Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    It makes sense and definitely the way the world works.
    You're joking, right?

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I think the OP makes an interesting point. If your parents are evil scientists, you will be evil (but apparently not a scientist?!?). If they are racists, you will be racists. And if they are evil, then you deserve every bad thing the world has to throw at you as their child. And if we continue this to Wonder Woman, you are the product of everyone on your street. It makes sense and definitely the way the world works.
    Except that it.. doesn´t?

How many cases do you want me to present you of people who were raised by racist people, only to reach maturity and rebel against everything their parents stood for?

EDIT: In fact, I will even raise yo uone.

Which case do you think is more inspiring, the kid who was raised by his goodie two-shoes parents and thus became a goodie two shoes or the kid who was raised by two evil bastards, only to rebel against their teachings and become a goodie two shoes himself?
    Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 04-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    How many cases do you want me to present you of people who were raised by racist people, only to reach maturity and rebel against everything their parents stood for?
    I agree!! Or just plain vast, vast numbers of people who decided they would not turn out like their abusive or otherwise messed-up parents? There's that whole pesky "free will" thing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    The difference of course is that the Waynes hardly get the facetime in the Batbooks that the amazons get on the Wonderbooks.
    Do tombstones count? 'Cause that Bruce hangs out in the cemetary a LOT, moping about how wonderfully perfect his parents were.

Of course they don't get face time - they are BORING. Poor Martha doesn't even get enough face time to even be boring. We only care about them because they are dead. Pretty weak. So, let's liven them up, given them some edge. Gritty Thomas, the Kingpin of Crime!

eta: And while we're at it, I got lots of ideas for the butler, too. Perfectly submissive Alred is BORING!
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Perfectly submissive Alred
    Now that would take the book in a completely other direction... "Oh, Master Bruce, Sir!"

All you people who are hating the current Wonder Woman, remember: it could be worse.

What if they let Rob Liefeld be in charge of Diana, the Greek pantheon, and the Amazons' mythos?

BANNED

Do you guys seriously not catch the sarcasm in Fate Faith's post?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Do you guys seriously not catch the sarcasm in Fate Faith's post?
    Well, I hope they were joking...

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    How many threads about this topic do we need till you guys have sufficiently vented your rage?

Like the always wise Mr. Holmes i am not gonna take part in this anymore. I'll just say this before i leave: Its a god damn comic book, not the end of the world. Get some perspective. If it's a good new take, it will stick and y'all just have to deal with it. If it's bad they ll get back to the same ol' same ol'.
    But this is the WW section of the boards. If they stopped complaining about things, there would be no traffic in this section of the boards at all. I know, lets start a new thread about how its obvious that there is going to be a Wonder Woman movie soon due to the sun coming up. Jokes; theres not going to be a WW film.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    But this is the WW section of the boards. If they stopped complaining about things, there would be no traffic in this section of the boards at all...
    "They"? You do a fair amount of complaining yourself, do you not? How many of your posts have been positive, about something you do like, rather than how horrible "we" WW fans are in your eyes?
    - Longfellow

Superman isn't an alien at all (yesh, who believes in aliens?); he's a biological weapon developed by the US government, indoctrined by top agents "Ma" and "Pa," for the purpose of scaring our enemies into financial slavery (other countries are forced to pay the US by sending all the best basketball players here).

Bruce discovers that Alfred had Bruce's parents gunned down after they fired him for "improper" use of the home computer (trolling on message boards).
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    "They"? You do a fair amount of complaining yourself, do you not? How many of your posts have been positive, about something you do like, rather than how horrible "we" WW fans are in your eyes?
    Actually most of my posts are positive. Its only here we silly self entitlement goes to die, do people constantly have to correct the fandom.

So, while you are in a positive state of mind, what changes (eg, dirt) would you give the other heros of DC?
    - Longfellow

Continues to amaze and amuse me how people continually ignore the fact that Byrne's Kryptonians were indeed VERY morally ambigious, and extremely darker versions of their former selves, then use it as a comparison to how it would trash Superman's mythos like the new Amazons are trashing Wonder Woman.

Its already been done before, folks. To boot, to some critical acclaim at the time and a version that Superman's canon supported for over two decades.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-08-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Continues to amaze and amuse me how people continually ignore the fact that Byrne's Kryptonians were indeed VERY morally ambigious, and extremely darker versions of their former selves, then use it as a comparison to how it would trash Superman's mythos like the new Amazons are trashing Wonder Woman.

Its already been done before, folks. To boot, to some critical acclaim at the time and a version that Superman's canon supported for over two decades.
    Didn't New Krypton story line pull a lot from those early Byrne interpretation of Kryptonians? I seem to recall reading somewhere that that was a major influence on that storyline. I actually quite liked New Krypton era of Superman... It was epic, while still being character centered.