Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 170
  1. #61
    Senior Member Zagreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Looks great. Diana, Queen of Olympus.

  2. #62

    Default

    Gorgeous! Now that's more like it

    Quote Originally Posted by no1wonderfan View Post
    Actually, I am extremely displeased with both the writing and the art. I find the artwork too "cartoony" and simple. In my opinion, they're one of the worst of the 52. Covers for Batwoman, Batgirl, Detective, Action, Aquaman, Birds of Prey, Justice League and many others are far superior.

    I am happy to see that the book fell 10 spots in the last month's sales. It went from #15 to #25 so clearly many others are just as unhappy.


    Hopefully Azzarello will move on soon and someone else can try to repair this damage.
    You're stuck with him until the next reboot.

    IGN: So I assume you're still going to be on Wonder Woman for the foreseeable future?

    Azzarello: Yeah, I have no plans to leave anytime soon. We have a long story we're telling with her.
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1222554p1.html
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Or... I dunno. Wish that Avengers vs. X-Men didnt exist. Because thats really why many books dropped from their standings.
    Thank you. If anyone is interested, I posted her actual sales numbers in the sales thread. Guess what? She is still selling over 50,000, and she dropped the same amount in numbers (2,000 - 4,000) as Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing and other big DC sellers. The change in placement is likely due to Marvel starting a big event and releasing a couple #1s.
    Last edited by MuhollandDriver; 04-09-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    By 'fascist' I refer to the fact that classical art demands one single interpretation. This is why most displays of state sponsored art has historically (in the West that is) have been neo-classical because it displays a clear, concise meaning to the public. True art must be teased, and leaves much to symbolic gesture, not just blunt forms. Basically if I was to provide a brief timeline of Western art; Cave paintings to Norse metalwork would be art, the Greek and Roman stuff is not, the Medieval stuff is, the Renaissance stuff is not, and we do not have real art again until impresionism and romanticism in the late 1800's.
    Sounds like you're demanding one single definition of art. But I won't call you a fascist.

  5. #65
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Sounds like you're demanding one single definition of art. But I won't call you a fascist.
    By definition, they are.

  6. #66
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    I still can't help but think that the new costume makes her look like a Nazi. Sitting on giant eagle thrones doesn't help that.
    Maybe she needs one of those Hitler moustaches . . . or change her outfit to this:




    I'm not really getting that vibe myself, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Is it possible to keep a comic book character eternally preggers? Because I want a pregant Zola with shotgun and 3-wolf moon shirt to be her constant look while she branches out and claims dominion over the rest of the DCNU.
    Well, with Zeus as a daddy, who knows if the traditional nine month period still applies . . . could be a lot quicker or a lot longer when you mix mortals and gods. (And what will her labor be like?!? )

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. Most probably are.

    'Doesn't change the fact that if you use red/black/white colour schemes, with Imperial Roman-esque Eagles and Laurels, it comes off like the Third Empire (to me).

    It's like how in Northern Ontario there's a town named Swastika. And no one in the town wants to change the name and they go on about how the town was named years and years before the Nazi movement (and I agree with them). But they need to understand how the word has inescapable Nazi connotations, and they're going to need to be able to laugh it off.

    As an aside, I also feel DC United kits look Nazi-esque, so I'm fully willing to admit the problem is with me. (Seriously though, they play in black uniforms with red armbands made by Adidas, their crest is an eagle with it's wings raised, and they've got a big Volkswagen sponsorship on their chest. They look like Nazis.)
    By that line of reasoning I wonder if you think Superman is a white supremacist?

  8. #68

    Default

    Also, that cover is fierce. I couldn't love it more.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. Most probably are.

    'Doesn't change the fact that if you use red/black/white colour schemes, with Imperial Roman-esque Eagles and Laurels, it comes off like the Third Empire (to me).

    It's like how in Northern Ontario there's a town named Swastika. And no one in the town wants to change the name and they go on about how the town was named years and years before the Nazi movement (and I agree with them). But they need to understand how the word has inescapable Nazi connotations, and they're going to need to be able to laugh it off.

    As an aside, I also feel DC United kits look Nazi-esque, so I'm fully willing to admit the problem is with me. (Seriously though, they play in black uniforms with red armbands made by Adidas, their crest is an eagle with it's wings raised, and they've got a big Volkswagen sponsorship on their chest. They look like Nazis.)

    Attachment 91309
    Is it possible you're pulling a Glenn Beck and seeing Nazis everywhere? I have to admit, I'm not catching the vibe myself.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe she needs one of those Hitler moustaches . . . or change her outfit to this:




    I'm not really getting that vibe myself, though.
    The silhouette, boots, collar and armband are all reminiscent of the current WW.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    The silhouette, boots, collar and armband are all reminiscent of the current WW.
    If you say so.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    If you say so.
    You honestly don't see it?

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    You honestly don't see it?
    All I see is some buff Nazi chick with giant boobs wearing black.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

  14. #74
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    All I see is some buff Nazi chick with giant boobs wearing black.
    Okay, I'm not here to convince you. The similarities are obvious to me though.





    The color scheme and pointy boots are more than enough.

  15. #75
    Senior Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Okay, I'm not here to convince you. The similarities are obvious to me though.
    Because you want them to be.

    The color scheme and pointy boots are more than enough.
    Now you're reaching. If you're gonna put this WW on the visual level of a Nazi, maybe you should wait until she's actually sporting a swastika.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

    Oscar Wilde

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •