Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 206
  1. #31
    Senior Member Meehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Except where it's pointed out she'll be AvX in a minor role and play a large role in WaTXM tie-ins? Which will all be about the Phoenix? Or that she's the main psi at the school and is a major character in WaTXM and Legacy?

    I think it's a valid question about the lack of Earth's longest serving Phoenix avatar not being in the event but so far it's Utopia versus Avengers. It hasn't go to the school yet
    Just because one can formulate a valid question from a transparent troll thread doesn't mean it's not a troll thread. Ultimately, it's kind of an easy question to answer. The AvX crossover is trying to convince Avenger fans to buy X-men books and X-men fans to buy Avenger books. The only way to achieve this is to make the main characters in the arc the most popular Marvel comics heroes. Avenger fans will buy books with Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, etc, but not where Rachel is the focus because she's not a star. X-men fans will buy books with Captain America and Iron Man, but not where Wonder Man is the focus because he's not a star. This is why Wolverine has to lead the new school, as well.

    This doesn't require a transparent trolling OP to say that Avenger Fans aren't going to buy books starring Rachel (except, I guess it does have to troll since the main "point" is common sense and not that exciting and there's no reason to post except to troll for attention).

    Also, he already posted this "thesis" without the trolling in the appropriate Avengers vs X-men review thread just an hour earlier. Why post it again in a separate thread after adding character and fan insults if not to agitate people for attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    Here
    Last edited by Meehl; 04-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    She's played about as big a role in Legacy as any other character not named Rogue. She's in WATX and gets some scenes and is a key player in the Alpha and Omega mini. What exactly more do you want/expect from her?
    That's well and fine that she gets a few scenes here and there, that doesn't disprove my narrative so far that she's not an important character and the writers and editors of AvX are justified in how little she will matter to the book and story.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Did you read that one story where she turned into a dinosaur? Truly a classic tale that will be held up alongside "E for Extinction" and the "Dark Angel Saga" 10 years from now.


  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Just because one can formulate a valid question from a transparent troll thread doesn't mean it's not a troll thread. Ultimately, it's kind of an easy question to answer. The AvX crossover is trying to convince Avenger fans to buy X-men books and X-men fans to buy Avenger books. The only way to achieve this is to make the main characters in the arc the most popular Marvel comics heroes. Avenger fans will buy books with Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, etc, but not where Rachel is the focus because she's not a star. X-men fans will buy books with Captain America and Iron Man, but not where Wonder Man is the focus because he's not a star. This is why Wolverine has to lead the new school, as well.

    This doesn't require a transparent trolling OP to say that Avenger Fans aren't going to buy books starring Rachel (except, I guess it does have to troll since the main "point" is common sense and not that exciting and there's no reason to post except to troll for attention).
    Just because you don't like my question doesn't mean this is a troll thread. I'm asking a very hard question that will cause X-Fans to stop and think about this. The anger here doesn't seem justified based on the attributes of the character in question.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Daithi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    Major Character? I'm reading both books and besides acting as commuications, she's really done nothing special.
    Ah apologies wasn't are that you had to do something special in every issue to be a main character in a team book.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzu0fl6SK41r6h499o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	91234

  6. #36
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Ah apologies wasn't are that you had to do something special in every issue to be a main character in a team book.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzu0fl6SK41r6h499o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	91234
    Aw, the most awesome part of the psi-battle. Rachel turning herself into a little boy bully and kicking ass fist fighting.

  7. #37
    What? BigDtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    That's well and fine that she gets a few scenes here and there, that doesn't disprove my narrative so far that she's not an important character and the writers and editors of AvX are justified in how little she will matter to the book and story.
    She's not an A-list character, that's already well established, you aren't going to find many people who thinks she is, so whats your point? I can see where Meehl is coming from on this.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Ah apologies wasn't are that you had to do something special in every issue to be a main character in a team book.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzu0fl6SK41r6h499o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	91234
    I'm just asking for her to do something. Completely forgettable.

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    She's not an A-list character, that's already well established, you aren't going to find many people who thinks she is, so whats your point? I can see where Meehl is coming from on this.
    My point is the outrage from so many people is unjustified. Yea, you can care about a character that's fine, but to over-inflate the importance of it and the use that to insult writers and editors is idiotic.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Just because one can formulate a valid question from a transparent troll thread doesn't mean it's not a troll thread. Ultimately, it's kind of an easy question to answer. The AvX crossover is trying to convince Avenger fans to buy X-men books and X-men fans to buy Avenger books. The only way to achieve this is to make the main characters in the arc the most popular Marvel comics heroes. Avenger fans will buy books with Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, etc, but not where Rachel is the focus because she's not a star. X-men fans will buy books with Captain America and Iron Man, but not where Wonder Man is the focus because he's not a star. This is why Wolverine has to lead the new school, as well.

    This doesn't require a transparent trolling OP to say that Avenger Fans aren't going to buy books starring Rachel (except, I guess it does have to troll since the main "point" is common sense and not that exciting and there's no reason to post except to troll for attention).

    Also, he already posted this "thesis" without the trolling in the appropriate Avengers vs X-men review thread just an hour earlier. Why post it again in a separate thread after adding character and fan insults if not to agitate people for attention?
    I posted it here as a thread because I thought it'd be a good discussion. X-Fans post here, so why not get it from people who primarily read X-books.

  11. #41
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    My point is the outrage from so many people is unjustified. Yea, you can care about a character that's fine, but to over-inflate the importance of it and the use that to insult writers and editors is idiotic.
    The outrage wasn't about if Rachel's going to be use, but the approach they're taking on the Phoenix story. Of course that'll include history regarding Rachel and no matter the reason, long time readers will always have issue when continuity appears to be ignored.

    You're basically saying Rachel sucks so it's okay to ignore her and expecting people to agree with you.

  12. #42
    What? BigDtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    My point is the outrage from so many people is unjustified. Yea, you can care about a character that's fine, but to over-inflate the importance of it and the use that to insult writers and editors is idiotic.
    If people are doing that, then yeah, I agree with you. But I honestly didn't get the feeling that there were just so many people outraged over it, (but thats just me). Perhaps your OP should specifically call out those people though, because it kind of came off as you just trashing Rachel and Rachel fans.

  13. #43
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    If people are doing that, then yeah, I agree with you. But I honestly didn't get the feeling that there were just so many people outraged over it, (but thats just me). Perhaps your OP should specifically call out those people though, because it kind of came off as you just trashing Rachel and Rachel fans.
    And colossus and his fans! Who is getting a lot of play so it was sort of out of nowhere.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The outrage wasn't about if Rachel's going to be use, but the approach they're taking on the Phoenix story. Of course that'll include history regarding Rachel and no matter the reason, long time readers will always have issue when continuity appears to be ignored.

    You're basically saying Rachel sucks so it's okay to ignore her and expecting people to agree with you.
    Yea, I'm asking if people agree with me that she is unimportant. That's what this is, a forum to discuss opinions. I'm glad you identified this.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    If people are doing that, then yeah, I agree with you. But I honestly didn't get the feeling that there were just so many people outraged over it, (but thats just me). Perhaps your OP should specifically call out those people though, because it kind of came off as you just trashing Rachel and Rachel fans.
    I'm not insulting anyone. So far no one has told me anything that she adds or has done of significant importance to justify being any kind of player in any thing.

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    And colossus and his fans! Who is getting a lot of play so it was sort of out of nowhere.
    Colossus as Juggernaut is a plot point, but it doesn't seem to carry much weight to it. That's why I added him. You could remove him from the comics and still hit all the same notes. The greatest Colossus story is when he came back from the dead. Since then and before that, notta.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •