Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Mark Brodersen hondobrode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Levitz has written a lot of stuff I've really liked.

    The DCnU is worlds deep. It's great seeing how these different worlds are similar, and different.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

  2. #17
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    I love these two characters but not a big fan of trapped in another universe stories.
    It seems a bit odd that they'd be trapped. These are super heroes: going to another dimension is just another Tuesday.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  3. #18
    Bill Everett Fan custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

    ...but I still cant get over the fact that Earth 2 Batman is confirmed a Wayne and is using escrima sticks... that can't be for no reason at all.
    Maybe they are Arnis Sticks or from Kali? ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I don't like Levitz' work at all, I find him incredibly boring.

    However, this is a title about one of my favorite DC characters so I'm going to buy it anyway, hopefully Levitz can be entertaining enough.
    Paul's the Man. Long live the Legion. It is the characters I find dull here. How strange.

    I'm more looking forward to Justice Society. Or maybe the women will have a lot of cool guest stars.Fingers crossed.

  4. #19
    LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What a complete waste of Levitz.This whole sad nonsense of trying to push the same crap through another funnel.All Earth 2 needs to be is the home for JSA.This nonsense about Alternate Earth Supes and Bats and their extended families is a Elsewords one shot concept that has gone on far too long.But thats what DC hardcore want the same story over and over again.
    You do realize that the original Earth 2 was about more than the JSA. That Huntress was the daughter of Bruce and Catwoman. Batman grew old and died. Superman aged and mentored Power Girl. And so on. If anything, World's Finest is more a nod to that history and nothing like Elseworlds at all. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two

    Or: http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/timeline2.html


    "1955
    ========================
    October
    Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle [Superman Family #211]

    1956
    ========================
    July
    Kathy Kane becomes Batwoman [note: original publication date; Earth-2
    Batwoman's career starts prior to 1955, probably postwar heroine] [Edmond Hamilton]

    1957
    ========================
    June
    Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle have a daughter, Helena Wayne (Huntress II). [Last Days of the JSA]"
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

    The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

  5. #20
    Junior Member jnocomski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Caloocan, Philippines
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I love the emphasize on Karen Starr the Billionaire... Can't wait!

  6. #21
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It seems a bit odd that they'd be trapped. These are super heroes: going to another dimension is just another Tuesday.
    In this universe on the "main" Earth there is no Dr. Fate yet to toss open a magical portal or Legion technology from the future in the Superman of today's hands, as it is a younger universe. I'm sure the storyline of their being stranded will only be for the first year or two as I bet the writers are going to wait and ring out both the family drama between both WF and E2 and also have things get progressively desperate on E2 to have we the readers begging for the WF duo to get back to help their friends, etc.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    You know, the more I think about this, the more I feel that the E2 Batman and Catwoman are Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle after all, and all the ambiguity and secrecy about it is just a red-herring. But I also believe that this Bruce and Selina WILL have substantially different backstories from their E0 counterparts.

  8. #23
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    Batman grew old and died.
    Didn't he die of cancer? Or was that another earth's Batman? I'm terrible at pre crisis history.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Didn't he die of cancer? Or was that another earth's Batman? I'm terrible at pre crisis history.
    IIRC (which may not be the case...) Earth-2's Batman had terminal cancer but actually was killed while stopping some supervillain or other. He went down swingin'.
    Current favorites: Supergirl, Batman

  10. #25
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfW65 View Post
    IIRC (which may not be the case...) Earth-2's Batman had terminal cancer but actually was killed while stopping some supervillain or other. He went down swingin'.
    ah yeah, that's it. I thought those were two different events.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,412

    Default Levitz/World's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    You do realize that the original Earth 2 was about more than the JSA. That Huntress was the daughter of Bruce and Catwoman. Batman grew old and died. Superman aged and mentored Power Girl. And so on. If anything, World's Finest is more a nod to that history and nothing like Elseworlds at all. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two

    Or: http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/timeline2.html


    "1955
    ========================
    October
    Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle [Superman Family #211]

    1956
    ========================
    July
    Kathy Kane becomes Batwoman [note: original publication date; Earth-2
    Batwoman's career starts prior to 1955, probably postwar heroine] [Edmond Hamilton]

    1957
    ========================
    June
    Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle have a daughter, Helena Wayne (Huntress II). [Last Days of the JSA]"
    Like I said all E2 needs to be is a world for JSA.No matter how far back some of this alternate Bats/Supes nonsense has been going on it simply recycles lame variations of the same old story.Again these were Elseworlds concepts that need to stay there.It's bad enough we have a growing Batman Beyond universe which ruins a pretty good spin on a near future look at Batman.Batman Beyond Justice League? Give me a break.How about a Batman Beyond E2/World's Finest/JL....complete waste of Levitz.

  12. #27
    ..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gatineau, Québec
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    Paul's the Man. Long live the Legion. It is the characters I find dull here. How strange.

    I'm more looking forward to Justice Society. Or maybe the women will have a lot of cool guest stars.Fingers crossed.
    Exactly, I have read Paul Levitz since he began a DC in the 70's. The Legion is usually a great book as well.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

  13. #28
    Member Badger1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-23_1977 View Post
    Very leary on anything regarding the New Huntress since the bait and switch from Bertinelli to Wayne, so until Helena Bertinelli is back I'm passing on anything Huntress related.
    Your loss. From my point of view, she started out as Wayne, so this is just going back to the roots of the character.

  14. #29
    a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southeast tennessee
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    While I am looking forward to both E-2 and Worlds' Finest, I have to say I'm more than a bit sad that the characters I love from that world/era wont be in the books. This Helena, even though she's Helena Wayne daughter of Batman and Catwoman (probably) wont be the Huntress/Helena Wayne that I was looking forward to seeing again. That Helena was a lawyer...this one probably never even finished high school since she's been on this earth since she was 16. Kara, while still Karen Starr is not the Power Girl who wanted to be her own woman and not a shadow of someone else.
    The same with the JSA. A lot of the characters that I loved and a lot of what I loved about them wont be there. I loved the experience and history these characters had and the pairing of the older characters with the younger generation. With them being young themselves, there wont be a Jesse Quick, Jade, Obsidian, Atom Smasher, Fury, Silver Scarab, Stargirl...just kind of sad.
    Not all who wander are lost....

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    Your loss. From my point of view, she started out as Wayne, so this is just going back to the roots of the character.
    Thing is if it was the return of the original Helena Wayne I'd be all for it IF both Wayne and Bertinelli were in the world, but from all things we have read so far it is a different character. My loss yes, but I am entitled to do what I wish, have my own opinion, and if I see something like this that I have a feeling will be bad, it's my choice to make that judgement. On what they did with the Huntress mini alone, saying it was Bertinelli in solicitations and then the bait and switch on fans mid story, its rotten. But that's how I feel about it.
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •