Default Fatale #4 Discussion.

Legitimately depressed that I have to wait another month for issue #5. I feel like Fatale really hit it's stride in the last two issues with this one being the better of the two.

I'm finding re-reading a day or two later is a must with this just cause the plot lines are getting quite intricate and really make you pay attention to the art too, no easy skimming here.

Any thoughts on the Hanged man/Josephine connection? That was the one that puzzled me the most.

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

can't answer the Hanged Man/Josie connection yet....
    plan a full reread with the release of issue 5, so if we both can wait that long.... maybe by then I'll have some answers (maybe). Meanwhile, thoroughly enjoying this story!~
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

has this book really improved that much with issues 3 and 4? that seems to be what everyone is saying.

i dropped Fatale after issue 2, cause i found it confusing and not really on par with stuff like Incognito... but if it really has been better since, i might consider picking it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    has this book really improved that much with issues 3 and 4? that seems to be what everyone is saying.

i dropped Fatale after issue 2, cause i found it confusing and not really on par with stuff like Incognito... but if it really has been better since, i might consider picking it up again.
    I dont' know about better but I found issue 4 much more focused and straight forward at least. It picked a time line and just unfolded some plot.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

The first two were admittedly a little unfocused and demanded attention to detail. However with another read of them I filled the gaps I'd missed first time around really easily.

I agree with what Capuga said, the last two have been more focused and less all over the place compared to the first two. Really getting excited about where they're gonna take this one.

so i guess this is one of those books that's gonna read better in trade...

Well it seems that as of issue three Brubaker was still setting the premise and fleshing out the characters, add in the two time lines and I agree with the rest of you that it can be a bit confusing upon first read. This issue focused more on the story than the characters. Interested in finding out what the hanged man/Jo connection is as well.

When the story is complete, it's gonna be the best Brubaker/Phillips book. I'm calling it.

The issues do demand a lot of attention, and a strong focus. I pretty much have to read the previous two issues before the next installment to make sure I understand whats happening as best as I can. I hope they bring out a single Hardcover when the story is finished. That would be so sweet.

Criminal and Incognito are more straight forward stories. This book has a mystery at the center of it all. It is also a mixed genre of noir and lovecraft horror, so it is harder to get into. But I find it really is pulling me in.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I'm at the point of no return here. It has officially sucked me in.

As for the Hanged man/Josephine connection ... she seems to be some sort of supernatural catalyst. Perhaps she used to run with the cult?
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur