Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    Claremont was actually runner-up for worst writer in 2009. Evidently X-posters are merciful and forgiving, as that didn't seem to drag him down at all in the eyes of the voters here.
    Maybe in a poll for the last decade, but certainly not if we're talking All-Time.

As of Nov 2009 (Top 5 with 1 to 5 points):
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...nt)&highlight=
    The results so far:

1. Chris Claremont - 117 points (32 votes)

2. Grant Morrison - 108 points (30 votes)

3. Mike Carey - 69 points (24 votes)

4. Peter David - 64 points (19 votes)

5. Joss Whedon - 50 points (15 votes)

6. Kyle/Yost - 41 points (15 votes)

7. Fabian Nicieza - 37 points (11 votes)

8. Scott Lobdell - 30 points (14 votes)

9. Joe Kelly - 28 points (10 votes)

10. Stan Lee - 20 points (8 votes)

11. Brian K. Vaughan - 13 points (5 votes)

12. Weir/De Filippis tie with Peter Milligan - 10 points (4 votes each)

14. Warren Ellis - 10 points (3 votes)

15. Matt Fraction - 8 points (2 votes)

16. Steve Seagle - 6 points (3 votes)

17. Howard Mackie - 6 points (2 votes)

18. Joe Casey - 5 points (3 votes)

19. Jack Kirby tie with Rob Liefeld - 4 points (1 vote each)

21. Terry Kavanagh tie with Zeb Wells tie with Chuck Austen - 3 points (1 vote each)

24. Mark Millar tie with Bill Mantlo tie with Ben Raab - 2 points (1 vote each)

27. Alan Davis tie with Kieron Gillen tie with Ed Brubaker tie with Jeph Loeb - 1 point (1 vote each)

Can't wait to see how far Whedon falls, with critical retrospection in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Can't wait to see how far Whedon falls, with critical retrospection in full swing.
    Much as I like him in TV, I hope he falls outside the Top 10. But I'm not holding my breath. As long as PAD stays ahead of him and in the Top 5, all will be right with the world.
    Last edited by passer-by; 05-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Much as I like him in TV, I hope he falls outside the Top 10.
    I'd put him behind Ben Raab.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I'd put him behind Ben Raab.
    Duh. The Crimson Dawn mini alone trumps the entirety of Whedons Astonishing run...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Duh. The Crimson Dawn mini alone trumps the entirety of Whedons Astonishing run...
    Post more.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I honestly can't express my joy over the fact I'm not the only one to hate Whedons Astonishing.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I honestly can't express my joy over the fact I'm not the only one to hate Whedons Astonishing.
    I wouldn't say I hated it, I just found it overhyped and mediocre.

That, and I have what some would call "bad taste" in comics...

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    *big list*
    Milligan is criminally low, and I think KY (jelly) are too high, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cody View Post
    I felt that Fraction had a pretty thankless job, tbh. Every other X-Writer at the time had 5-7 regular characters they could focus on more or less exclusively, while the guy on the flagship title got the unspoken expectation of giving page time to the other 100 or so mutants on Utopia.

That said, I didn't vote for him. The caption boxes drove me up the wall.
    Yes, I feel for him too.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

21st Place: Nunzio DeFilippis and Christine Weir (27 Points)
    he

DeFilippis and Weir were brought in to create a new teen book during Morrison's run. In doing so they created most of the "New X-Men" including fan favorites Pixies, Anole, Rockslide, and Hellion. The overpopulated school was divided into squads and the two featured squads were, go figured, New Mutants and Hellions. Dani Moonstar taught the NM and Emma Frost the Hellions. The book had a cult following for the teen angst books. The also wrote a Hellions mini series and the tie-ins to House of M. The pair was quickly taken off the book post House of M.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I'm happy they could at least beat Fraction. I was worried since they were on a more obscure title, but their impact can't be denied, what with creating an entire new generation of X-people and all, and I've always been a fan of cult classics. I still kind of feel they were screwed over, not being able to do anything but watch as their creation did a complete tonal 180 (with various plot developments that seemed designed to insult them, to boot), but it's not like it's the same level of over-screwage as some of the Golden Age guys like Bill Finger, who lost the right to even have their name on their character.
    Last edited by Probably_not_a_Nurgling; 05-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

20th Place: Brian K. Vaughan (28 Points)

BKV has only slightly touched upon the X-World. But still did so in style. He contributed to mini series, but his main contributions were Ultimate X-Men and Mystique. BKV took over Ultimate X-Men post Bendis. His run is my personal favorite on the book, which I wasn't a fan. That said I think Magnetic North, his final arc, is one hell of an X-Men story. But his real contribution was in a little title called Mystique. It gave the fan favorite villain her own series in a 007 type fashion. BKV only stayed on the series for 13 of the 24 issues.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I've only had a pittance of experience with Mystique (dipping into it to track down obscure one-issue mutants for WBE), but I got the distinct impression, helped the popularity of Shortpack around here, that it's a really good book. The entire series is on Digital, so if I renew my account I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    I'm happy they could at least beat Fraction. I was worried since they were on a more obscure title, but their impact can't be denied, what with creating an entire new generation of X-people and all, and I've always been a fan of cult classics. I still kind of feel they were screwed over, not being able to do anything but watch as their creation did a complete tonal 180 (with various plot developments that seemed designed to insult them, to boot), but it's not like it's the same level of over-screwage as some of the Golden Age guys like Bill Finger, who lost the right to even have their name on their character.
    Ah, yes...editorial going from "You can't have someone die in a kids book!" to blowing up a third of the student body for angst. Oi. Also wasn't a fan of N&C not being able to say Anole was gay in the Northstar memorial issue, but Kyle and Yost being able to out him as a one-liner. On the plus side, their work on New Mutants/Academy X meant I started reading their Oni stuff, which is pretty aces.