Default OT: John Arcudi's "The Creep"

Jonathan Case talks about the three-part story The Creep in Dark Horse Presents, and briefly speaks about the future of the series.

John Arcudi talks further about The Creep, what makes a good story and what makes good horror comics.

Includes a cover for The Creep #1 by Mike Mignola:

The hardcover comes out in April:

THE CREEP

written by John Arcudi
    art by Jonathan Case
    cover by Tonci Zonjic

On sale April 24,
    Full colour, 136 pages,
    $19.99,
    Hardcover, 6" x 9"

A young boy puts a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. The police don’t care—not about his death or the death of his best friend two months earlier. The dead boy’s mom seeks help from an old flame that’s employed as a detective. Will the detective’s freakish appearance get in the way of uncovering the terrible secrets of these two teenagers? Collects issues #0-4.
    • From the writer of B.P.R.D. and the artist of Green River Killer.
    • Additional art by Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, and Ryan Sook.

This looks great, I'll be getting the hardcover!

That being said, can anyone help me with something, how is Dark Horse doing when it comes to collecting the stories in Dark Horse Presents in trades/hardcovers?
    Are there plans to collect whole issues of DHP itself or just story by story in stand alone hardcovers like this one?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    This looks great, I'll be getting the hardcover!

That being said, can anyone help me with something, how is Dark Horse doing when it comes to collecting the stories in Dark Horse Presents in trades/hardcovers?
    Are there plans to collect whole issues of DHP itself or just story by story in stand alone hardcovers like this one?
    Hmmmm, I'd say standalone treatments like this would seem a safe bet.

Because I'd think it likely that for any new DHP collections there would first need to come to exist a timelapse or availibility-drop between the issues and any reprints getting done.

Like new issue-collections would best serve as being reprints, so the issues would first get a chance at getting sold and as such at becoming sold out pretty much first.

After all, formats aren't only formats for readers to be preferring or favor, when they could be the designated format of choice for the publisher at the same time.
    And DHP as issues is primarily an anthology as meant to invite readers onto the variety of Dark Horse stuff to like or purchase. With each issue as being an ongoing collected mini of sorts. Meant for offering like Hellboy or BPRD in combination with completely different titles for any readers to be getting a load of.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

That makes a lot of sense, I hadn't thought about it that way!

Too bad I only buy collected editions. I might track down the first year of this new DHP and do a Bound Volume of it... Seems to me like the easiest way to get all the stories in a collected book.
    Thanks for the insight!