Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I dont see it that way. I think we're equal on this front, its just a matter of personalities. Some women might be too dominant, others too submissive. Ditto for men.
    Oh, I just worked out how to multiquote. Cool.

Yes, the submissive men will be the ones who talk about their feelings a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Yikes... yeah I'm not down with this philosophy. If it works with you more power to ya. My relationships, the women always chased me in the beginning (I know, I sound this sounds kinda jerkish but it's true) but then it's pretty equal once we get into the actual relationship.
    I dont think any man is the equal of a woman in a relationship - not as a natural consequence anyway. Well perhaps that is not true. In western society though, I would say that is the case, or more specifically in any situation where a man believes in treating women with respect and dignity. Which of course is how they should be treated. The man who disrespects my little Amazon is in for trouble, and then more when she finishes with him and tells me about it.

That's why I read Wonder Woman. Its a great fantasy that you wish was true.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-06-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Steve Trevor is a poor dumb idiot. Where's the news?

Wonder Woman needs to go the other side, fast.

Look at the way she's eating up Lois Laine with her eyes

It's so blatant it hurts.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 04-06-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Which country is that? Actually, perhaps a better question which be which planet?
    Australia. We predominately do not go in for the game playing thing here. I know it does go on, but its not nearly as common here as it is in places like the USA. I figure its because we lack the strict family first religious right that you guys have: Its not that it doesn't exist here, its that it doesn't have the foot-hold that it has in the US. We also have a lot fewer of those silly liberal arts colleges that fill womens heads with silly ideas about how they are all victims of all men (probably why we voted in a female atheist as our leader. Totally couldn't see that happening anytime soon in the states). An when women do stupid entitled things here, people are less reluctant to step out and tell that person to pull there head out of their back paddock.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Australia. We predominately do not go in for the game playing thing here. I know it does go on, but its not nearly as common here as it is in places like the USA. I figure its because we lack the strict family first religious right that you guys have: Its not that it doesn't exist here, its that it doesn't have the foot-hold that it has in the US. We also have a lot fewer of those silly liberal arts colleges that fill womens heads with silly ideas about how they are all victims of all men (probably why we voted in a female atheist as our leader. Totally couldn't see that happening anytime soon in the states). An when women do stupid entitled things here, people are less reluctant to step out and tell that person to pull there head out of their back paddock.
    LOL

Oh my. I think you need to check the space under my avatar, about 18 cm to the left

PS - we didnt vote in Julia Gillard, remember. Labor doesn't have the votes to govern in its own right.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-06-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

I just got around to reading this.

Poor Steve - not only does he look and act like Tom Tresser [yay] he makes the same dumb mistakes.

Never tell a woman how you really feel unless she has told you first - and especially never tell Wonder Woman!
    Dude, I think it's about time you let Tom Tresser go. He's gone and he is not coming back. Yes he was pretty, yes he was awesome and yes I miss him too, but he dumped Diana like the bad habit she was.

And surely Tom looks like Steve. And kinda has his job... Poor guy was picked just to be the poor mans Steve Trevor. All time low for Tom.

Ah well, I'm gonna jump on the DianaXLois ship, whoooo! Get it on ladies!

Oh, I just worked out how to multiquote. Cool.

Yes, the submissive men will be the ones who talk about their feelings a lot.
    Alphas share their feelings too. The difference is that they dont mope.
    "I love you, do you love me?"
    "No."
    "Well see ya later toots, i'm off!"

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

PS - we didnt vote in Julia Gillard, remember.
    Actually we did. We voted her in in 2007. The fact that she did that through an application of a minority government none the less means that we voted her in.

"No."
    Cuts down on all the bullshit though doesn't it.

Nothing is as pathetic as living with someone who's just been dumped & having to listen to hours of either songs by women about being broken hearted, or country and western songs about being broken hearted. At least throw in a song about your truck being broke down, if you're going to go the country and western route.
    Last edited by kelly_warrior_princess; 04-06-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Actually we did. We voted her in in 2007. The fact that she did that through an application of a minority government none the less means that we voted her in.
    Labor could not form government - ergo, they were not voted in. You could just as easily say the independent seats making up the goverment were voted in - they weren't put there to govern, and only do so because of a parliamentary oddity. They formed a goverment, but were not installed as one by vote.

or country and western songs about being broken hearted. At least throw in a song about your truck being broke down, if you're going to go the country and western route.
    Xander: I’m just gonna go home, lie down, and listen to country music. The music of pain.

"No."
    Sounds like a conversation between two Alphas.

And getting back to the original point, check out Steve Trevor. He is all alpha in this issue - right up to the point where Wonder Woman appears. Clearly in your scenario above it went more like this...

"No."
    "Well, okay then, but I'm going to hang around and do everything for you!"

Oh yeah, you can just see in his face how much he loves that being all open and vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    I just had the same conversation with my cat
    Phew ... so I'm not the only one. I have this conversation with Her Magnificence, the Great and Wonderful Hosh-Pooch, Queen of the Universe every day.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Steve Trevor is a poor dumb idiot. Where's the news?

Wonder Woman needs to go the other side, fast.

Look at the way she's eating up Lois Laine with her eyes

It's so blatant it hurts.
    Damn, Diana! Put your eyes back in your head already. It's not polite to stare :)

Poor Steve - not only does he look and act like Tom Tresser [yay] he makes the same dumb mistakes.
    Long time ago, I told you not only Tom Tresser does look like a Steve Trevor (Junior) [yay] but he makes the same dumb mistakes. Tom was such a different character before Allan Heinberg.

At least I'm glad we got our good old Steve back. That scene in JL#7 was sweet. That's the only thing I like about the New 52 so far. The ONLY THING!

It's sad because I'm a big fan of the Greek gods since forever. I guess Azzarello's writing to me is more like a troll writing shocking stuff with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response. I'm not a fan of a Jerry Springer show with Greek gods as guests.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 04-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Long time ago, I told you not only Tom Tresser does look like a Steve Trevor (Junior) [yay] but he makes the same dumb mistakes. Tom was such a different character before Allan Heinberg.

At least I'm glad we got our good old Steve back. That scene in JL#7 was sweet. That's the only thing I like about the New 52 so far. The ONLY THING!

It's sad because I'm a big fan of the Greek gods since forever. I guess Azzarello's writing to me is more like a troll writing shocking stuff with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.
    LOL Truth be told I am a huge fan of Castle with Nathan Fillion, and an episode does not go by without me wringing my hands and shouting at the tv screen "Just tell her you love her, idiot!" But that's like - you know - watching Thor flying through the air and hurling lightning bolts and thinkinkg "Yeah, that would be cool of the universe worked like that."

I dont know how i feel about Johns handling this. He's not the writer i'd choose for a romance subplot/plot. But Steve Trevor has been the best part of his JL book so i have some faith in him.

First thing that I thought when I woke up this morning...

"I'll bet he was touching that damned lasso when he said it."