Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default New Clips For DC Nation's "Green Lantern," "Young Justice," "Animal Man"

In addition to new clips and a batch of stills from this weekend's episodes of "Green Lantern" and "Young Justice," Cartoon Network has released a look at its DC Nation "S.B.F.F." and "Animal Man" shorts.

Full article here.

Still have to say the pre:DCnU outfit still looks better...even in cartoon form!

BANNED

megan is a jerk, couldnt she just make her arms slight longer and catch robin, i'm sure the audience wouldnt know at that distance

I'm really looking forward to the St. Walker appearance. :)
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

It's nice to see animation that accents the lighter, more humorous side of superheroics, even if they're just shorts.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

BANNED

i spoiled myself and watched the rest of this season's Young Justice in Spanish. Holy....!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    i spoiled myself and watched the rest of this season's Young Justice in Spanish. Holy....!!!!!
    It's Portuguese.

Isn't the tone of Animal Man a little misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by lead sharp View Post
    Isn't the tone of Animal Man a little misleading?
    Misleading for what? You think people will feel bamboozled when they find out that the Animal Man in the DCnU is a dark, horror-esque book? If that's the case, then the tone of all the shorts is misleading. The shorts range largely from really light to standard, while the DCnU ranges from standard to very dark.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Misleading for what? You think people will feel bamboozled when they find out that the Animal Man in the DCnU is a dark, horror-esque book? If that's the case, then the tone of all the shorts is misleading. The shorts range largely from really light to standard, while the DCnU ranges from standard to very dark.
    He has a point though...I was thinking the same thing. That is, if part of the cartoons are to draw in new comic book readers, some people are going to get an unpleasant surprise with Animal Man.

Animal Man in cartoon is adorable/cute.
    Animal Man in books is...macabre.

That's a pretty big difference for a newbie...especially a younger kid. I hope parents are pre-checking any internet purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    He has a point though...I was thinking the same thing. That is, if part of the cartoons are to draw in new comic book readers, some people are going to get an unpleasant surprise with Animal Man.

Animal Man in cartoon is adorable/cute.
    Animal Man in books is...macabre.

That's a pretty big difference for a newbie...especially a younger kid. I hope parents are pre-checking any internet purchases.
    Okay, so it might be a bit misleading in that way. Personally, I think it would be nice if the current DCU could learn to embrace the lighter side of superheroes. I doubt that'll happen because death, destruction and despair equal drama and drama sells with the current comic reading demographic.

Misleading or not, I'm happy to have these shorts. Why? Because as a fan of funny superheroes since 1998 (the year the original funny Young Justice debuted), these funny little shorts are pretty much all DC's giving me to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Okay, so it might be a bit misleading in that way. Personally, I think it would be nice if the current DCU could learn to embrace the lighter side of superheroes. I doubt that'll happen because death, destruction and despair equal drama and drama sells with the current comic reading demographic.

Misleading or not, I'm happy to have these shorts. Why? Because as a fan of funny superheroes since 1998 (the year the original funny Young Justice debuted), these funny little shorts are pretty much all DC's giving me to work with.
    For me the shorts are running about 50/50. I mostly love Plasticman, Teen Titans, and now Animal Man, but loathe the Tokyo Superman and those claymation characters (which I originally thought I'd love hands down as I love Wallace and Grommit.)

If the books featured more humor like the better shorts as well as that of the original Young Justice book I'd still be a major purchaser of DC products. As of right now, I'll likely be picking up only Flash at some point...just not this year or next depending on where it goes and how they continue to treat my once favorite characters.

Wish there was a medium-road grade of books for those of us who love and will pay for well done art but who can't stomach flying body parts or parasite torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    For me the shorts are running about 50/50. I mostly love Plasticman, Teen Titans, and now Animal Man, but loathe the Tokyo Superman and those claymation characters (which I originally thought I'd love hands down as I love Wallace and Grommit.)

If the books featured more humor like the better shorts as well as that of the original Young Justice book I'd still be a major purchaser of DC products. As of right now, I'll likely be picking up only Flash at some point...just not this year or next depending on where it goes and how they continue to treat my once favorite characters.

Wish there was a medium-road grade of books for those of us who love and will pay for well done art but who can't stomach flying body parts or parasite torture.
    Okay, so they're not all gems. I'll agree about the Claymation shorts. Just not a fan.

Interestingly, I'm largely picking up stuff like I, Vampire and Night Force, which are dark. However, in horror books the darkness feels, I don't know, purposeful. It's part of the genre. In superhero books, tone often just feels like it's chosen because of what sells (not a bad thing businesswise, but an annoying thing from a reader's standpoint). And dark moments are often used for shock value.

Ok the Batgirl and Animal Man shorts are pretty good, eventhough Animal Man is a dick. Better than the other shorts I have seen
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I can certainly see a case for a lighter side to the DCU as well as maybe actually making an Animal Man animated film with the tone of the comic.