses Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael or Caravaggio?
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 04-10-2012 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #125
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Did greek and rennaissance art bully you during high school? Whatever, i bet you've never been to a museum about either. I'm suggesting a few of the museums i've been. If you ever find yourself in Italy, visit the Vatican in Rome, the Uffizi in Florence, and then there's the archeological museum and the Acropolis museum in Athens.

    Read about this kind of art, or visit a museum before you start talking about it.


    Damn why did i even engage in this conversation with you? In half of your posts you seem to be trolling. I'm being trolled right now arent i? I mean who the hell disses Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael or Caravaggio?
    A Liefeld worshipper!

  6. #126
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Then why does that WW cover makes you think she is?
    It's the context in which it's presented, but her costume's silhouette, boots, collar and armband are all reminiscent of Warrior Woman.

  7. #127
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Did greek and rennaissance art bully you during high school? Whatever, i bet you've never been to a museum about either. I'm suggesting a few of the museums i've been. If you ever find yourself in Italy, visit the Vatican in Rome, the Uffizi in Florence, and then there's the archeological museum and the Acropolis museum in Athens.

    Read about this kind of art, or visit a museum before you start talking about it.


    Damn why did i even engage in this conversation with you? In half of your posts you seem to be trolling. I'm being trolled right now arent i? I mean who the hell disses Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael or Caravaggio?
    I am well versed in Western art, having attended the high school renown for its art program and am currently seeking a B.A. in the humanities. I am sincere when I say, most of the so called 'master pieces' of the Western canon are inferior products. Personally though I would much rather travel to Mali than Italy and bear witness to the great mud brick madras's of Timbuktu and Djenne, unfortunately that area has recently been taken over by rebels

  8. #128
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    It's the context in which it's presented, but her costume's silhouette, boots, collar and armband are all reminiscent of Warrior Woman.
    And what connection is there between Zeus' throne to Nazism?
    (Btw, you really are grasping at straws if you have to drag up a character most people have never heard of to make your point)

  9. #129
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    By definition, they are.
    Don't you see the irony, though? You're saying that fascists are people who insist on "one single interpretation." Yet you're insisting on "one single definition" of the very concept of art. You're inadvertently calling yourself a fascist.

    I get that you're sincere, and of course it's fine that you don't like Western classical art. It's sounds like you have had some good teachers who have taught you to appreciate postmodern art and non-Western art. But to assume that any culture's kind of art--even classical Western art-- inferior on some kind of universal scale is to engage in the kind of absolutism for which you criticize the classical artists. You (or any one person) can't really know everything classical art has meant to all of its creators and viewers, so maybe you shouldn't assume that the appeals and effects of this kind of art are always and only fascist.

  10. #130
    Ek Vitki Runoz Writu CaptMagellan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    It's the context in which it's presented, but her costume's silhouette, boots, collar and armband are all reminiscent of Warrior Woman.
    The context is her sitting on a Greek God's throne with a Greek Goddess and mother of Zeus' child... it's not like anyone is goosestepping.

    This is why I probably don't belong on these forums.... I kept seeing arguments about the boots being "Nazi" boots - to which I'm thinking "I don't get it...No Nazi ever wore pointed boots like that"... but of course I'm thinking real life while the detractors are thinking an obscure comic character.


    As for Red and Black color scheme... I think both Canadian Mountie and Blue Oyster Cult before I think Nazi.

    The metal armband reminds me of ancient European warrior cultures and the collar of fetishism.

    But Nazi... only if that's what you're looking for.
    Last edited by CaptMagellan; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarity on the armband
    "The Way to see by Faith, is to shut the Eye of Reason" - Benjamin Franklin

    "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." - R.G. Ingersoll

  11. #131
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And what connection is there between Zeus' throne to Nazism?
    (Btw, you really are grasping at straws if you have to drag up a character most people have never heard of to make your point)
    Have you not been paying attention? I didn't bring up Warrior Woman, I just agreed with the similarities...and that lopsided eagle throne doesn't help matters any.

  12. #132
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fionavar
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    A Liefeld worshipper!
    LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. ..
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

  13. #133
    Ek Vitki Runoz Writu CaptMagellan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Regarding the Eagle symbol... while I can see a strong similarity between Chiang's design and the Roman eagle... considering the National Socialist symbol most commonly had spread wings (as did most interpretations of the U.S. eagle) I still think it's a stretch to say Eagle = Nazi... especially considering how many cultures have similar eagle designs, including some Greek Urns.

    Hell, if you flip the direction of the beak, Chiang's version looks more like the seal for New Mexico than most Nazi iconography. Not to mention how close it looks to the eagle symbol of St. John.
    "The Way to see by Faith, is to shut the Eye of Reason" - Benjamin Franklin

    "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." - R.G. Ingersoll

  14. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptMagellan View Post
    Regarding the Eagle symbol... while I can see a strong similarity between Chiang's design and the Roman eagle... considering the National Socialist symbol most commonly had spread wings (as did most interpretations of the U.S. eagle) I still think it's a stretch to say Eagle = Nazi... especially considering how many cultures have similar eagle designs, including some Greek Urns.

    Hell, if you flip the direction of the beak, Chiang's version looks more like the seal for New Mexico than most Nazi iconography. Not to mention how close it looks to the eagle symbol of St. John.
    If you don't see it that's fine. We're all here giving our opinions and I've given mine. I'm not trying to force the issue or change your mind, we can agree to disagree.

  15. #135
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Whoever Godwin is, he's brilliant.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •