Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

I am hoping for no more reboots ever. Maybe a small retcon would be okay but not history changing. To me, this run is setting up Wonder Woman as some furtile ground to build stories from just from what we have so far. Diana is a much larger family. Dangerous even. But I really am hoping that eventually she returns to Paradise Island. Even though its not a paradise currently, I think it would be an amazing overall arc to rebuild it as a true paradise. One thing that gets overlooked about love and compassion is the ability to forgive and accept. That doesn't mean to allow the past to dictate the future. After all, if Diana can't truly turn her home into a paradise, what chance does she have of doing the same in the outside world? Isn't that what she ultimately is fighting for? A better life for all? So that's some great stuff there. Of course some supervillainy in the process.

Afraid I will have to disagree about her current supporting cast. I don't see most of it as permanent fixtures in her life. Hermes may be her closest ally among the gods. And that may not be true at all. Lennox I see as coming and going as the need arises. Zola just doesn't feel like a permanent fixture. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't survive when you consider she's caught between a family feud of the gods. I think Steve and Etta are her main supportive cast and we'll eventually get them into the title. I would also include her mother but there is some real conflict there that will have to be dealt with. But I do think Zola, Lennox and Hermes are the beginnings of the appearence of a much larger cast to draw on. Plus Strife is just too much fun to ever not go to the party whenever she feels she's unwanted.

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    I just wish this were not the mainstream--and currently, the only--WW and Amazons we have available.

Dumb question, but how did the new 52 fix Roy? I don't expect Lian is back... :(
    No, Lian is not back. Well, as far as we know anyway. But I will take this Roy over what we got after Cry For Justice any day of the week. So we might be missing his daughter, but he has both arms, he's not back on the smack, and he's not working with Deathstroke. Jason might be a douche, but still. So that's three wins right there, compared to the one con of his not having a daughter. To me that's a fix. Maybe not a perfect one, and his being a single dad was perhaps his strongest selling point as a character, but I think it would be hard to argue that he's not better than he was under the Slade-Titans.

Ah, I wasn't following a lot of that. But hasn't Roy been made into a jerk as well now? It's hard to keep track in the new DCU since so very, very many heroes have been made into twits... (O Hal! How could they do that to you? :sad:)

Ah, I wasn't following a lot of that. But hasn't Roy been made into a jerk as well now? It's hard to keep track in the new DCU since so very, very many heroes have been made into twits... (O Hal! How could they do that to you? :sad:)
    I don't think he's a jerk. If anything, to me it seems he does have a past of a junkie and a screwup. He doesn't have all the tragedy of Cry for Justice but he is a lost soul looking for his place.

Well, admittedly I only read the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws... maybe he gets better later...

Well, admittedly I only read the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws... maybe he gets better later...
    He does. The thing about the first issue of Red Hood is that you only see a couple character traits in the cast. You dont get to see who they are completely, and Roy is no exception.

He's a mouthy SOB, but he always was. But he also risks his life on several occasions for nothing more than his friendship with Kori and Jason. He cares about them, and while he tries to front behind the facade of the jokester, you can tell that he's much smarter than he lets on and his feelings run deep.

I dont think he's as good as he was in Winick's Outsiders (where he was the only consistently good aspect of the title) but he's still been a lot of fun to read about. Its basically the way Roy was back in the day before he grew up a little.

Did they ever explain what the heck was up with Kori?? I know the writer said in interviews that more would be explained but, well, I haven't been following the series. I was frankly much less concerned with the whole sex thing (it still bothered me a bit) than with the lack of sense of friendship and love that used to define her. Did she really not remember her old friends? What was up with all of that?

(Oh, and did they ever say if/how Jason Todd died in this reality? And/or how he came back? With no Superboy-Prime punch and all.)

Did they ever explain what the heck was up with Kori?? I know the writer said in interviews that more would be explained but, well, I haven't been following the series. I was frankly much less concerned with the whole sex thing (it still bothered me a bit) than with the lack of sense of friendship and love that used to define her. Did she really not remember her old friends? What was up with all of that?

(Oh, and did they ever say if/how Jason Todd died in this reality? And/or how he came back? With no Superboy-Prime punch and all.)
    Kori lives in the here and now. She remembers the past but doesn't let it be the only thing that defines who she is. This Kori doesn't mope about Dick because she sees it as pointless since that relationship is over. The three have a great chemistry and I think friendship though I'm not sure they'd describe it that way. And Jason was brought back with the aid of Talia. I don't know how this punch thing figures into things.

But I thought she didn't remember people or something in the first issue when someone asked her?

But I thought she didn't remember people or something in the first issue when someone asked her?
    Which is what she said. But those panels have always read to me as someone who doesn't want to talk about the past not can't remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Which is what she said. But those panels have always read to me as someone who doesn't want to talk about the past not can't remember it.
    The problem being here that her thoughts also show that she apparantly can't tell Jason and Roy aprt.

But, this was also apparantly meant to be a joke. It was just very poorly done.

So... they never explained it, eight months later? And we have to guess from the panels, rather than actually having it cleared up? Don't these people know how to write? I mean, I've liked some of Lobdell's older stuff but... I assumed that this big controversial thing would have been addressed and clarified by now.

So... they never explained it, eight months later? And we have to guess from the panels, rather than actually having it cleared up? Don't these people know how to write? I mean, I've liked some of Lobdell's older stuff but... I assumed that this big controversial thing would have been addressed and clarified by now.
    Maybe you should read it first before claiming they don't know how to write. Nah, that's too sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Maybe you should read it first before claiming they don't know how to write. Nah, that's too sensible.
    How much more do I have to read? I was disappointed in Lobdell's work in his first post-Flashpoint issues. I think something as basic as whether Kori remembers her closest friends or not should be clear eight months in, regardless.

How much more do I have to read? I was disappointed in Lobdell's work in his first post-Flashpoint issues. I think something as basic as whether Kori remembers her closest friends or not should be clear eight months in, regardless.
    Probably a bit cranky but still if you can't bother to read the book then why make such a claim? Not the least of which apparently those aren't her closest friends. The past has changed and really if you think she should know all those people then who is Dustin?!