Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Wonder Woman #11 Cover + Solicit

Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art and cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    1:25 B&W Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG

On sale JULY 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    • A new story begins as APOLLO makes his play for ZEUS’S throne – and WONDER WOMAN is the last obstacle in his way!
    • As ZOLA goes into labor, a hideous secret is revealed!

Strife's back, this makes me very happy indeed. But wow... Apollo makes a play for the throne? Zola in labor? Does time in the Underworld pass differently? I'm thinking so seeing as how much Zola's hair has grown. It feels like everythings happening so damned quickly!

Beautiful cover as usual from Cliff Chiang, and it's awesome to see Diana rocking the cape look, I've always thought she's suited a cape.

That cover is fantastic as usual. Is that three wolf moon on Zola's shirt?
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    That cover is fantastic as usual. Is that three wolf moon on Zola's shirt?
    God, I hope so.

I still can't help but think that the new costume makes her look like a Nazi. Sitting on giant eagle thrones doesn't help that.

Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    I still can't help but think that the new costume makes her look like a Nazi. Sitting on giant eagle thrones doesn't help that.
    I don't think that the costume makes her look like a Nazi, but when I saw the stone eagle she was sitting on, that is where my mind went.

Anyways, love this cover!

BANNED

this from someone who has a picture of a Soviet Spy/Assassin (fictional or not doesnt matter) as there profile picture

BANNED

I can see how you'd say that. It's the color combination, but those pointy Stormtrooper boots have gotta have something to do with it too. Because they look like rain gear she'd seem more at home in black leather trench than a cape.

Is that Strife's only outfit? I wish she could evolve like Zola.

BANNED

You do realize that the eagle was one of Zeus' animal symbols?
    And that Nazis generally cannibalized everything in symbolism that would denote strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You do realize that the eagle was one of Zeus' animal symbols?
    And that Nazis generally cannibalized everything in symbolism that would denote strength?
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. Most probably are.

'Doesn't change the fact that if you use red/black/white colour schemes, with Imperial Roman-esque Eagles and Laurels, it comes off like the Third Empire (to me).

It's like how in Northern Ontario there's a town named Swastika. And no one in the town wants to change the name and they go on about how the town was named years and years before the Nazi movement (and I agree with them). But they need to understand how the word has inescapable Nazi connotations, and they're going to need to be able to laugh it off.

As an aside, I also feel DC United kits look Nazi-esque, so I'm fully willing to admit the problem is with me. (Seriously though, they play in black uniforms with red armbands made by Adidas, their crest is an eagle with it's wings raised, and they've got a big Volkswagen sponsorship on their chest. They look like Nazis.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X10055_adidas_DC_United_Home_Jersey_2012.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	91309

BANNED

'Doesn't change the fact that if you use red/black/white colour schemes, with Imperial Roman-esque Eagles and Laurels, it comes off like the Third Empire (to me).

It's like how in Northern Ontario there's a town named Swastika. And no one in the town wants to change the name and they go on about how the town was named years and years before the Nazi movement (and I agree with them). But they need to understand how the word has inescapable Nazi connotations, and they're going to need to be able to laugh it off.

As an aside, I also feel DC United kits look Nazi-esque, so I'm fully willing to admit the problem is with me. (Seriously though, they play in black uniforms with red armbands made by Adidas, their crest is an eagle with it's wings raised, and they've got a big Volkswagen sponsorship on their chest. They look like Nazis.)
    By that line of reasoning I wonder if you think Superman is a white supremacist?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X10055_adidas_DC_United_Home_Jersey_2012.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	91309
    Is it possible you're pulling a Glenn Beck and seeing Nazis everywhere? I have to admit, I'm not catching the vibe myself.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Yes, NOT the best redesign when one's mind immediately goes there with the visual imagery provided:

Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Yes, NOT the best redesign when one's mind immediately goes there with the visual imagery provided:
    Nazi Germany didnt invent the eagle motiff, or the colors red and black.

Veteran Member

Cool that she still has the lasso. She didn't seem to have it on the cover for #10, and I was afraid she might have had to leave it in hell.

Nice that we seem to be getting to the resolution of some of the mysteries set up by #1. I wonder if Apollo will interpret the oracles (who said that Zeus planned for one of Zeus' children to murder another and take their place) as meaning that that he is destined to murder Wonder Woman and "take her place" on the throne.

If she really is on the throne, how did she get there? By being reborn more powerful and more regal after "dying" in hell? And will she now be able to restore the Amazons?

If Strife is really by Diana's side, I wonder what happened to cause that? She was pretty much vowing vengeance when we last saw her, wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    It feels like everythings happening so damned quickly!
    I know what you mean, but it's funny to see your sentence after so many people after complained about decompression and slow pace.
    Beautiful cover as usual from Cliff Chiang
    Agreed.