Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Things that make you go "HMMM"... who is missing from this picture? Why, it's HERMES!.. whom has been here since issue 1! I guess that traitor foretold to be coming up is looking more and more like HIM.
    Or he got stuck taking the picture? ;) eta: He is the messenger, after all.
    Last edited by americanwonder; 04-11-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Ek Vitki Runoz Writu CaptMagellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Unless that girl is BIG, it's too small - much smaller than my 12 gauge. And it has a hammer - looks more like a .22, at best, to me.

eta: also, the sights look like rifle sights, not that used for shotguns. but that's just me.

eta #2: Could be an old-school shotgun (perhaps a 410 or 20 gauge, maybe) from the 1800s, but even with that, I think the sights are wrong.

(yes, I know I'm being nitpicky )
    Maybe there's good squirrel hunting on Olympus.
    "The Way to see by Faith, is to shut the Eye of Reason" - Benjamin Franklin

"Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." - R.G. Ingersoll

BANNED

Things that make you go "HMMM"... who is missing from this picture? Why, it's HERMES!.. whom has been here since issue 1! I guess that traitor foretold to be coming up is looking more and more like HIM.
    Lennox is missing too. Good cover but it's very hard for me to tell what might have transpired or what will transpire. The lightening must represent Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMagellan View Post
    Squirrel?

"... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMagellan View Post
    Just as long as she skips eating the squirrel brains.

http://res-ipsa.the-blinding-white-l...es/001919.html

Veteran Member

At the Chicago convention New 52 panel, Chiang said he's working on #11 now and wasn't sure how much he should say about that--and Azz added, "it gets worse." So, I'm almost sorry to say it, but those who don't like all the shocking revelations may need to brace themselves.
    ( http://www.newsarama.com/comics/c2e2...-52-panel.html , a1 1:05)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    At the Chicago convention New 52 panel, Chiang said he's working on #11 now and wasn't sure how much he should say about that--and Azz added, "it gets worse." So, I'm almost sorry to say it, but those who don't like all the shocking revelations may need to brace themselves.
    Tony Akins is doing the art for 9 + 10 btw

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    I still can't help but think that the new costume makes her look like a Nazi. Sitting on giant eagle thrones doesn't help that.
    Yes, NOT the best redesign when one's mind immediately goes there with the visual imagery provided:

Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Yes, NOT the best redesign when one's mind immediately goes there with the visual imagery provided:
    Nazi Germany didnt invent the eagle motiff, or the colors red and black.

Maybe we will find out they used to EAT the male boys before Hephaestus took them. Or that the reason Diana doesn't remember most of it is because she's one of the amazons that are prostituted in the raids, and then given "special herbs" from the forest of Paradise Island to make them forget. Maybe she's a mom.

How much worse can it get? Is there anything sacred that has been left standing for him to destroy?

BANNED

Maybe we will find out they used to EAT the male boys before Hephaestus took them. Or that the reason Diana doesn't remember most of it is because she's one of the amazons that are prostituted in the raids, and then given "special herbs" from the forest of Paradise Island to make them forget. Maybe she's a mom.

How much worse can it get? Is there anything sacred that has been left standing for him to destroy?
    What if;

spoilers:
    Diana was born a man, and had a sex change?
    end of spoilers

Veteran Member

First, for me, the main thing is for Diana to act like a hero. So if, going forward, she becomes corrupt, vindictive or otherwise non-heroic, that could be bad. Second, about the Amazons, I'd like them to be morally complex rather than simplistically evil--so if it's confirmed that there were no mitigating or even complicating circumstances or even reluctance or regrets around what they did in the past, than that wouldn't be good. (I'm not guessing that either of those "worse" situations will come to pass, though.)

That being said, looking at a different transcript, Azz may have meant something different and innocuous by "it gets worse." Apparently, Chiang had been talking about how he was glad he didn't have to draw 9 and 10, where there are apparently some very detailed scenes; Azz may just have been teasing him about how there will be even more detail to draw in later issues.
    Last edited by slvn; 04-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

That being said, looking at a different transcript, Azz may have meant something different and innocuous by "it gets worse." Apparently, Chiang had been talking about how he was glad he didn't have to draw 9 and 10, where there are apparently some very detailed scenes; Azz may just have been teasing him about how there will be even more detail to draw in later issues.
    This was how I understood that exchange as well; the artist was talking about the complicated scenes the writer was putting in. If he actually intends to build a new environment for Diana rather than simply ruining her old one, he's going to have to pick up the pace sometime.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    What if;

spoilers:
    Diana was born a man, and had a sex change?
    end of spoilers
    Even worse, she once went by the name of Herc. :)

Well, Diana herself is pretty much untouched, which is the important part btw.

First, for me, the main thing is for Diana to act like a hero. So if, going forward, she becomes corrupt, vindictive or otherwise non-heroic, that could be bad. Second, about the Amazons, I'd like them to be morally complex rather than simplistically evil--so if it's confirmed that there were no mitigating or even complicating circumstances or even reluctance or regrets around what they did in the past, than that wouldn't be good. (I'm not guessing that either of those "worse" situations will come to pass, though.)

Is Atkins the artist for 9 and 10? Oh god... Why?