I hear some polarizing reviews of Supergirl, they either love it or they don't. I haven't tried reading it yet. I guess I'll eventually give it a read for myself one day.
Superman. Almost from the start. Action was good but I find that the quality has dropped every issue then the legion came into things and, anyway, Superman has gone from strength to strength with each issue besting the last.
I dropped Superboy and Supergirl early on, they were okay but financial restrictions stopped me buying them. I'll pick up the trades but from memory it was Superboy in 3rd position and Supergirl 4th
Action, it's not even close.
Indies: Saga, The Private Eye, Chew, The Black Beetle, Pretty Deadly, Umbral, Velvet, Satellite Sam
Marvel: All-New Ghost Rider, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Daredevil, The Punisher, All-New X-Factor
Honestly, Supergirl started off great, but I haven't really been liking this arc and so did Superboy, but once he started meeting with the Teen Titans, it felt more like a Teen Titans book.
Action Comics has been boring and confusing and the Superman title is just LAME.
Supergirl takes it because it has been the most consistent (even if it isn't consistent enough)
Action Comics. It's been consistently picking up steam, and it started out a pretty good book. Supergirl is a closer second than I ever expected it to be.
- Supergirl- anyone who disagrees is wrong
- Action Comics- eh
- Superboy- use to borrow, but when the TT were introduced it became really bad and all the women in the comic look the same
- Superman- no
Ac is beating Supergirl 3-1...close this thread down, and make a new one. Make the votes public though, I WANNA KNOW THERE NAMES!
It's disappoining to some, perhaps, but I expected Action Comics to be ahead here . . . there are some Morrison fanboys who would like it just because his name on it. (And, honestly, many people probably were turned off because Supergirl had such a slow start, and may have given up before it really started moving forward with the story.)
((And, technically, shouldn't that be I WANNA KNOW THEIR NAMES?))
Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Please do not move, while I unleash my flash-vision upon you.
It's picked up recently, and even though I STILL think the whatchamacallit genetic weapons of Krypton SUCK as villains ( and seriously... the designs are pretty darn stupid too), I think there's a lot of potential for character-work and growth in the coming story-line.
But that first arc was a tremendous mistake on DC and the writers behalf, and most definitely did not do the book ANY favours. It lost a lot of potential fans there... So stupid... such a waste.
1. Superman - I loved Perez' arc, and even though it's only been one issue, Jurgens/Giffen looks promising.
2. Supergirl - Total surprise, because I thought the first 4 issues were excruciatingly slow and boring. It's still not great, but its lucky Superboy has gone downhill...
3. Action Comics - Just... okay. I'd prefer they sync up with the modern series and let history be revealed in flashbacks coupled with lots of wordy exposition (I liked Perez' arc, remember? ).
4. Superboy - Dropping it (and the horrible Teen Titans) after "The Culling". This book started out great, but has gotten steadily worse the more Lobdell insists on polluting it with TT.
Action comics- You can always expect to have this story move forward in some way and the pace of the book is so refreshing.
Superman and Supergirl- I would have just given this spot to Supergirl back with the fist 5 issues of Superman. But issue 6 picked everything up and now it seems to be running pretty well.
Superboy- this book is not bad, but god is it slow!!! Almost nothing has really happened. Some could argue that because its a totally rebooted character that we should expect slowness. But then you look at a book like OMAC where the character has been heavily rebooted but unlike Superboy the book has been so fast paced in the best way so it can be done.