Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    By 'fascist' I refer to the fact that classical art demands one single interpretation. This is why most displays of state sponsored art has historically (in the West that is) have been neo-classical because it displays a clear, concise meaning to the public. True art must be teased, and leaves much to symbolic gesture, not just blunt forms. Basically if I was to provide a brief timeline of Western art; Cave paintings to Norse metalwork would be art, the Greek and Roman stuff is not, the Medieval stuff is, the Renaissance stuff is not, and we do not have real art again until impresionism and romanticism in the late 1800's.
    Have you been in the Sistine Chapel? Please go even once in your life if you have the chance. And when you do, i dare you to tell me that Michelangelo's ceiling isnt art.

I dont know the definition of art, but i'm sure as hell that greek and rennaissance art are way up there among the best. Also, dont forget that greek art is ancient, back from when people were just learning to draw and sculpt things. You can even see it evolve, from rigid and straight bodies, to forms full of power and movement. But you're whining that they werent as advanced as 18th century art. OK....

But anyway this is off topic. I'm dropping it.

As for the whole Nazi thing, i dont see it, but she does look kind of dark. It's that black cape that make her too black to be WW. But if you look at her colours, black is the best fit for her cape. It matches the lower part of her suit. Unfortunately it makes the whole combo too black. But it's just a cover to show her as the queen, i doubt she'll even sit on the thrown in the comic book.

Mmmmmmh, Nazi Wonder Woman

Hot.
    Azzarello, do a mini about this!

Lolololololol!

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Notice where her dagger is pointing? Straight at Diana's throat.

I have to say one thing about Diana's costume. I love the silver accents. The boots seem a little high but the costume itself is quite striking with the choker, armband, braclets and tiara. It makes me think of armor.
    It looks good, but I wish the original owner of that look would come back. ;-)

I wonder if Zola's gun was made by Hephaestus. ;-)

That blade she's holding is Zeus's.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post

Yowza.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    "I hope this new WW book that seems to be so successful and which has finally brought so many people to the franchise crashes and burnes because it's not like the same ol', same ol' that i liked, despite the fact that nobody cared about it besides me and 10 other purists."

How petty of you.

Your comment, sir, is the one that it petty. Resorting to "name calling", are we? I didn't attack anyone personally. I expressed my displeasure for the art and the writing/characterization in a dignified and mature manner. You obviously can't handle that and must lash out like a child in retaliation. It's pretty clear from just glancing over these boards that you're pretty much the pettiest person on here. The fact that everyone must line up for your narrow minded acceptance of this reboot is no different than what you're accusing me of, dear. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by no1wonderfan View Post
    Your comment, sir, is the one that it petty. Resorting to "name calling", are we? I didn't attack anyone personally. I expressed my displeasure for the art and the writing/characterization in a dignified and mature manner. You obviously can't handle that and must lash out like a child in retaliation. It's pretty clear from just glancing over these boards that you're pretty much the pettiest person on here. The fact that everyone must line up for your narrow minded acceptance of this reboot is no different than what you're accusing me of, dear. Good day.
    Dignified and matured is not celebrating a lack of sales. That's petty.

And uninformed too, considering the book dropping in places is mainly due to Marvel's latest event.

Lastly, no, I'm pretty sure there have been worse people than Dr Hurt. Just look at all the people who have been complaining about Wonder Woman getting pants, Wonder Woman reverting to no pants, Wonder Woman living in London, Wonder Woman in a club, people referring to Azzarello as paranoid about a female-only society, people saying Azzarello is trying to demolish feminism, people calling Azzarello the devil, spitting in his name and spinning around three times and saying "Azzarello, Azzarello, Azzarello, I defy thee", etc.

Guys, just ignore him...

I just noticed, Diana is holding the same weapon that Zeus used in her fight against Hippolyta... interesting.
    I'm pretty sure that's the Thunderbolt given to Zeus by the Cyclopes. I like that they interpreted it as an object instead of literal lightning. A weapon with power over the lighting is cooler, really. Cosmic taser spear!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMagellan View Post
    Zeus' thunderbolt methinks. I like how Azz/Chiang have in in a spear-like form as spears were a pan Indo-European symbol of sovereignty.
    Aw, beat me to it.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Hot.
    Argh Nazi Wonder Woman is so wrong... and yes... hot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Lastly, no, I'm pretty sure there have been worse people than Dr Hurt. Just look at all the people who have been complaining about Wonder Woman getting pants, Wonder Woman reverting to no pants, Wonder Woman living in London, Wonder Woman in a club, people referring to Azzarello as paranoid about a female-only society, people saying Azzarello is trying to demolish feminism, people calling Azzarello the devil, spitting in his name and spinning around three times and saying "Azzarello, Azzarello, Azzarello, I defy thee", etc.
    He made himself the god of war, he has only himself to blame
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Have you been in the Sistine Chapel? Please go even once in your life if you have the chance. And when you do, i dare you to tell me that Michelangelo's ceiling isnt art.

I dont know the definition of art, but i'm sure as hell that greek and rennaissance art are way up there among the best. Also, dont forget that greek art is ancient, back from when people were just learning to draw and sculpt things. You can even see it evolve, from rigid and straight bodies, to forms full of power and movement. But you're whining that they werent as advanced as 18th century art. OK....

But anyway this is off topic. I'm dropping it.
    I think you misunderstood, cave paintings are more 'advanced' than greek art.

If you could date either Zola, WW, or Strife which one would you date?

For me; Strife > Zola > WW. I would so date Strife...she is my waifu
    WW>Hermes>all

what is that?
    Sometimes, I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

any art that attempts to imitate or present an idealized form of the human figure is in fact an emissary of fascism.
    Then I read stuff like this. Oh, you wonderful troll.

Hot.

There are some sick, sick, people on these forums!
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Veteran Member

With the solicit for number 11 suggesting that the book may be getting around to more directly addressing some of the questions raised by #1, it may be time to look again at what the oracles said:

"There is a storm gathering just beyond the horizon and the one responsible shall rule in fire....It wears a crown of thorns [Diana, in her tiara, is shown head-butting a centaur at this point] and a cape of blood, flowing from its shoulders [in the next panel, Diana is shown with red motion lines near her shoulders] onto a naked woman at her feet. [The feet are] bare, like the woman."

So I'm wondering if Wonder Woman is the one who "shall rule in fire." This may be the "hideous truth," though ruling in fire isn't necessarily a bad thing; maybe its the fire of truth and purgation, and maybe she's going to shake up Olympus in a way that will look like total destruction to some of the Olympians, but for the sake of good. On the cover of 11, she's already got a cape flowing from her shoulders, and those laurel coming out of her tiara could be what the oracles were calling "a crown of horns." She just needs to lose her boots. The naked woman at her feet could be Zola in labor.

The oracles also say "your father has abandoned fate to someone who can blow away the smoke if they choose to." This could also be Diana; maybe by undergoing symbolic death in her journey through the underworld, she has become enlightened and is able to dispel the metaphorical "smoke" that was keeping her and others from seeing things clearly. (I thought before that her blowing on the torch to light the pyres in issue 3 could tie into this part of the prophecy.)

Then, of course, they say "[Sh]eeee will kill one of you...One of you father's children will murder another and take their place....It's what your father wants." (The "Sh" in "sheee" is actually spoken by Zola but seems to blend into what the oracles are saying.] So, does Zeus want Diana to kill Apollo and take his self-appointed place as Zeus' heir? It could be the other way around, but not if you read the pronoun before "will kill one of you" as "she."

Maybe Diana is supposed to kill Zola's child? If the child is Zeus reincarnated, maybe Zeus is trying to escape the burdens of kingship and eternal life, and he has become an infant again so he can be killed once and for all? That Diana is "destined" to commit patricide, and kill her friend's child whom she has dedicated herself to protecting, would be a really hideous truth.
    Last edited by slvn; 04-10-2012 at 07:00 AM.