Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wolverine fighting against the X-Men...it's just not right.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Spidey's gotten along just fine with the x-men, usually follows a formula of misunderstanding, fight, kiss and make-up.

I don't see him switching sides until this conflict gets more complicated, all spidey sees is giant bird heading towards earth, and Scott opposing any avengers involvement because it's a mutant proble,
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Wolverine fighting against the X-Men...it's just not right.
    It will get more complicated, and I bet at one point Logan switches sides
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    Spidey's gotten along just fine with the x-men, usually follows a formula of misunderstanding, fight, kiss and make-up.
    Doesn't it involve making out with Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    The price he ultimately paid as a result of what he did during Civil War was his marriage to Mary Jane since said events lead into OMD. But, to the question at hand...if Peter was to do the right thing...he should try his best to establish a peace between the Avengers and the X-men and not pick either side.
    Excuse me- I have a somewhat related question. I have been out of the loop and am wondering about something:

I have read about the changes in Brand New Day and One More Day so I understand that the world has forgotten Parker's revealing of his identity... but what about the Super-Human registration act? Is he registered now? Did all of the heroes on the losing side end up registering?

I think if Cyke wanted to appeal to Spidermans humanity he should have done so from the begining now it's a bit too late.
    Spidey saw what the out of the control phoenix force did to the avengers. And how the P5 are blinded with power.
    I think if Cyke tried to convince him now he'd have a similar response than in the secret wars tv storyline :
    where Doom stole Beyonders powers and said he'd use it for good, where he said those kinds of powers are too much of
    a responsibility for a mere human.

Being a superhero is one thing
    But he knows that having godlike powers is way too much of a risk.

On a more funny note he has to stay in good relations with Carol.
    The lack of originality will always bother me

Quote Originally Posted by diemildefreude View Post
    Excuse me- I have a somewhat related question. I have been out of the loop and am wondering about something:

I have read about the changes in Brand New Day and One More Day so I understand that the world has forgotten Parker's revealing of his identity... but what about the Super-Human registration act? Is he registered now? Did all of the heroes on the losing side end up registering?
    No at the end of Siege the registration act got repelled.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez12 View Post
    Wow... I'm surprised Spiderman can swat Wolverine back like that. Was that in Spidey's own book or did Wolvie job or what?
    Spidey can lift between 10-20 tons. smacking around someone that weighs 200ish pounds would be no problem. And he probably wouldn't be holding back against Wolverine.
    HeroUp.com Squad: Teal Spider Mime
    Signature Hero: Spider-Man
    Squad Level: 640+

My Comic Collection

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathas View Post
    Spidey can lift between 10-20 tons. smacking around someone that weighs 200ish pounds would be no problem. And he probably wouldn't be holding back against Wolverine.
    Because Wolverine has a healing factor that renders him damn near immortal and his bones are coated in adamantium, the hardest metal known to man outside of vibranium, so a ten-ton smack from Spider-Man won't kill him that easily. It'll hurt like hell, but he'll manage. And yes, Spider-Man is usually capable of lifting ten tons max on a good day. If he has to push himself for the sake of his own survival or someone else's protection, he could probably lift a fair bit more than that, but it'd have to be a desperate situation, like how normal people in real life have exhibited what seems like superhuman strength in order to lift a car that their loved ones were trapped under.

I think if Cyke wanted to appeal to Spidermans humanity he should have done so from the begining now it's a bit too late.
    Spidey saw what the out of the control phoenix force did to the avengers. And how the P5 are blinded with power.
    I think if Cyke tried to convince him now he'd have a similar response than in the secret wars tv storyline :
    where Doom stole Beyonders powers and said he'd use it for good, where he said those kinds of powers are too much of
    a responsibility for a mere human.

Being a superhero is one thing
    But he knows that having godlike powers is way too much of a risk.
    I like the point you made, TheboyinShadows. Spider-Man's all about being responsible with the power you do have and what the Phoenix Five-cum-Four have been up to in the most recent issues is far from being responsible. Namor did a one-man war on Wakanda because it was hosting the Avengers (and holding Transonic hostage, but nobody seems to care much about that) and thus in his eyes giving shelter to enemies of the world (order that the Phoenix Five wanted to make). Illyana was holding Avengers hostage in what amounted to a piece of hell on Earth, and she and Colossus ended up turning on each other because Illyana was letting the power go to her head and cloud her already-murky sense of ethics and Colossus was on his way to following suit if only in his mind to protect the world from the other Phoenix hosts. Emma brain-fried a man for doing a hit-and-run on a flying mutant boy while piloting a jet years ago and never telling anyone about it because it was no different to him than hitting a seagull or a pigeon and entertained thoughts of just brain-frying all of the Avengers. Cyclops has been getting increasingly uncaring of the opinions and rights of others if it stands in the way of him doing what he thinks is right for the world, and that's not the kind of mindset you want anyone to have when wielding that kind of power.

Going back to your analogy to the TV adaptation of Secret Wars in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, I'm thinking Spider-Man confronts Cyclops and/or Emma near the end of AvX and gives them the "Look at what you've become! Look at what you're doing to the world you say you want to save!" speech to shame them into some semblance of rationality. Of course, it would likely blow up in his face and he'd get his ass kicked like back with Colossus and Illyana, but it might give them just enough pause to hold off on the thought of outright killing him, which might be enough time for them to be subdued by the Avengers and X-Men working together. At least, that's one way of going about it.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.