Default Duane Swierczynski Vertigo announcement Monday?

Well, I noticed something interesting on twitter between current Birds of Prey writer Duane Swierczynski and spanish artist agent David Macho.

Solicits might be coming out next Monday (might, as it, there are five mondays in the month, so it may be the monday after next) so it would probably be an ideal time to announce it.

I looked over Macho's bullpen of artists on his site, and here are the onces listed to have announcements coming soon are Fernando Blanco and Juan Santacruz. But there are a handful of other artists it could be (here's the list of artists he reps: http://www.spanishinq.com/)

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I'd totally be down for a Swiercynski Vertigo series. Well, depending on what it is, of course. I'm absolutely loving Birds of Prey, though, so I imagine whatever it is will be good.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Yeah, if it's anywhere near the level of twists and turns he's pulling in Birds of Prey, I'll probably check it out.

Man, Swierczynski is jumping into comics with both feet, isn't he? First Birds of Prey, then Godzilla and Bloodshot. Now this. Just goes to show that writing comics can be a very lucrative job.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Guess it's not being announced today, bummer.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Robbi Rodriguez is working on something, too, with a writer who I don't remember at the moment. Says it's a mix of Springsteen and Vonnegut, which are magic words to me.
    I rule me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Man, Swierczynski is jumping into comics with both feet, isn't he? First Birds of Prey, then Godzilla and Bloodshot. Now this. Just goes to show that writing comics can be a very lucrative job.
    He wrote a Cable series a few years before Birds of Prey. It was one of the better X-books before they killed him off in Second Coming.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    He wrote a Cable series a few years before Birds of Prey. It was one of the better X-books before they killed him off in Second Coming.
    He also did a really neat PunisherMAX arc after Ennis left. Really got to the core of the character.
    I rule me.

Great! I definitely need more Swierczy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin Crowe View Post
    He also did a really neat PunisherMAX arc after Ennis left. Really got to the core of the character.
    That was the " Six Hours to Kill" arc, which was after Gregg Hurwitz's "Girls in White Dresses" Punisher MAX arc. He also contributed a story to Punisher MAX #75. Not to mention taking over Iron Fist after Brubaker and Fraction and I think he wrote a deadpool mini as well. He also wrote the PunisherMAX special "Force of Nature" and a Werewolf by Night MAX mini, just off the top of my head. He has wrote comic books for a good number of years before Birds of Prey, so he hasn't just jumped in to comics. He made the leap quite a while ago.
    Last edited by Candid Rook; 04-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.

I will the buy the hell out of a Vertigo book by Duane.

I wish him and Gregg Hurwitz were running the Batbooks.

He actually lives in my area of Philadelphia. I may have to start stalking him.
    Last edited by Jackson Brody; 04-20-2012 at 09:05 PM.

I've read 4 of his novels and they are outstanding. Like his comic work also.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!