Default House of M / Spiderman: House of M inconsitencies

Just got done reading the House of M series as well as all the tie ins on "Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited" and was upset with the Spiderman inconsistencies. Every other tie in seemed to match the events in House of M except for the events in the Spiderman tie in.

Did anyone else notice this? Am I correct in this or am I missing something?

In House of M (page 9/24, Issue #5) when they approach Parker he is in new york, and is recognized by a passer by that acknowledges him as spider man.

In Spider Man : House of M by the end of the series, Spiderman has faked his suicide and is living in seclusion with this family.

Why make the stories so different for the tie in?

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by usshadowop View Post
    Just got done reading the House of M series as well as all the tie ins on "Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited" and was upset with the Spiderman inconsistencies. Every other tie in seemed to match the events in House of M except for the events in the Spiderman tie in.

In House of M (page 9/24, Issue #5) when they approach Parker he is in new york, and is recognized by a passer by that acknowledges him as spider man.

In Spider Man : House of M by the end of the series, Spiderman has faked his suicide and is living in seclusion with this family.

The way it was described to me by my friend/local comic shop owner was that the "House of M: Spider-Man" series tells the story of what would have happened to Peter and his family if the other heroes didn't remind Peter of how the world should be and didn't change the world back.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    The way it was described to me by my friend/local comic shop owner was that the "House of M: Spider-Man" series tells the story of what would have happened to Peter and his family if the other heroes didn't remind Peter of how the world should be and didn't change the world back.
    That is kinda what I was thinking but there is still one inconsistency with that idea that bothers me.

In Spider Man: House of M when spider man commits "suicide" Peter is completely Bald.
    In House of M when they approach Parker his hair is growing back.

This seems to imply that they approached him at a date later than the one he would have pulled the "suicide stunt".

Maybe I'm being too critical, this might just be one of those little details that can get lost in a tie-in.

That is kinda what I was thinking but there is still one inconsistency with that idea that bothers me.

In Spider Man: House of M when spider man commits "suicide" Peter is completely Bald.
    In House of M when they approach Parker his hair is growing back.

This seems to imply that they approached him at a date later than the one he would have pulled the "suicide stunt".

Maybe I'm being too critical, this might just be one of those little details that can get lost in a tie-in.
    Hair grows back quickly.

They could have approached him two days after he first shaved it off in HoM
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!

Hair grows back quickly.

They could have approached him two days after he first shaved it off in HoM
    True, and he could have just shaved again before the events in Spider Man: HoM.

Alright thanks for the discussion, this seems like a good enough explanation to put my mind at ease.

True, and he could have just shaved again before the events in Spider Man: HoM.

Alright thanks for the discussion, this seems like a good enough explanation to put my mind at ease.
    Glad I could help.

Any other Spidey-related topics you have to discuss?

Welcome to the board!

That was the way I understood it, too.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?