Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

28th Place: Victor Gishler (11 Points)

Vampire lover and writer of X-Men team-up, I mean adjectiveless X-Men. Brought Jubilee into the spotlight and then made her a vampire... Also, Deadpool Corps.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    Also, poor Hine, I was his only vote. At least he made it above Austen...
    And for that, thank you. I really enjoyed Hine's writing on Strange Embrace, Bulletproof Coffin, etc. but I just couldn't vote for his X-Men stuff as a favorite (even if I did like District X quite a bit).

27th Place: Ed Brubaker (13 Points)

Bru took over writing Uncanny X-Men after Storm was married off to Black Panther and Claremont was shipped back to tie-ins. Bru started with a mini series which debuted Vulcan the third Summers brother. He also created Darwin who was used in the First Class film. Bru's run had mixed reviews; it wasn't as praised as his solo work, specifically Captain America. Little did fans know that he left the book would go from the frying pan into the fire with Fraction.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Little did fans know that he left the book would go from the frying pan into the fire with Fraction.
    And yet he (apparently) got less votes than Fraction...

And yet he (apparently) got less votes than Fraction...
    I know, Scary right?
    My Canon > Your Canon

And speaking of Fraction, or rather, his successor, am I the only one who thinks Gillen's going to take third? Nearly everyone voted for him in some capacity, and he was often in the top five.

26th Place: Larry Hama (16 Points)

Larry Hama is consider one of the greatest Wolverine writers. He wrote his solo title almost consecutively from issue 31 to 118. During his run we saw the rise of the Wolverine and Jubilee relationship, his metal skeleton ripped from his body, to bone claws being broken, to killing Cable's son. Hama is also considered the worst writer of Generation X. He took over shortly after Lobdell left and drove the series quality drastically down.
    My Canon > Your Canon

And speaking of Fraction, or rather, his successor, am I the only one who thinks Gillen's going to take third? Nearly everyone voted for him in some capacity, and he was often in the top five.
    All I can say is I was SHOCKED at the popularity of Gillen.
    My Canon > Your Canon

25th Place: John Francis Moore (20 Points)

Moore had brief run on X-Factor which lead into Factor X, the AoA version of the title. He also wrote and created the X-Men 2099 series. However is most popular work was his lengthy run on X-Force with artist Adam Polina and Jim Chueng. He wrote the title during their Road Trip era which is a favorite on CBR.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I've never actually read anything 2099, but I liked the concept growing up, and I was bummed to, later in life, discover not only that the entire line had been canceled, but that it had been relegated to "alternate universe" status, and thus it was not, as Legion of Superheroes is, the canon future.

26th Place: Larry Hama (16 Points)

Larry Hama is consider one of the greatest Wolverine writers. He wrote his solo title almost consecutively from issue 31 to 118. During his run we saw the rise of the Wolverine and Jubilee relationship, his metal skeleton ripped from his body, to bone claws being broken, to killing Cable's son. Hama is also considered the worst writer of Generation X. He took over shortly after Lobdell left and drove the series quality drastically down.
    Hama's run on Wolverine is one of my favourite runs of all time. As for Gen X, the only issues of that I ever read were the ones that launched it during the Phalanx Covenant.
    current top5 - The Unwritten, X-factor, The Walking Dead, WATXM, Amazing Spiderman

"You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a F***ing challenge" Introdiction - Scroobius Pip

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAural View Post
    Hama's run on Wolverine is one of my favourite runs of all time. As for Gen X, the only issues of that I ever read were the ones that launched it during the Phalanx Covenant.
    The Phalanx stuff was Lobdell and was great.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Sorry for the delay guys. I will TRY to get some more up tomorrow!
    My Canon > Your Canon

24th Place: Marjorie Liu (21 Points)

Liu joined the comic world a few years ago co-writing Dark Wolverine with Daniel Way. The series took Wolverine's son Daken from Wolverine Origins and gave him his own solo book. While Daken was not popular during his tenure in Origins, when Liu joined in writing duties his popularity grew. During a Wolverine line revamp, X-23, also got her own series written by Liu. Liu's popularity grew and when both books got cancelled Liu was placed on Astonishing X-Men. Liu has been a cult favorite with growing popularity.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 05-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Liu has been a cult favorite with growing popularity.
    And durn cute besides!