Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Captain America is allowed to mistakes. As is Superman. They've both been called out on such things in past. There may not be an example of that within the past few months, but certainly within the past few years.
    Such as..?

Since you used the plural with both, I'm sure a couple of examples for each that don't date back to the 80's aren't out of your reach.

We're talking about situations where Cap or Superman were wrong, and someone else was right.

The floor is yours.
    Last edited by jyeager11; 04-10-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    Right, I was one of them. And hated how the writers vilified the character as the series progressed.
    I would agree that the first issue really sets up the Avengers as the reasonable heroes and new readers, or those unfamiliar with the X-Men, will lean towards the Avengers, but let's see how the series progresses as I am sure things will start to change once it's shown that the Phoenix is not something the Avengers (or the X-Men) can plan for and cracks start to form on both sides.

Such as..?

Since you used the plural with both, I'm sure a couple of examples for each that don't date back to the 80's aren't out of your reach.

We're talking about situations where Cap or Superman were wrong, and someone else was right.

The floor is yours.
    In Cap's case, he made a mistake in the first Secret Avengers arc. He and his team were tracking something they didn't understand, and nearly got their heads handed to them as a result. I seem to recall the lack of knowledge and, thus, lack of a clear plan of action, being pointed out in the story. He wasn't Cap at the time, granted, but it's still the same guy.

In Civil War, people observed that he shouldn't have had that meeting with Tony and his squad where he electrocuted him. It was needlessly confrontational, as it accomplished nothing in the overall conflict but more destruction.

And it could be argued that his recent actions in his own comic are mistakes. In the first arc, he had kept hidden that a corrupted agent from his past was out there somewhere--sure, possibly trapped in another dimension, but that's not really a safe place to leave someone--and then trying to fight through his serum issues. I believe Tony called him out on that last one.

And now in AvX he's wrong in how he's handling this situation. He makes it clear that it's not a request to take Hope, but a demand. He hadn't consulted with Cyclops beforehand, not Hope, not anyone on Utopia. Conflict was the most likely outcome at that point.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 04-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

In Texas, you don't come onto a man's property and make demands. Them are fighting words.

(Well, you don't do that in New York, either.)
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

But no comic book writer alive working for the Big 2 has been able to pull off the complex characterizations we regularly on hit TV dramas.
    I'll say TV dramas are merely inspired by comic books authors from the 80' and the 90' than the contrary if you allow me.. And I'll add by authors like Chris Claremont to Alan Moore, from guys like Peter Milligan, Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman to people like Warren Ellis and Mark Millar..But I won't say TV shows like TWIN PEAKS or THE SOPRANOS didn't count neither, but you were quoted LOST, it is the tv serial written in a comic book spirit by definition..

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Anyone know of a "Vote for JRJR to retire" campaign? I'd gladly sign, I have endured his artwork on many Marvel books over the years and I'm wondering when I won't have to anymore.

Havent read AvX #1 yet, I just hope it will be a good and not-too-over-stretched event.
    JRJR

RULES.

But today-colouring in comics is absolutely ruining all the top-artists, from Walt Simonson to Neal Adams..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future